“Not a positive experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Loft

The Loft
Ranked #1 of 556 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Loft is a 2 level restaurant with a live music venue upstairs. Amazing food, friendly service, and delicious drinks mixed with an atmosphere you won't find anywhere else at the hub of Uptown Columbus! The Loft is a Columbus Uptown favorite, a family run business rooted in local history since 1992, combining food, fun, and music in a scrumptious and unique way. It has always been our family's goal to share with our patron's quality and value in a casual atmosphere. In short, if you love extraordinary food, the best in live entertainment plus a warm and welcoming service staff, come spend the evening with us!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Not a positive experience”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Unfortunately we did not make it past phone conversations to actually have a meal.

I was trying to secure a location to host a rehearsal dinner for 20-25. The menu and prices were very attractive for my party and the only major request I had was to pre select 3-4 items from their menu to avoid the menus being on the tables and also so no one could see the prices.

I was told by the manager, Ben, that they “could not work off a limited menu on the busiest night of the week”, a Friday. I explained I had not selected the cheapest items but that still was not a consideration.

I called the next day asking for the manager and got Ben again, and explained I had spend about 15-18 hours overnight trying to understand why 4 items from their menu was considered a limited menu. He got into P Mix and price points, restaurant jargon, not realizing I work in the hospitality industry and knew he was trying to confuse me. He also stated that since they had opened the dining room upstairs they have had challenges with their kitchen and there would be a kitchen disaster if they got one ticket with 25 steaks. Even offering to have the orders called in on the Monday or Tuesday prior to my event so they could order appropriately did not impact his statement of “working off a limited menu on the busiest night of the week”. He still had not asked what menu entrees I was interested in.

I told him I understood they could not handle a party of 25 and that it was nice to know that ahead of time. I am not exactly sure he understood my party was not coming to The Loft…

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Sheldon B

Midland, Georgia
“The best in Columbus! The ratings are accurate.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Great service! Most important , though is the food. The server recommended the pork chop which was outstanding. The side recommended as a side is the home made oven baked man n cheese- awesome. Nice selections of beer. Super home made chips and French onion dip. I know, not a low calorie evening but you need to splurge one in awhile.

3 Thank Newamica
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best bar in columbus”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great food.
Great atmosphere.
Great crowd.

Hidden gem.
Great music and a young professional crowd I enjoyed

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank DavidStephens634
Louisville, Kentucky
“Just good”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

It is a nicer restaurant in the area I was told by others, so I went to check it out. Food was between good and alright, but not all that fancy as some people claimed. Staff was very friendly, place is very clean. Had very good service, but the grilled Grouper could have been better. The Dijon sauce was bit bland, and I felt like that they ran out of red bell pepper when they made the couscous!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Suranga H
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
“Very cool jazz bar”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Food was just OK, service was slow. Young staff who aren't very efficient, but we went to hear the jazz and it was terrific.

1 Thank Kymberly H

Been to The Loft? Share your experiences!