“Definitely go for the beer!”

The Cannon Brew Pub
Ranked #13 of 569 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My friend commented that what should I expect for food at a brew house? The food was average at best, typical ale house type menu. I had the panka crusted catfish tacos which were actually really good but the accompanying sweet potato fries were terrible. The calamari was very greasy but the blue cheese chips were pretty good. The best part was the in house wheat ale. Probably the best wheat beer I have had and I really enjoy wheat beer. If you go for the beer and aren't expecting great food you will love this place. The restaurant itself was pretty cool as it is in historic downtown.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the second time we have visited. They have renovated and expanded. Did not lose any ambiance in the process. Their summer brew was tasty. The food was good, better than a lot we have experienced.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great beer. Wood fired pizza was excellent, as were the burgers. It is unexpectedly pricy though. Service was very good.

1  Thank KBGA
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Great burgers! Good beer fried fries. Excellent stout brownie! Super home made Root Beer. Katie our server was very good

1  Thank Newamica
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went the day before my daughters wedding and had a great waitress (yay Melissa). We wanted to return the next day after the wedding with our party of 11. Melissa was very helpful coordinating with the manager to find us a cool table and even requesting that she be our server again! We were happy. We went the next day right after the wedding on the riverwalk and Melissa went to check in with her manager about it. The hostess was VERY RUDE to us. As well as other wait staff saying that Melissa wasn't a manager and could not make those kind of decisions and she should not have told us tht. I tried to explain that she had talked to a manager the previous day (who was to busy to come and talk to us). Melissa was very apologetic and even came over a couple of times to check on us. The waitress that we got seemed very new and we waited at least 30 minutes for our drinks. Now we have a bride in a wedding dress an a groom in military dress and we are all dressed up and she acted like she didn't care. Only after about an hour did she start to get her act together. Food was pretty good but not good enough to compensate for the attitude we got at the door and the inept service . On a good note, we left some paperwork at the table and when we went to retrieve it, the waitress had found it and was keeping it safe for us.the cook also made them a cake and they made a big deal at that point. The first impression. Of this place was just so disappointing. Would not be my first choice if I return to Columbus.

1  Thank MzLadybug