“Korean Surprise!”
Review of Korea House

Korea House
Ranked #86 of 568 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We popped in for a quick lunch and got our socks knocked off. Quite unassuming on the outside (and inside) but if you want delicious food, quick delightful service, without having to empty your wallet, this is the place. We were looking for something a little different from the standard fare and we weren't disappointed. The food is really, really good.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We spent two months in Korea and fell in love with the culture and the food. We were near Columbus, GA at lunchtime and found this restaurant using trip advisor. It was a bit out of the way, but was well worth the time. The food was fantastic. The flavors were authentic. We were a bit disappointed by the lack of spice and the chef shared that he cooked to the local tastes, but also spiced it up by request. He cooks everything to order. The kimchi is cooked in house and we couldn't get enough. It was clear that they had a loyal, local clientele and even though it was our first time, we were treated with the same attention. We will plan future travels so that we can eat here again and we'll get some kimchi to go!

1  Thank dragonflytw65
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Here on another soccer weekend. I cant do Panera again! Find this place on trip advisor. Outside it looks like a dumpy house. Inside it looks like a dumpy house. Got the kim bap and bibim bap to go. While the bibim bap seemed a little short on meat, all of the flavors were there. crunchy, heat, sweet, cooling, everything. What a great taste! I rarely find a Korean place that does kim bap - it was fantastic. Was not expensive and service was outstanding. looking for some of my soul food in south GA? Korea House Seoul Food Rocks!!

1  Thank BigHungryAsian
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My family lives in a small town just next to what is lovingly known as "Korea Town," just outside of Atlanta. My husband is a Korean interpreter, as is his sister. We know Korean food and culture about as well as an American can. Still, with all of the restaurants around us we found our favorite Korean place in Columbus, GA of all places! The owner is just as kind as he can be and likes to personally make sure that all of his customers are happy. Our food was awesome. We noticed, and the owner confirmed, he liked to keep things as authentic as possible while curbing it only slightly enough that nothing would be found unpalatable by an American. In other words, when I got my dolsot bibimbap I was surprised that the egg was not sitting on top raw. He explained that a lot of his customers were really put off because they didn't understand that when you mix everything in the stone bowl up that they didn't get that the bowl would cook the egg. So, little things like slightly altering some of the banchan to be more appealing to Americans - less jelly-like stuff, almost teriyaki like tofu, etc. We were really impressed and we couldn't get enough of ... whatever was available at that moment... into my two-year-old son's mouth fast enough. It was all REALLY great. If we could steal them and plop them down in Duluth or Snellville, we would be in heaven. I hope Columbus appreciates what they have!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Love the food - from the fried rice and soups to the Bulgoki and Jap Chae. The place is quaint and basic, but staff is very nice.

1  Thank Civ31904