“Good food...pricey for a midpoint restaurant.”
Review of Johnny Carino's Italian - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Johnny Carino's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Description: From our signature Handmade Lasagna to our famous Spicy Shrimp and Chicken, Carino's offers Italian
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Hubby, son, and I ate here after the most recent marathon. An excellent place to re-carb :)

Johnny Carino's pizza is always reliably good, but this time, I was adventurous and got the cheese tortelloni, after they said they could indeed make it with tomato, not meat, sauce. I appreciated our waitresses' knowledge of the menu...she also made an excellent recommendation for Hubby, who was stuck between two menu items.

Small desserts are not completely miniature, just normal smaller sized. I would recommend these if you don't want a huge dessert, but also like a dessert sized larger than a shot glass.

The slight surprise was the bill...$80 for three average meals, glass of wine, one dessert. Next time, I'll watch the menu price a bit more and not be fooled by the casual ambiance.

I would eat here again. Food is good, service is good. Just watch it if you're trying to budget :)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything is good about this place; service, food and atmosphere. They have plenty of food with reasonable price.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Johnny Carino's Italian, has the best customer service of any restaurant I have ever been in...they are so helpful every time. In the past we had to wait once for 45 minutes for the lasagna to be ready,and once they didn't have it available..., but they have made us feel special and respected in so many ways... My boyfriend and I went there to celebrate my brain surgery anniversary..no more brain tumor and no more seizures, I told both the waitress and the man who came from the kitchen (Quinton Bryant), that, I was excited to come and celebrate it...every year my anniversary rolls around...I think...I could be dead...they didn't think I would get through high school...now i am alive and in a master's degree program...so this is a pretty important occasion for me, every year...almost more then my actual birthday...well, my boyfriend let me decide where to go to celebrate, and I chose Johnny Carino's...absolutely everything they said and did was polite, and helpful, and patient, and absolutely respectful(especially Quinton Bryant)...and even though my brain surgery anniversary is not my actual birthday, they went out of there way to make me feel like it was an important date, and cause to honor and celebrate. I am so glad I chose to go there...I don't write reviews, usually...especially not positive ones...but I mean it! I am floored at their hospitality and generosity, as well ( we have had 3 opportunities to interact with Mr. Quinton Bryant..and he is absolutely top notch. We did not walk away with a free meal, so they were not taking advantage of the system..and we did not expect anything free. I worked in a restaurant for years...and at the restaurant I worked in,I caught someone emptying the cash register, and she ended up in Jail..and I have also seen a waitress who was laid off for giving too many comps to people...the Staff here don't do that...they are pleasant and helpful, but they are accommodating. They gave us coupon's to come back for Buy one get one free lasagna's, and they comped us salad, and bread, and Chocolate cake with Ice cream...and were quick about refilling the wonderful Italian soda. I felt important, and happy. Also, the food came out very fast....I had waited too long to eat, so I came in prepared to eat, and when the food came out as quickly as it did...it was a good thing Everyone I came in contact with was polite and helpful. This is the third time we have had the wonderful opportunity to talk to Quinton Bryant, though . He is representing y'all well! He made my brain surgery anniversary feel important and special...and for that reason, I will continue to be a repeat customer.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We ate here on Sunday, April 1st at 4 EST. We entered the restaurant and no one was at the hostess stand. 5 min later a girl finally came to seat us. This restaurant was not busy. There were plenty of seating on the main dining hall. Yet, the hostess sat my family, in which includes 2 children, at the bar. The waiter was rude and had attitude. He brought our drink order quickly. At this time, we were the only ones in the bar area. Yet, it took him 10 minutes to come back and take our order. He didn't apologize for the delay. We ordered the nachos, Eggplant, fettuccine Alfredo and kids pizza dippers. In the meantime, a couple sat down at the bar area. They got their food after 15 minutes of sitting down. Yet, we sat there an hour before getting our order. No one apologized for the wait. My mother asked for another salad as it was unlimited. The waiter never brought it out. The manager was in the bar the whole time. She never approached us. In fact, she told another customer, ". I don't take my job seriously. I do my job and go home.". I can see exactly why this was such a bad meal. We left and the girl at the hostess stand looked at us, said nothing and walked away. I have never had such a dinner experience. An hour later, I was throwing up sick. Hours later my mother and daughter were throwing up and had diahrea for 24 hours. Food poisoning. Do not eat here.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Because we were seeking out an Italian restaurant that has good service and good food , we happened to find Johnny Carino's after a shopping trip to the Peach Tree Mall in Columbus Georgia. Glad we took a chance on this restaurant because we enjoy their food. Johnny Carino's is located at 3033 Manchester Expressway in Columbus GA. Their was no wait time, all all 6 of our visits. We have always been seated right away. They served fresh baked mini french loaves that you dip into an olive oil with spices and pieces of fresh garlic. Their potato soup is delicious with a nice creamy sauce, pieces of potato, and sprinkled with bacon pieces and fresh cropped green onions. Their Italian food is good, we have had the various pasta dishes and the lasagna. All of the dishes that we have tried are nicely spices, have flavor, and a good amount of cheese. We highly recommend this restaurant.