“Party”

El Vaquero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #192 of 562 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a last minute rehearsal dinner here for 60 "out of towners" on July 5, 2013 (due to cancelled outdoor barbecue because of rain). Only planned it on July 4th. Miguel the manager was wonderful! The wait staff was awesome! Everyone loved the food and had a wonderful time! Margaritas were yummy! I highly recommend this restaurant!

There are newer reviews for El Vaquero Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed June 28, 2013

everyone raved about it here, all of the locals i should say. being raised in Texas, i know great mexican food. this is horrible. perhaps the locals just dont know any better. honestly, taco bell is a better choice.
upscale is NOT a word i would use to drscribe EL STINKOS. sorry folks, it just isnt very good. extremely bland food. who wants bland mexican food?

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Neither good nor bad. As a middle aged woman traveling alone I was overlooked by the male servers. I had a shrimp dish that was good and the seafood was very fresh. I am from the South and I know when seafood is fresh or not.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

*First let me say that GPS will not take you directly to the location. It will take you to Publix. The restaurant is directly behind Publix in a small shopping center.* My husband and I moved to Columbus about a month ago. We have been looking for a great Mexican restaurant to become our "regular" place, and I think we found it! Out of all the ones we have tried, I can say this is the best! The salsa was great. Not too spicy and definitely not bland or "out of the jar" type. My fajita quesadilla with rice, beans, and pico de gallo was great. My husband kept sneaking bites off my plate. My husband got enchiladas. I don't even like enchiladas but his looked so tasty that I just had to try them! They were really good! We had margaritas too. They were great and definitely not skimpy on the tequila. The only thing that could possibly use some improvement is the atmosphere; other than that, muy bueno!

1  Thank Kimberly R
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was quite good for those of us not looking for very hot and spicy mexican food. The service was very good. The food came quickly after we ordered and the server was very attentive. The place can be a little noisy so don't go there to have a quiet conversation. If you are just looking for good, quick Mexican food, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Ron K