“Absolute Best Thai in Town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chili Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Absolute Best Thai in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I'm no sure what's up with some of these reviews-maybe it's the competition trying to sabotage the obvious best Thai in town. I have eaten at Chili Thai an estimated 30 times in the past two years and have never had an experience short of amazing. I tried all of the other spots in Columbus and they were ok, but not even close. Drunken noodles, Pad Thai, and all the curries are spectacular. Coconut soup as well! I have friends in Atlanta who come to Columbus just for Chili Thai because they say nothing tops it, even I'm ATL. Easily my favorite restaurant in the city. Service has always been pleasant. Give it a try!

Smiths Station
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great find! This restaurant makes it a joy to go out to eat. The service was great. The food was outstanding! The Thai coffee was just right, not too sweet and did not taste artificially flavored. I was there with my husband, daughter and another couple. Each of us got great food. I had the Pad Thai, served piping hot, fresh from the stove. Yum! My husband had a great beef dish. Outstanding! My daughter had Yellow Curry....she nearly licked the bowl clean...it was that good! The couple that was with us shared the Lamb dish which not only looked, smelled and tasted great, but was perfect. Next time I go, Lamb it is! The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food! Enjoy!

• Visited July 2012
Fortson, GA
“Tasty food, but beware of spicy rating level!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This little restaurant is tucked away in a spot that's easy to miss from the road, but it's well worth taking the time to find. My wife & I had lunch there on 6/8. The menu was extensive, our food was quite good, & the Singha beer was cold. The young staff were warm, friendly & helpful with explanations about the exotic food selections. One mistake we made was ordering the food as "medium spicy," thinking along the lines of Mexican food that we enjoy. I found one of the dishes almost inedible at "medium" & would caution anyone not experienced to start with "mild." At the same time, the other dishes were OK with "medium." Good luck!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Columbus, Georgia
“Authentic Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great variety of Thai dishes with fresh ingredients. Chef allows diners to decide how spicy they want their dish. Great selection of various Asian beers to match any dish.

• Visited May 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worst Thai Food I've Ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

We love Thai food and have eaten at countless Thai restaurants throughout the country. Maybe we've been spoiled by access to good ethnic foods in metropolitan areas but this is, by far, the worst Thai food I have ever had. We actually got three entrees to share and they were all horrible. The Pad Thai should be one of the easiest things to make and is generally the most popular dish in most Thai restaurants. This tasted nothing like Pad Thai -- it seemed to have all of the basic ingredients but the flavoring was completely off. It was drowning in sauce yet bland at the same time. I think they tried to use chilis to mask the lack of flavor but it really didn't work. The Pad Talay (seafood dish) was also horrible and, again, more sauce than actual entree. The seafood was extremely rubbery and I'm hoping its just because it was severely overcooked and not because if was extremely old. I actually pushed the mussels and the scallops to the side because they were so inedible. The chili cashew chicken didn't really have any cashews and the cashews that were there were soggy so obviously it had been sitting in the sauce for quite some time before they dished it out. We didn't finish anything and ended up throwing it away instead of saving it. For $17 for the seafood dish (one of their "house specials", I really didn't expect to have any left over, let alone throw it away. We will not be ordering from there again. In my opinion, the only reason this restaurant gets any business is because there are only a few Thai restaurants in the entire Columbus area and because those who dine there frequently haven't had the opportunity to experience good Thai food.

Visited March 2012