“Burt has the BEST steaks in town”

Burt's Butcher Shoppe & Eatery
Ranked #175 of 568 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed March 20, 2012

For the best in fresh meats and the most delicious steaks, go to see Burt.

1  Thank Imatoepp

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Thank you to Burt's for a ruined evening. Arrived at 5:55 PM, all the open tables were dirty. We were told to sit anywhere. No one ever wiped our table. Waitress came and took our order, brought drinks and a plain salad with greenish-white tomatoes and a disgusting dressing that my wife ate only a couple of. This was the last visit we had from our waitress. We kept seeing patrons who arrived after us get served, finish their meal and leave. Waitress refused to acknowledge us or make eye contact. At 6:55 we finally went to the counter to ask what was up, woman there said she would check. Twenty more minutes, no visit from waitstaff or anyone, no explanation, no anything.

Finally, we got up and waited to in line to pay for our drinks and salad. When we finally got to the front, she asked if we got our food. We said no, and we were told "you don't owe me anything." No apology, no explanation, nothing. So, for our ninety minutes of sitting at a dirty table looking at disgustingly dirt walls and facilities, we got a free lemonade and iced tea.

Sorry I didn't have a camera to take a picture of this dive. I won't be going back anytime, ever, so I won't be able to supply you with any photos. There is an Applebee's a block away, lots of places at the mall, a Longhorn Steakhouse on Macon Road. You can get a steak delivered from the Great Steak Out. Recommend you stay far away from Burt's Butcher Shop and Eatery.

4  Thank GeorgiaKelly
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Burt's Butcher Shoppe & Eatery is Columbus, Georgia's not-so-well-kept-secret. Come for the full-service butcher shop, where one can order a custom-cut 18 oz. ribeye steak along with a couple of pounds of fresh-ground beef or virtually any cut of beef or pork. They feature seasonal specials, will pre-season - or even cook - the meats, and offer a free baking potato as their way of saying "thanks". But you will want to stay for the full-service restaurant attached to the shop. They cook up the full spectrum of steakhouse fare to order and the taste is off the charts! Their daily specials - offered Tuesday through Saturday - allow patrons to enjoy some of the higher-priced items at a bargain; with no corner-cutting. Be warned: this is not your country club. The atmosphere is non-pretentious and down-to-earth, but the food will make you feel as though you should be spending your kids' college funds.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

First, let me say that we are NOt food snobs or picky eaters. We usually like holes in the walls eateries! We went to Burts on a recommendation and because of the other reviews on the web. It rated right up there with my college cafeteria food decades ago, which is not saying much at all. Plus Burts was MUCH dirtier than my college cafeteria was. I am really glad I didn't have a small child with me that would have called for changing them in the bathroom! I would rather have gone out in the woods.... The waitresses were all grumpy and inattentive and seemed to avoid eye contact until it came to tip time. I really glad I wasn't trying to impress visitors at Burts. We won't be back. No love lost here!

2  Thank 123dogs
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My wife and I eat here on a regular basis. The steaks are wonderful but the pork chops are my favorite. So favorable and grilled just right. The waitresses can sometimes get overwhelmed by the crowd but they are so nice and caring that they are easily forgiven. This is one of the first restaurants I recommend to others.

2  Thank dusty_rhodes79