“One of the best museums you could ever go to”

National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center
Ranked #1 of 50 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Infantry Museum emphasizes the values that define the Infantryman, as well as the nation he protects: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. It preserves and displays one of the greatest collections of military artifacts in the world, but it is a museum of people, not things. As a visitor, you will meet the Infantryman face to face and join him on his journey. You will come to understand why an Infantryman does what he does, why he puts himself in harm’s way in defense of an idea and you will leave transformed, just as the Infantry transforms the man into the Soldier. The 190,000-square-foot museum opened in June 2009 on a 200-acre tract of hardwoods and pines just outside the gates of the Fort Benning Maneuver Center of Excellence.
Useful Information: Activities for older children

Title says it all.

This is one of the best done museums that I have ever been to.

Sometime you can end up there on the same day as a Basic Training graduation day and that makes it even more special.

1  Thank jjcoop

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place was amazing!! It is a definitely must see. The restaurant in the museum had fabulous food. The displays in the museum were great. It's really well laid out. It is so interesting to read and see all the displays. There were a few time periods still under construction I wish we had gotten to see--to complete the experience. If you are in the area, you DEFINITELY need to check this place out!!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Impressive museum, I could have spent all day there, and more. Free, but donations are accepted. The first floor will have you in awe, the bottom floor will keep your attention. I did not make it through the whole second floor, or other areas, would love to go back.

1  Thank Judy B
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Let me just that this is a place that u have too see. From the time u go into the main lobby it will

take your breathe away. For myself my friend set our visit up. His name is Mike Geary and served

with P. Co. 75th. Rangers 5th.ID. Vietnam. When we entered the lobby we were meet by Diane

who took us upstairs too have lunch. The people who served us were the best. Then she took

downstairs and meet Mr. Owens i think that was his name. He was very informative. Also u

must visit the Combat Simulators thats what our active duty troops use too train. And if u have

your children or grandchildren with you and take them their u will be the very best parents or

grandparents in the world, For myself and my friends all Viet Nam Vets it was the best trip.

Their is so much too see u can not miss it. Even if u did not serve u will love it. The staff are

just great. So please put this on your list for a vacation.

1  Thank Terri S
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went here with my brother on Family Day. We really enjoyed it. We didn't make it through the whole museum. I would love to go back someday.

1  Thank iluvjly