“Great place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on business. The hotel is 10-15 mins drive to downtown Columbus but the shopping centre is over the road and Wall mart, TK Max a little further up. The taxi driver told me it was too far to walk from the hotel to Wall mart - but I walked back (approx 20 min walk) and the area seems safe to walk around (I'm female). Numerous Bars/restaurants within walking distance. The hotel offers a great self service breakfast with plenty of choice (hot and cold). Tea/Coffee is available 24/7in the breakfast area. Mon - Thurs 5.30- 7.30pm snacks and wine/lager are available free of charge. Although I didn't take advantage of this, the food looked more along the lines of a meal rather than a snack. The bedrooms are large, clean, very comfortable and I experienced no noise during the night. The kitchens have dishwasher, microwave and large fridge (which was great for keeping drinks cool.) Finally, the staff are exceptional. Polite, VERY helpful and willing to assist with queries whenever approached. I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again when I next visit Columbus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phaze1
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how we're doing! It means the world to us to know what our guests are saying about us. We agree with you as well that the walk to the local stores and restaurants is a short trip and the area is extremely safe. As a female traveler for you to feel that as well is so important. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope that when you travel to our area again that you will allow our hotel to be of service to you for all future stays. We look for to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We travel to Columbus 2-3 times a year. We always want to stay at Homewood Suites. Very large rooms, great breakfast and totally responsive staff. The rooms have always been sparkling clean. Simply a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you SO very much for taking the time to let us know how were doing! We love all our guests.....but, REPEAT guests are the BEST!!! That means we're truly earning your loyalty with each stay! Please know we appricate you and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks while working at FT Benning. Hotel was conveniently located for restaurants, shopping, FT Benning and airport. Great staff that really strived to make guests feel welcome. The manager made sure that I was happy with room and cleaning. Breakfast and dinner were very good. It was peaceful and relaxing and easy to get work completed. Would definitely stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the back of the hotel away from the road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you had a great stay at our hotel! We strive to always exceed expectations...and it's so nice to hear that we did! Please don't hesistate to call on us again when you travel back to Columbus. Again, thank you for your comments!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for family weekend at Fort Benning. Overall it was an excellent hotel and would stay again. Here’s the good and the bad:

* The staff was wonderful! Everyone we encountered from the front desk, to housekeeping to the food watch staff were friendly, personable and very polite.
* The breakfast area was large, stylish and very comfortable with large flat screen TVs to watch the news in the am and plenty of tables to sit at. The food was very good. They offered eggs, meat, potato, grits, bagels, Danishes, cereal, fruit, breakfast bars and pop tarts, juice, coffee, tea etc. Top notch free hot breakfast.
* The pool was a bit small but impeccably clean. It was in the courtyard area which was beautiful with many seating areas, grills and a nice rock waterfall fountain pond. The entire interior from the hallways, to the front desk to outside was updated, clean and stylish.
* Our room was a 1 bedroom suite with a full living room and kitchen. The kitchen had granite and stainless steel with everything you would have in your own kitchen to cook. I will say the suite was on the smaller side. I’ve stayed at 3 other Homewood suites and this by far had the least square footage in the living and kitchen areas. However the bedroom was very large. The beds were extremely comfy and so was the pull out couch.

The bad:
*The room could have been a bit cleaner. When I walk into a hotel room there should be no evidence of previous guests. The floor in the kitchen looked as if it hadn’t been swept. Whoever was there before us had cooked onions from the peels on the floor :). The light switches were a bit nasty. And the dust along the ceiling was bad. Also, housekeeping skipped our room the first day we were there so I had to call for extra towels and such. But when the lady came up to see what we needed, she was awesome. Very. Very friendly. Changed our trash without me asking, and fixed the beds. She needs a raise for her wonderful attitude!!!

If you’re looking for a place to stay that has friendly staff, beautiful property, free, full hot breakfast, space for privacy with a suite for a family, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for allowing our hotel to be your choice of hotels when you visited Ft. Benning. We appreciate your positive comments and also the ones that will give us an opportunity to make certain we're doing all we need to do to make sure EVERY guest has an amazing stay with our property. We hope that you will choose the Homewood Suites again should you travel back to Columbus again!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel (after moving out of a rental home) due to my son's baseball playoff games. we were there for a couple of weeks and I couldn't have been happier with the service and the amenities. I had called to see if I could check in earlier and the receptionist was so nice and actually remembered my name when I arrived....and every other time I saw her. I ended up having to extend our stay due the games and moved to another room, but they made sure it was one of the first ones cleaned that day.

The bathrooms were clean although on the small size. The breakfasts and dinners/happy hour were amazing and varied everyday. The kitchenette was a nice convenience when i had to cook for my kids if they didnt like what was served.

I had to do laundry twice and even that experience was pleasant. My son didnt care for the pool, but i thought it was nice even though it was located towards the front of the property. The time out there wasnt very relaxing due to the traffic coming and going from the shops and restaurants nearby.

My only complaints would be that the dishwasher detergent and coffee were not replenished after the room was cleaned. Also, the walls are SUPER-thin so se had to deal with the guy next door and his conversations at all hours of the night. Very annoying! The staff was really nice although there was one guy that kind of freaked me out because he would appear anywhere we were at the oddest times. I got over that little fear, but it still scared me. Being alone with 2 kids will make you a bit paranoid.

Overall it was a great experience. My children did not want to leave. Unfortunately, it was fully booked for our return back to GA in July, but we're staying somewhere else that has received 5 star reviews from every customer so we're excited about that. Do not hesitate to book here though. It is wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa D
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

Thank you for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay in Columbus. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Travel to Columbus to attend a funeral at the last minute. Staff was very courteous and attentive. Allowed for late check in and had everything ready. Very efficient check out and the staff was knowledgeable of the area. The rooms were great and much better than I anticipated. My Family and I definitely will be staying here during our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VTravel_23

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel March 14 - 16, 2012 to attend events at Fort Benning. The hotel is in a great location near lots of shopping and restaurants. Evening meals were good, breakfast was good. The evening meals included a meat entree, two sides, a green salad, tea, lemonade coffee, alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Breakfast included multiple items such as a hot casserole, sausage, bacon, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, sausage & egg biscuit, granola bars, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, and juices. I must say although the decor is great, beds comfortable, and staff very friendly and helpful; the living room sofa was stained (I wish people would not destroy the property of others like this), and the bathroom corners were dirty with dust and hairs. The tub and toilet were clean. I bring cleaning supplies with me and I had to clean a little grunge from around the faucet in the bathroom area. I do like the fact that the sink is outside the bathroom so someone can brush their teeth, wash their face, etc. while another is taking a shower or taking care of other business. I will stay at this hotel again. It great to have the kitchen area with full size appliances.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family