“Haven't been let down!”

Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Haven't been let down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is our 4th time staying at Homewood Suites Columbus. We have not been disappointed one bit. Clean rooms, great prices, and good food. It's a bit further our than other hotels but worth the extra drive!

• Stayed August 2011
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, March 17, 2016
Thank you for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay in Columbus. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gloucester, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

This Homewood needs alot of work. I've stayed at alot of Homewoods, and have been a Diamond member with Hilton for the past 8 years, and this particular Homewood Suites has made me consider going back to Marriott. Now don't get me wrong, I've stayed in worse (generally hotels that not only charge by the day, but by the hour as well), but not a Hilton Brand.

To start, what turned me off the most. I enjoy staying at the Homewood on long trips for the convenience of breakfast and dinner that is provided. The breakfast never chanced in 21 days. It was the same thing every day, which was horrible. Fake scrambled eggs with green peppers added, sausage patties, and tator tots. No waffle maker, no fruit, no cheese. Dinner was just as bad if not worse. On average, they would put out enough food for 1 -2 small groups of people at a time, everyone else would have to ask if there was anymore food coming out, and the staff would reluctently make more. No salad, again no fruit, and the dinners were horrible. Really, how hard is to microwave some bags of premade food and put them in a serving tray!!!

Second, my bathroom was overrun with ants, and there were giant roaches/waterbugs running freely through the room.

If I ever have the displeasure of having to go back to Columbus, GA, this hotel will definitely not be on my list of places to stay at.

Room Tip: Be ready for the bugs!!! Even on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rockfishin
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, June 17, 2016
We apologize for your experience at our hotel. Things have improved to a level of excellence. Please consider coming to stay with us again in the near future.

Respectfully,

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

My colleague and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times for business over the past two years. I'd say that the last time we stayed there together was in late summer 2010, however during the summer/fall of 2009 my colleague was practically living here. The front desk staff was very friendly and remembered us each time we came back for another stay. That was a really nice feeling to feel appreciated at the hotel.

The driver from the airport was very enthusiastic and talked highly of his experience working at the hotel.

The front desk people often do double-duty with making meals that the hotel offers. They provide complimentary breakfast and dinner here. Each time we checked in or would be in the lobby area, they'd remind us about the meals and they took honest pride in what they were cooking for guests.

The rooms are huge and I love the separate sleeping area. I have had great experiences at this hotel and highly recommend it for travelers. Book in advance, because it often sells out and people are frustrated that they cannot get rooms here.

Room Tip: Book ahead - they often sell out!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, January 8, 2016
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel with us. We think we have a great hotel and staff - but, it means so much hearing it from you - OUR guest!

Please allow us to be of service again in the near future.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales & Marketing
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Had to be in Columbus for a funeral with my family. We had to have a room with two queen beds. Of the local Hilton hotels this was the only one.

We checked in late Sunday night. Check in was great, the desk clerk was very nice and all seemed good so far, in spite of the poor reviews.

Got to the room. Mold on the bathroom ceiling. Disgusting mold (I hope that is what it was) around the toliet.

The Monday night we returned late. Room was not cleaned. Called for towels. Asked the manager to call me. He never did.Okay lets give them a break, after all we did not leave the room until 10 AM, maybe their room service folks were really on the ball and got the other rooms cleaned really early. NOT!

I did go do to speak to the manager, (Kevin) explained the situation, he said well this mistake is costing me the nights room fee. He really needs to take customer service school again.

Went down Tuesday morning for breakfast. The menu printed on a chalk board was not what was presented. The lady said, oh that was yesterday. They had a disgusting egg dish with mushrooms and onions.

Again we returned to the hotel late at night. You guesed it, no clean towels. Hey at least they threw the sheets back on the bed. Trash was not emptied. No replacement soap...
Called down and with two requests. 1) an additional day for check out 2) more towles.

Wednesday morning, up and out the door to a family funeral.
While at the funeral I received an urgent text from my office that the hotel was looking for me, wondering why our belongings wre not out of the room, did I not know that checkout was at noon?

I went back to the hotel, met with Kevin again. This time he wanted to agrue with me about all of the issues. He did not offer to own up to the satisfaction policy that Hilton has. I will be back on the phone with him tomorrow to get the rest of my money back, or I will deny the charges with my CC company. It is time these companys live up to their pledge.

I would suggest to all of you to consider the feedback on this hotel, not just from me, but the others listed here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 16weekayeartraveler
amandaryals, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
I’m very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us to provide better service for our guests. This is not typical of our hotel and I would like to speak with you further to make things right. I will be contacting you to discuss. Please accept my apologies, Kevin Paden, General Manager
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

The hotel was very clean and the pool area is a great place to hang out. However, the entire trip was tainted by the 45 minutes it took to check in. There were two employees, but one just sat around while the other messed up every single person's rooms. Once I finally got to the front of the line, the person at the desk started taking phone calls before assisting the 5 people in line. When I asked to speak to the manager I was informed the women ignoring the customers WAS the manager. Would not go back because of the poor service, but the rest of the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
amandaryals, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Mount Washington, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

From the moment we walked in the front door, after a long day of weather delays en-route to Columbus, until the morning we left, the service offered by the friendly staff was more than I expected. We were tired and hungry when we arrived and they sat us down and made sure we got a good hot meal complete with a glass of wine.
Each morning we were greeted with smiles and a nice breakfast, and any directions we needed were pleasantly given.
The location was a good one. Close to activities, yet we never heard any traffic or noise at night. The bed was comfortable and the rest of the room pleasantly laid out.
When we checked out, we saw the same nice woman who had checked us in and it felt like we were saying good-bye to an old friend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Ozark, Al
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have stayed here for the past 2 months and it all started good until I had the experience of them booking large loud crowds over the weekends. They seemed to care less about any of the other guest. I complained about the noise in the hall at 1:00 AM due to children running and screaming up and down the halls, and never did anyone come to stop the noise. I finaly left for a 2 day visit back home and when I returned to check in I was placed in a room type different (Cheaper room but charged same price) from what we had originaly agreed to. What I found was mold and soap film in the shower, trash in the trash cans, a TV that is apparently messed up that keeps the room lit up all night and when I mentioned to one of the members of the staff this morning all I recieved was a chuckle. I had hoped that someone might have taken care of these issues, but after work I came to my room nothing had been fixed and to top it off the maid never serviced my room. I have 8 more weeks to spend here in Columbus working and would hate to think how things could get worse. I will be changing hotels tommrow as well as changing the arrangements for the 8 to 14 other worked that are due to be comming in the next 8 weeks. The few that have already came have also complained about the cleanliness of the rooms. All the free food and drinks cannot make up for the manner in which my arrangements have been handled. Do not get fooled by the Hilton name closer to the Motel 6. I travel 95% of the year and this is right near the bottom of the list of places I would ever stay agian.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business