“They remember you here (in a good way)”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“They remember you here (in a good way)”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My colleague and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times for business over the past two years. I'd say that the last time we stayed there together was in late summer 2010, however during the summer/fall of 2009 my colleague was practically living here. The front desk staff was very friendly and remembered us each time we came back for another stay. That was a really nice feeling to feel appreciated at the hotel.

The driver from the airport was very enthusiastic and talked highly of his experience working at the hotel.

The front desk people often do double-duty with making meals that the hotel offers. They provide complimentary breakfast and dinner here. Each time we checked in or would be in the lobby area, they'd remind us about the meals and they took honest pride in what they were cooking for guests.

The rooms are huge and I love the separate sleeping area. I have had great experiences at this hotel and highly recommend it for travelers. Book in advance, because it often sells out and people are frustrated that they cannot get rooms here.

Room Tip: Book ahead - they often sell out!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, January 8, 2016
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel with us. We think we have a great hotel and staff - but, it means so much hearing it from you - OUR guest!

Please allow us to be of service again in the near future.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Had to be in Columbus for a funeral with my family. We had to have a room with two queen beds. Of the local Hilton hotels this was the only one.

We checked in late Sunday night. Check in was great, the desk clerk was very nice and all seemed good so far, in spite of the poor reviews.

Got to the room. Mold on the bathroom ceiling. Disgusting mold (I hope that is what it was) around the toliet.

The Monday night we returned late. Room was not cleaned. Called for towels. Asked the manager to call me. He never did.Okay lets give them a break, after all we did not leave the room until 10 AM, maybe their room service folks were really on the ball and got the other rooms cleaned really early. NOT!

I did go do to speak to the manager, (Kevin) explained the situation, he said well this mistake is costing me the nights room fee. He really needs to take customer service school again.

Went down Tuesday morning for breakfast. The menu printed on a chalk board was not what was presented. The lady said, oh that was yesterday. They had a disgusting egg dish with mushrooms and onions.

Again we returned to the hotel late at night. You guesed it, no clean towels. Hey at least they threw the sheets back on the bed. Trash was not emptied. No replacement soap...
Called down and with two requests. 1) an additional day for check out 2) more towles.

Wednesday morning, up and out the door to a family funeral.
While at the funeral I received an urgent text from my office that the hotel was looking for me, wondering why our belongings wre not out of the room, did I not know that checkout was at noon?

I went back to the hotel, met with Kevin again. This time he wanted to agrue with me about all of the issues. He did not offer to own up to the satisfaction policy that Hilton has. I will be back on the phone with him tomorrow to get the rest of my money back, or I will deny the charges with my CC company. It is time these companys live up to their pledge.

I would suggest to all of you to consider the feedback on this hotel, not just from me, but the others listed here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 16weekayeartraveler
amandaryals, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
I’m very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us to provide better service for our guests. This is not typical of our hotel and I would like to speak with you further to make things right. I will be contacting you to discuss. Please accept my apologies, Kevin Paden, General Manager
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The hotel was very clean and the pool area is a great place to hang out. However, the entire trip was tainted by the 45 minutes it took to check in. There were two employees, but one just sat around while the other messed up every single person's rooms. Once I finally got to the front of the line, the person at the desk started taking phone calls before assisting the 5 people in line. When I asked to speak to the manager I was informed the women ignoring the customers WAS the manager. Would not go back because of the poor service, but the rest of the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
amandaryals, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Mount Washington, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 15, 2010

From the moment we walked in the front door, after a long day of weather delays en-route to Columbus, until the morning we left, the service offered by the friendly staff was more than I expected. We were tired and hungry when we arrived and they sat us down and made sure we got a good hot meal complete with a glass of wine.
Each morning we were greeted with smiles and a nice breakfast, and any directions we needed were pleasantly given.
The location was a good one. Close to activities, yet we never heard any traffic or noise at night. The bed was comfortable and the rest of the room pleasantly laid out.
When we checked out, we saw the same nice woman who had checked us in and it felt like we were saying good-bye to an old friend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, March 17, 2016
Thank you for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay in Columbus. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Ozark, Al
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have stayed here for the past 2 months and it all started good until I had the experience of them booking large loud crowds over the weekends. They seemed to care less about any of the other guest. I complained about the noise in the hall at 1:00 AM due to children running and screaming up and down the halls, and never did anyone come to stop the noise. I finaly left for a 2 day visit back home and when I returned to check in I was placed in a room type different (Cheaper room but charged same price) from what we had originaly agreed to. What I found was mold and soap film in the shower, trash in the trash cans, a TV that is apparently messed up that keeps the room lit up all night and when I mentioned to one of the members of the staff this morning all I recieved was a chuckle. I had hoped that someone might have taken care of these issues, but after work I came to my room nothing had been fixed and to top it off the maid never serviced my room. I have 8 more weeks to spend here in Columbus working and would hate to think how things could get worse. I will be changing hotels tommrow as well as changing the arrangements for the 8 to 14 other worked that are due to be comming in the next 8 weeks. The few that have already came have also complained about the cleanliness of the rooms. All the free food and drinks cannot make up for the manner in which my arrangements have been handled. Do not get fooled by the Hilton name closer to the Motel 6. I travel 95% of the year and this is right near the bottom of the list of places I would ever stay agian.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank vbcv47

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here for 2 weeks, the rooms are spacious and clean...everything you would need for an extended stay away from home. The only problems while we were there is that some of the television channels were unwatchable due to too much static in the sound. (we told the management about this after first night, but nothing was ever resolved) Also, there was some sort of softball/baseball tournament going on and the children were staying at this hotel...they were usually out of control, loud and rude while the chaperons would ignore or actually be acting the same way as the children were and finally they wrecked the pool and it had to be closed down for cleaning during the remainder of our stay. Basically, if you are staying while they are not having a family reunion, tours staying, or if you dont enjoy watching too much TV then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Serenity_80x

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Familiarity breeds contempt. I have stayed at the Homewood Suites since April 2010 for business. The hotel is affordable and has excellent amenities but over time, the staff has become more incompetent and rude. I requested a room with a bathtub-not available for this stay. My room was partially cleaned. I was told that a housekeeper would return to complete it-never happened. I called for towels- I was told that I needed to come to the front desk because she was the only evening staff and had just finished distributing towels? I am more impressed with customer service that swimming pools and free breakfast/dinner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank hilll05
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
We understand that business travel important, so we try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We are very sorry that our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of service and amenities you deserve. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.