“So Pretty, You Won't Realize You're Exercising!”
Review of Columbus Riverwalk

Columbus Riverwalk
Ranked #2 of 50 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The missus and I joined up with the Riverwalk near Broadway, in "Uptown" Columbia. It runs along the Chatahoochee river, going all the way to Fort Benning, and I have to say that it was one of the prettiest, most well-maintained public walkways I've ever been on. It's free and open for walking or biking, it does have some restroom facilities at various points along the path, and there are frequent stairways going back up to civilization, so you can really get a feel for the diversity of the area while walking. My wife and I covered about 2.5 miles of it, getting past the Rotary Park area, before going back to where we'd started for some water and frozen yogurt, and, while my feet were about ready to explode off my body by the time we were done, I had a great time on the Riverwalk.

It's super fun to see countless turtles beaching themselves on the rock islands in the river, and there are many fisher-people and points of interests to keep you busy while you walk. The tarmac was in great shape, which makes for easy walking, and if you just want to get away for a while, I can think of no better place than the Riverwalk to catch your breath and enjoy nature--with civilization not far behind, of course...

2  Thank Regis W

Reviewed May 10, 2013

With the recent heavy rains in the area I wanted to see the river-and was impressed by the power and force of nature as the river was roaring!
The rapids are impressive to someone used to "flat land".
It's a beautiful area for a walk-nice sunset.
The locals were fishing on the banks and very friendly.
Shopping, bars, restaurants are 1 to 2 blocks inland.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We happened upon the Columbus Riverwalk. We were upset as we did not bring our fishing poles. It was a very serine place. People walking with their dogs and enjoying the scenery. I was told that later in the day they would open the damn. We would love to come back and fish as we saw some large fish in the water.

1  Thank thick_lee
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was expecting more from the River Walk. We went twice, once at night and once during the day. While it s a nice stroll, I was expecting to see shops. The shops that are about 1-2 blocks away from the river were generally closed. We were there on Saturday. There were also many stores that were out of business. If you just want a stroll, then it's worth if. If you are expecting stre, then don't bother.

1  Thank Isabella M
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We did not have a lot of time to spend around town so we decided to walk down to the riverwalk. It was amazing. Several people fishing from the side. Very friendly people in Columbus. Would recommend for all the family to see.

Been to Columbus Riverwalk? Share your experiences!