“Shuttle service slow”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Conveniently close to airport I woke up early and got to the lobby at 4:25 am for my 4:30 am shuttle that showed up at 4:50 am. It's under construction. Service was friendly. Hotel room smelled a little like perfume. Parking cheap $20 per week if you want to park here. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel so we could catch a flight early the next morning. We arrived very late - around 1am - and checked in quickly with no issues. We were given a room on the first floor right near the elevator. With only about 5 hrs. before we had to be up and ready to head to the airport I thought, "Oh great. What little sleep I will get tonight won't be very restful at all b/c of this location." However, I was pleasantly surprised! No noise at all outside the room and very little noise from the airport considering we were only a few miles away. This hotel was very clean and roomy with a nice couch, flat screen tv, and plenty of bathroom space. The reason we picked this hotel was b/c my brother and sis-in-law also stayed here recently and were able to park their car for $10 for the whole week. When we checked on this, we were told that the rate had changed to $20 for the week. We still thought this was a good deal considering their shuttle would pick us up and drop us off right at the front of the airport. The shuttle also ran every 10-15 minutes which was convenient. All in all, we had a short stay here but this hotel served its purpose as being clean, affordable, quiet, and reliable for transportation to and from the airport. Our car was fine when we returned and apparently they kept a gate to the parking lot closed at night to ensure extra safety.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

As a loyal Hilton guest, I thought I'd give Marriott a chance. However, I will not switch again. These are my reasons for not being satisfied with my stay at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Airport South:
1) No wi-fi in rooms; only in lobby area.
2) No free breakfast; only frou-frou microwave sandwiches.
3) Valet carts not conveniently accessible.
4) Room doors slam too loudly.
5) My stay was $80 dollars. Mastercard swiped for $220 and another $80. Should be illegal to tie up my money like that. It wasn't even debit. All it says is, "We don't trust you."
6) Not really convenient to many places to eat.

Room Tip: Book a Hilton property
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stay away from here! Airconditioning never work even told the frond dest help, left a book in the room and came back to try to pick it up three days after check out but they threw it!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I have thrown two Annual Singles 40 Plus Events at this hotel. 2008 & 2010. Along with one wedding event 2009.

I made all my arrangements with Tanya. She was very accommodating and made sure that everyone was on the same pages with all details. I was thrilled with the services my guests received and have not received one complaint from the events attendees. Because of the great experience I had with this hotel, I have become a devoted Marriott customer with all of my business travels.

The hotel was clean, rooms were reasonably priced and the staff did a phenomenal job in taking care of my guests needs. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

It was great welcoming you back again this year; we truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for your recognition of the exceptional customer service you and your team received during your program. Tanya was very appreciative when I shared your kind words. Associates who go above and beyond makes us proud and we make sure that we recognize them on your behalf!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2011

I am a frequent traveller. Due to the rates, I and have stayed here many times in the past. It is not a great airport hotel, as they have only single pane glass. If the planes are going this direction, don't plan on sleepiing. The service level is declining rapidly. Lack of coffee in the room, and a new "Starbucks" in the lobby with the $5 coffee instead. Front desk frequently not attended, now only 1 drinking glass per room. I will not stay here again. This is a corporately owed location. If this is how Marriott Corp. looks to run hotels, I am considering changing my loyalties.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

We sincerely regret the disturbance. Our airport location can mean extra airport activity, as much as we try to contain it. Please accept my apologies for the negative impression our service level has left on you. After receiving your review, we have made the necessary changes so that the front desk is attended at all times, as well as addressed the issues with the amenities you have mentioned.

Please contact myself or another member of our management team directly so that we can work with you to determine an appropriate resolution to this issue. You can reach me at (770) 9972220 extension 601 or at cy.atlca.gm@marriott.com

Reviewed January 29, 2011

Upon arriving, the front entrance was completed covered by green construction netting, and a small sign directing you to the side of the hotel. At night, this was difficult to find, and I thought the hotel was closed. The lobby is gutted, so you check in , in a small temporary room. The vending machines have been removed, and there is , of course, no room service. So be prepared to bring your own soft drinks.
The only way to go to my assigned room was to go outside through a courtyard. Which meant traveling back and forth through 40 degree rain and drizzle. They said you could go to your room through the pool area, but the doors are bolted. I was giving a business presentation, and arrived at my meeting in less than dry condition.
The beds are old, and hard. Super 8 motel quality. After staying at the Hyatt last week, with excellent pillowtop beds, this was ridiculous. Travelers need a comfortable bed, and should be a priority.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

I apologize for your inconvenience while we beautified our hotel for your future enjoyment, the lack of amenities during the construction and the difficulties you had getting around in the building. You will be pleased to know that the renovations are complete! As an ongoing product improvement, we are replacing mattresses that are no longer firm and soft.

I sincerely hope you will return to our hotel as now we proudly present the new Courtyard Refreshing Business Lobby. Please feel free to contact me personally should you return to the area so that we can make sure your trip is everything you expect from a Marriott. You may reach me at 770 997 2220, or at cy.atlca.gm@marriott.com.