“A wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Chicago, Illinois
“A wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I have thrown two Annual Singles 40 Plus Events at this hotel. 2008 & 2010. Along with one wedding event 2009.

I made all my arrangements with Tanya. She was very accommodating and made sure that everyone was on the same pages with all details. I was thrilled with the services my guests received and have not received one complaint from the events attendees. Because of the great experience I had with this hotel, I have become a devoted Marriott customer with all of my business travels.

The hotel was clean, rooms were reasonably priced and the staff did a phenomenal job in taking care of my guests needs. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
It was great welcoming you back again this year; we truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for your recognition of the exceptional customer service you and your team received during your program. Tanya was very appreciative when I shared your kind words. Associates who go above and beyond makes us proud and we make sure that we recognize them on your behalf!
Warm Regards,
Zsuzsa Nagy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I am a frequent traveller. Due to the rates, I and have stayed here many times in the past. It is not a great airport hotel, as they have only single pane glass. If the planes are going this direction, don't plan on sleepiing. The service level is declining rapidly. Lack of coffee in the room, and a new "Starbucks" in the lobby with the $5 coffee instead. Front desk frequently not attended, now only 1 drinking glass per room. I will not stay here again. This is a corporately owed location. If this is how Marriott Corp. looks to run hotels, I am considering changing my loyalties.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely regret the disturbance. Our airport location can mean extra airport activity, as much as we try to contain it. Please accept my apologies for the negative impression our service level has left on you. After receiving your review, we have made the necessary changes so that the front desk is attended at all times, as well as addressed the issues with the amenities you have mentioned.

Please contact myself or another member of our management team directly so that we can work with you to determine an appropriate resolution to this issue. You can reach me at (770) 9972220 extension 601 or at cy.atlca.gm@marriott.com

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

Upon arriving, the front entrance was completed covered by green construction netting, and a small sign directing you to the side of the hotel. At night, this was difficult to find, and I thought the hotel was closed. The lobby is gutted, so you check in , in a small temporary room. The vending machines have been removed, and there is , of course, no room service. So be prepared to bring your own soft drinks.
The only way to go to my assigned room was to go outside through a courtyard. Which meant traveling back and forth through 40 degree rain and drizzle. They said you could go to your room through the pool area, but the doors are bolted. I was giving a business presentation, and arrived at my meeting in less than dry condition.
The beds are old, and hard. Super 8 motel quality. After staying at the Hyatt last week, with excellent pillowtop beds, this was ridiculous. Travelers need a comfortable bed, and should be a priority.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for your inconvenience while we beautified our hotel for your future enjoyment, the lack of amenities during the construction and the difficulties you had getting around in the building. You will be pleased to know that the renovations are complete! As an ongoing product improvement, we are replacing mattresses that are no longer firm and soft.

I sincerely hope you will return to our hotel as now we proudly present the new Courtyard Refreshing Business Lobby. Please feel free to contact me personally should you return to the area so that we can make sure your trip is everything you expect from a Marriott. You may reach me at 770 997 2220, or at cy.atlca.gm@marriott.com.
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

When I reserved the room it did not say the hotel was under construction. The did not even discount the rooms to make up for the mess. For 99 USD per night you can stay someplace much nicer. I will never stay at a Courtyard again as they are not honest about whats going on with the hotel.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

The hotel was being renovated and was packed to capacity due to flights being cancelled. The staff were tired, but friendly and welcoming enough. They allowed us to socialize in the lobby (which was very small and crowded) but better than being in our rooms. It allowed us stranded passengers to mingle and meet great people- this made an otherwise frustrating layover fun!

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Don't walk but RUN away from this place. My car was broken into and I lost everything that was in the car. Room walls are paper thin and the TVs are very close to the wall so you can hear the shows that the room next door has on. For the money, spend it elsewhere as this area is a high crime area. If you stay there, take a cab after paying to part elsewhere. There was a chicken bone in the elevator when we first arrived and it was still there the next morning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GARetiredTraveler
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

Hotel staff was extremely rude. Front desk staff did not appear upon our arrival and we had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to come to the desk. During breakfast all the tables were dirty and staff was making no effort to clean until other African Americans arrived and then service drastically improved for them. Others were forced to eat breakfast that is not complimentary on their laps.

Also gym does not have any towels and towels were not replenished at the pool/hot tub area. When called to request more towels only four were put in the area.

Internet was extremely slow.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road? Share your experiences!