“Recently renovated BARGAIN”

Days Inn & Suites/College Park/Atlanta/Airport West
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in College Park
“Recently renovated BARGAIN”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Great folks, clean spacious rooms, free breakfast, and an airport shuttle!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed here while attending the Nacsar race. We had the breakfast included which was good, but not worth the money if you had to pay. Server was overwhelmed one morning & didn't bring drinks for the table next to us. Other than that, staff was very freindly. Great locaction with many resturants in this area. Room had fridge.

• Stayed September 2010
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed there May the 24th and got the stay and fly package. Its not as bad as people have previously posted. I was never scared and its not in the projects. I think some people are just scared of anyone thats not white. Its was clean and I would stay there again anytime I had to fly out of Atlanta. The only drawback was the shuttle pickup that never came and the careless nighttime clerk who was fat and lazy. Others had complained of the airplanes flying over, but thats what you should expect when staying at a hotel near the airport, right?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Wasaga Beach, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2010

In one word.....................DUMP! Stayed 2 nights, didnt feel safe due to area - it is situated in the projects. Dont let the photos on their web page fool you - this place is falling apart. No coffee maker in the room, but there was coffee packets???? Got up (6am) to catch a early morning flight and had to call down to the desk because there was no hot water in the shower. The lady on the desk told me I had to wait for them to turn the boiler on?!?!? Finally had hot water around 6:30 - just made my flight!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hampshire
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Again this hotel was comfortable and okay, but only if you are flying out the next morning, otherwise you had better be a avid picture taker who enjoys planes flying just over your head up to midnight, give or take. The room was clean and tidy (we will overlook the cobwebs - sorry occupational hazard) but generally okay.

Downside - they do not run a 24 hour shuttle. It stops at 01.00 hrs and restarts at 05.00 hrs so if you need a plane at six you will need a taxi. Also, members of staff were pleasant and helpful apart from one guy who shall rename nameless who enjoyed his computer games or ipod, or whatever it was he was doing, rather than helping someone. On a plus side one of their drivers was extremely helpful, as was the female member of staff who came on after 11pm, and so all in all, I'd probably recommend it, but with a small reservation on the staff member who liked his games machine.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed March 17, 2010

First off, I want to say that the lady working the desk at night and the shuttle driver were very friendly and helpful. I also should mention that we had to stay there because of a weather delay for our flight and we didn't even get to the hotel until after midnight, so clearly I was a little grumpy.

My first thought when coming in was this wouldn't be too bad. It was wel-lit and has a cutel little fountain pond with fish in it. The elevator was a little sketchy and very dirty. Then we got to the third floor and you really see how run-down the place is. Dirty carpet and that stale smell. Our room was a suite and was the last room availaible for that night. At the time it seemed like it wa the last room available in all of Atlnata! Anyway, the suite was not that great, and it was not a non-smoking room so it reeked of smoke and dust. Still, we were tired, so I was willing to roll with that.

Then I realized that we needed things because our checked luggage was still on some plane somewhere. So I went out of the room, and just because I'm cautious with my wife and kid I checke to make sure the door was locked. Sure enough, when I turned the handle it opened. Then I had my wife lock the deadbolt, and the handle still opened it. I think they must have installed the lock wrong. So I had her lock the little device that lets you crack the door while I was gone.

The hotel was out of free toothbrushes, so I wanted to get some and some diapers and diaper cream, and maybe some food. I went out to the street and walked toward where I had seen a 24 hr. gas station on the corner. Almost immediately I drew the attention of several men who looked drunk and were standing around. One of them sang in a very loud voiuce while staring at me: "Fe Fi Fo Fum, Where the HELL did all these white people come from?" Now I am white, and they were not. Needless to say I was intimidated in this neighborhood. It turned out the gas station didn't sell anything but snacks, so my trip was for nothing.

In the morning we went down for the free breakfast. I made a waffle and my wife tried to pour some syrup on it. The lid was off the syrup, so it spilled everywhere. There was no fresh fruit and they ran out of both kinds of juice by 7:30 AM. Very dissapointing breakfast. I was just glad to get out of there. I would not reccomend this place to anyone until they do some renovations. I mean if you are going to pay that kind of money, stay a little further out of town in some place nicer!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I had to use the computer in the lobby and forgot my usb drive. I went crazy looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere in my room. I went to the front desk and sure enough the front desk had noticed that I had forgot it in the computer and put it up for me. With this type of customer service, it surely saved the day for me.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple