“Not as Bad as Reviews say”

Days Inn & Suites/College Park/Atlanta/Airport West
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed there May the 24th and got the stay and fly package. Its not as bad as people have previously posted. I was never scared and its not in the projects. I think some people are just scared of anyone thats not white. Its was clean and I would stay there again anytime I had to fly out of Atlanta. The only drawback was the shuttle pickup that never came and the careless nighttime clerk who was fat and lazy. Others had complained of the airplanes flying over, but thats what you should expect when staying at a hotel near the airport, right?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 26, 2010

In one word.....................DUMP! Stayed 2 nights, didnt feel safe due to area - it is situated in the projects. Dont let the photos on their web page fool you - this place is falling apart. No coffee maker in the room, but there was coffee packets???? Got up (6am) to catch a early morning flight and had to call down to the desk because there was no hot water in the shower. The lady on the desk told me I had to wait for them to turn the boiler on?!?!? Finally had hot water around 6:30 - just made my flight!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Again this hotel was comfortable and okay, but only if you are flying out the next morning, otherwise you had better be a avid picture taker who enjoys planes flying just over your head up to midnight, give or take. The room was clean and tidy (we will overlook the cobwebs - sorry occupational hazard) but generally okay.

Downside - they do not run a 24 hour shuttle. It stops at 01.00 hrs and restarts at 05.00 hrs so if you need a plane at six you will need a taxi. Also, members of staff were pleasant and helpful apart from one guy who shall rename nameless who enjoyed his computer games or ipod, or whatever it was he was doing, rather than helping someone. On a plus side one of their drivers was extremely helpful, as was the female member of staff who came on after 11pm, and so all in all, I'd probably recommend it, but with a small reservation on the staff member who liked his games machine.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2010

First off, I want to say that the lady working the desk at night and the shuttle driver were very friendly and helpful. I also should mention that we had to stay there because of a weather delay for our flight and we didn't even get to the hotel until after midnight, so clearly I was a little grumpy.

My first thought when coming in was this wouldn't be too bad. It was wel-lit and has a cutel little fountain pond with fish in it. The elevator was a little sketchy and very dirty. Then we got to the third floor and you really see how run-down the place is. Dirty carpet and that stale smell. Our room was a suite and was the last room availaible for that night. At the time it seemed like it wa the last room available in all of Atlnata! Anyway, the suite was not that great, and it was not a non-smoking room so it reeked of smoke and dust. Still, we were tired, so I was willing to roll with that.

Then I realized that we needed things because our checked luggage was still on some plane somewhere. So I went out of the room, and just because I'm cautious with my wife and kid I checke to make sure the door was locked. Sure enough, when I turned the handle it opened. Then I had my wife lock the deadbolt, and the handle still opened it. I think they must have installed the lock wrong. So I had her lock the little device that lets you crack the door while I was gone.

The hotel was out of free toothbrushes, so I wanted to get some and some diapers and diaper cream, and maybe some food. I went out to the street and walked toward where I had seen a 24 hr. gas station on the corner. Almost immediately I drew the attention of several men who looked drunk and were standing around. One of them sang in a very loud voiuce while staring at me: "Fe Fi Fo Fum, Where the HELL did all these white people come from?" Now I am white, and they were not. Needless to say I was intimidated in this neighborhood. It turned out the gas station didn't sell anything but snacks, so my trip was for nothing.

In the morning we went down for the free breakfast. I made a waffle and my wife tried to pour some syrup on it. The lid was off the syrup, so it spilled everywhere. There was no fresh fruit and they ran out of both kinds of juice by 7:30 AM. Very dissapointing breakfast. I was just glad to get out of there. I would not reccomend this place to anyone until they do some renovations. I mean if you are going to pay that kind of money, stay a little further out of town in some place nicer!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I had to use the computer in the lobby and forgot my usb drive. I went crazy looking for it and couldn't find it anywhere in my room. I went to the front desk and sure enough the front desk had noticed that I had forgot it in the computer and put it up for me. With this type of customer service, it surely saved the day for me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I was coming here from London in December, and needed a hotel close to the airport before flying onto Mexico the next day. Atlanta airport, the busiest airport in the world - is surprisingly easy to navigate, to get around, clean, simple and unintimidating. Once out in the hotel shuttle area, I buzzed the hotel for my shuttle from one of the phones available there (a free call with a direct line). A few Delta staff were in my shuttle, and mentioned that it's best to get delivery to the hotel, as it's slightly a dodgy area to walk around at night.

The hotel room was big, the bed was big and generally really comfortable. But the foyer was cold and had no personality. The carpet in the hotel had an overall sickly smell, and the breakfast the next morning was a complete joke. I missed my shuttle to the airport, because the driver forgot to say he was leaving, and I had to wait another 30 minutes for the next one, which pissed me off.

Being so close to the airport too - the noise wasn't too bad, but you can still hear it.

Not bad, but not great - but if it's for one night - it'll do.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2009

while we spent must of our time on the bus sight-seeing,when we got back to the hotel we were treated with royally by the hotel staff.our friend had purchased a bottle of wine and was looking forward to having a glass before retiring.She suddenly realized that she did't have a corkscrew.We ask at the front desk and in less than five minutes the desk manager Don Burgess produced a corkscrew for us.Also in the morning there was a young lady working in the breakfast area that did a fantastic job of keeping the food,condiments and supplies we needed available to us.She always greeted everyone with a good morning and a lovely smile.She also helped people use the waffle machine when they didn't know how to do it despite the fact she was extremely busy.

• Stayed: September 2009