Days Inn & Suites/College Park/Atlanta/Airport West
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Houston, Texas, United States
“Sub par..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Staff was rude. I needed a late check out.clerk informed me that I had to sit in lobby for 30 mins with all my bags. Was crappy on phone calling repeatedly and knocking on door. Tried to enter as I opened it. Very ghetto, tried to give me room with broken windows at first. If you like being treated like crap then this is your place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came upon this place from using Travelosity, (that was the first mistake...using that website.) The facade of the building, grounds and the lobby were very clean and appeared to be a pleasant place to stay; up until about 4:30 am. I was awaken by scratching and itching. I got up out of the bed and pulled the blankets back and saw bedbugs and lice that were crawling in the bed. I was horrified and immediately called down to the lobby. The representative (very nice lady, who was on the night swift,) came to the room. I showed her the bugbeds and she quickley moved me to another room.

When I got to that room, I wasn't taking any chances, so I pulled back the blankets from that bed, and was horrified again to see a bedbud on the sheet. I was livid. I took my unpacked belongings and place them in my car. The representative apologized and recommend that I see the manager. So I showered and dressed and went down to the lobby to wait for the manager (who by the way lived in the hotel.) Meanwhile, the pleasant representative who graciously helped me was leaving and the morning swift was arriving. Mind you that I have been sitting in the lobby since 6:30 am and it was now 9:15 am. The morning employee came in and the night representative updated her with my situation. This woman was so rude to me when I demanded that I wanted to see the manager. She first told me it was too early in the morning to be complaining and that the manager would not be in until 1:00pm. That was the last straw. I told her that I wanted to compensated for these issues and she gave me that one night I stayed. I called Travelosity and demand my prepaid refund at which they called the hotel to confirm my complaint. This morning employee told them that they were willing to give me another room. I didn't want another room, I just wanted to leave and go somewhere else that was much more pleasant. This woman (employee,) was so nasty and rude to me, I couldn't believe that this was happening and I paid for my room up front for five days. After calling Travelosity a few more times, they finally refunded my money back and I left...but not without calling the Department of Health on these people. Please, please, please.....do not ever stay at this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

Sandpoint, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here and it is pretty run down. And there was black hair on the bathroom wall and on the hair dryer. I would not stay here again. The sound of the airplanes coming in was very loud also if that bothers you. It was not clean, Also the rug had not been vacuumed as far as I could tell there was crumbs on the rug and food also on the phone...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This place needs a renovation soon. Has a smoke and weird smell all over the rooms. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything from the next room.
Don't get a room close to the entrance. People make a lot of noise when they go in and it's hard to sleep.
The only good thing is the friendly staff and the free shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to the entrance. Try to get a room at the second floor and you will avoi...