“Property stolen”

Days Inn & Suites/College Park/Atlanta/Airport West
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I do not recoomend staying here. First off when I call and made the reservation the lady that answered made it for a month earlier and they chargered my card, and I had to call and get it fixed. Then when we arrived the manager told me that he did not have my reservation. He did finally find it and checked me in. We went and put our stuff in the room and then left for a braves game. When we returned to keys did not work, so we had to go and get new keys for the room. Upon entering the room all of our bags was taken out and the room was cleaned up. Talk to the front desk clerk and she advised me that it saids we checked out today. Once advised that we just checked in that afternnon she then got on the phone with the manager and he said that our stuff was in the back and that he didn't know why it showed earlier that we had checked out. Had over 800 dollars of property stolen out of bags. They are not helpful at all in trying to find out what happened they say it is not there problem. Whatever you do do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

First if you are thinking of staying here for more than one night you won't be comfortable. If you are staying here for one night only go to hotelcoupon.com. You can get a standard room for $35.00! There is a 25 dollar pet fee. I would not stay with children.

Overall below average place. Location was hard to get to. Staff was there simply to get paid, but nice enough. I could tell the room had been cleaned, but the carpet was very old. I did not walk around barefoot. Bed and sheets were clean, did not feel gross in the bed. The room was extremely outdated. Window a/c barely worked. Refrigerator did not work. Room needed some basic maintenance.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Horrible, filty, dirty, messy.
We had dead cockroaches in the bathroom, dirty broken blankets, stinky room.
Breakfast was ridicoulous, and there was no power so no toast or hot beverages.
It was "suggested" as hotel by Delta Airlines after a flight delay.
Do not ever never go to this place.
It should be closed down.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was surprised the hotel was so nice, for the price. Breakfast was GREAT!!!!! Fresh made waffles, fruit, hard boiled eggs...and the regular toast, muffins, bagels. Not sure of the area (after reading reviews) but my 82yo mother & I felt safe. LOTS of eating places close by. The beds were clean, the air conditioner worked (thank goodness cause it was HOT). The pool was MOST welcomed and clean (although the pool area nede to be cleaned)... found an open unused condom in the package by the lounge chairs.

Critisism part...everyone can find something.Tthe bottom of the shower curtain had mildew on it (the cloth part) and the walkways were in VERY bad need of being pressure washed. When I told the Frt Dsk at checkout they thanked me and advised "we are trying". I believe they are, but should either pay more attention to the ground maintenance or pay a little more for someone who will.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

First, we did not actually stay here, though we were supposed to. We called earlier in the day, having been given an airline voucher due to a rescheduled flight, and were assured by a female with an Asian accent that two rooms would be held for our arrival later that evening after a previous engagement we had planned. She also seemed scattered and made reference to being "very busy." We arrived late at night and were told that not only had no rooms been held, but that no rooms remained vacant. The woman at the desk was not the one we had spoken with, and she claimed that no other female would have been answering the phone, only a male. We confirmed that we had called the correct number, that we had actually reached the hotel, and she said, speaking in an "American urban" accent (for lack of a better term), that yes, we'd reached that hotel, but we must be mistaken. She claimed that the hotel did not even accept airline vouchers so there was "no way she woulda said that" and that there was now nothing she could do. We asked to speak to a manager but were told that the manager had "gone home." It took several attempts to make ourselves understood to her and it was clear she was not very bright. Apparently, neither was the person we'd spoken to on the phone if she promised rooms she could not (or did not bother to) block out for us. They clearly are not hiring the best and the brightest, and the customer service is abysmal.

On another note, this hotel is in what appears to be a low-class area of town. As we walked in, we encountered two men just "hanging out" with a paper bag in their possession that appeared to hold alcohol. While driving around nearby looking for alternate lodging (this is at midnight or so), we saw many other such people loitering.

I recommend steering clear of this place. There was no vacancy to be found anywhere in the area that night and I found something for less money that was much nicer on the NE side of town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank crwpup
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I cannot stress enough how filthy this hotel is. The manager/owner should demand that the staff do deep cleaning. Attempts at renovation are being made, however, without the deep cleaning, this place will never maintain repeat business. I work for the air lines. I stay in hotels all over the world. Some are more basic than others, however, my main requirement in a hotel is cleanliness. I will say on a positive note that the night clerk was friendly albeit very offended that I said the hotel was filthy.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Staff and Owners were excellent even during the remodeling they were pleasant and helpful in so many ways. My reservations were confused at best.They did everything possible to make my stay a very pleasant one. I'm sure when all the remodeling iis done THE BAYMONT will be one of the better HOTELS IN COLLEGE PARK.

Thanks again