“Stay elsewhere”

Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in College Park
michigan
“Stay elsewhere”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We were forced to stay at this hotel when our flight was delayed and we missed the connecting flight. The airport gave us a paper to call for reduced rates at nearby hotels and there were only 2 choices. I should have picked the other. We had to wait over 45 minutes after midnight for the shuttle to this hotel. Then we had to fight our way through the mob of others trying to get onto a shuttle to a hotel. We were exhausted once we got there, which was good and the only way I would have stayed here. Service at the desk was OK, nothing rude anyways. The carpet in the room was full of stains and I was afraid to take off my shoes. There was mold in the shower. I couldn't sleep because it was so noisy from the jets taking off. The reduced rate was a joke. But, very close to the airport and the shuttle to take you to the airport was prompt and convenient. The breakfast was decent.

• Liked — Near the airport
  • Disliked — Filthy room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rhfawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We were there for a quick overnight stay. Checkin staff was very nice. She gave us choices on whick room. We stayed in a handicap room which was larger. We stayed on the first floor so we had a room with high ceilings. Spacious room, I'm not sure if that's because it was handicap or if it's like that in other rooms. We left to our concert as soon as we got there. When we got back we drove around the building twice and there were no parking spaces. My husband and I around midnight parked in the hotel next doors parking. We had to park under a light so we locked up our car and walked down a hill to our hotel. We had to jump down about five feet so it wasn't that bad. It just felt sneaky. In the AM, around 9am I went to get my car and move it. I felt real trashy leaving our hotel to climb a wall to another hotel parking lot. Moved the car around and there still wasn't any parking spaces, I just parked alongside the hotel. They need to tell people that at the front desk that they have overflow parking at another hotel or something. We paid $88 for the room and was there for a concert so I wasn't too glitched about it.

• Liked — Large room. (Handicap)
  • Disliked — No parking at all.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
los angeles, ca
Reviewed June 27, 2007

Due to a cancelled flight, I needed a place to stay for the night (in order to catch a flight early next morning). I picked this hotel more-or-less at random from the "telephone board" in the airport.

The room itself was nice (with a refrigerator and a microwave!) and was very clean and quiet. There didn't seem to be that many other guests about, mostly airline crew)

One of the selling points of this hotel was the nearby "Ruby Tuesdays" restaurant. Well, if you came in on the shuttle, you'd better like Ruby Tuesdays because that's just about the only thing withing walking distance, other than other hotels. (The Sheraton is nearby, most likely with other restaurant choices. I did not investigate this, however)

They run a shuttle to/from the airport about every 30 minutes or so.
They also provide breakfast, although I had to leave before they set it up, so I have no comment on it. There's wireless internet as well.

• Liked — refrigerator and microwave
  • Disliked — not particularly near anything but the airport
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Temporary
wilmington Nc
Reviewed January 28, 2007

A group of teens stayed at the Sleep Inn. I was an Adult chaperone for the Battle of the Bands Weekend event. The bedspreads were filthy. I pulled back the BEd spread covers and both were soiled with what appeared to be old blood stains and other unidentifiable stains. We checked in the hotel after the event at 9:00p.m. with the group. There was evidence that the blankets had been eaten by moths. They were filled by tiny holes. I was so tired from the event that I didn't call the front desk. I pulled the spreads off and left them on the floor. The girls happened to have their own blankets and this is what was used for cover. We left the next morning. Other services was good. Staff was very friendly at check in time and helpful.

• Liked — security
  • Disliked — the dirty bedspreads
  • Stayed January 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 12, 2006

I stayed at the Sleep Inn last night and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The shuttle service was great. The people at the front desk were helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was available early. The location was ideal. What else could anyone want?

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank redrocktrekker13
California
Reviewed March 8, 2006

I last stayed here in Nov. and the place was horrible. The front desk staff was rude and the maids came to rooms by 9am.

Well the front desk staff has been better trained it is obvious. Some of the women there still have attitude problems. For example, when I checked in the desk clerk did not speak to me, so I told her my name and that I needed to check in. She THEN said roughly, "HELLO, HOW ARE YOU?" Basically, some of the desk people have personal issues.

The hotel is clean and well kept. The rooms are large and have micro wave and fridge. LOcated on the premises is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant that has a friendly staff. Trust me, I DO NOT like going out much, but I felt good in here. Plus you can get your food to go if you want to go up to your room and eat there.

The Indian, male shuttle driver is not a nice person. He actually raised his voice to me. I have no respect for him and will never ride in a shuttle driven by him again.

If you can ignore the evening and weekend desk clerks and this one rude driver, then you will be fine.

The rates here are much lower than other places that are worse. This place is nice, quiet and close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank CopacabanaGrill
Guin, Al
Reviewed October 21, 2005

On their website, this hotel stated that they accepted pets. I booked them through Priceline. When I called the Hotel directly to inquire as to the pet fee, a very rude receptionist told me they didn't accept pets !! I called Priceline and they got in touch with the Hotel and asked if this was a new policy. The same man told them that they had never accepted pets. She issued me a full refund and told me that this Hotel would be reported to their Priceline Rules Committe and would not be able to advertise with them again.

1 Thank Summit24