Sleep Inn Airport
$103
$144
$129
$67
All reviewsruby tuesdayssmall breakfast areamissed breakfastmodern furniturewould stay here againwalking distancecar rental returnthe shuttle driverbed was comfortablewireless internetwafflesparking lotthe young ladyvending machinean early morning flightinternational terminalfree shuttle service
Reviewed June 19, 2011

the purpose of the visit was just to find a place to crash for the evening while I was down visiting friends. The young lady at the desk upon check-in, Juwauna was very! hospitable, and professional. We shared a small conversation about the accent I had. Well after checking in, the room was very adequate for my stay. Clean, though a smoking room didn't smell like smoke at all which was rather interesting. (I of course requested the smoking room and she confirmed upon check-in). The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean all in all a very good evening. I didn't spend very much time in the room as I was out and about. There are some concerns that any guest would have staying at this property and I will address those now.

1. Elevator: Made a horrible sound opening/closing. To me, having worked in the hospitality industry I've seen it all, to a guest however this could be very uneasy and evoke some feeling of discomfort and lack of safety. I'm sure if the GM contacts whoever has the contract for the elevator they should be able to fix this quickly.
2. Housekeeping: This is more like a deep-clean/PM type task but the floors in the bathroom could use a good scrubbing. I didn't see any mold, which is good though just for general upkeep of the property show a little lovin' to the floors.
3. "Noise" I only say this to future visitors of the property. The hotel is RIGHT NEAR! an airport, there isn't LOUD noise all throughout the night and there is little to nothing the hotel can do to prevent this. The only reason I am addressing it is for future travelers. Expect some take off/landing noise. I mean, it's an airport and the hotel name as "Airport" attached to it so you know exactly what you're accepting before you book the room.

Final words: The hotel is in good condition, perfect location for airport travel, and has restaurants within the immediate and only about 2 miles down the road. Jawauna made a very lasting first impression and is a good representation of Sleep Inn Airport Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Close to airport, clean, great service, comfortable beds, very good value.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We got stuck in Atlata with the "big" snowfall in January...and we could find no accomodation near the airport. We eventually got hold of the Sleep-Inn that had a shuttle available to come and fetch us, no problem! They fetched us and all our bags(6 bigh and 3 hand luggage) and they dropped us off at the door of the hotel. What a nice shuttle driver. We got a double room and we had a warm shower and a warm bed to sleep in. Nice breakfast the next morning and then they helped us with all our luggage again and transported us back to the airport for our connecting flight. The staff at reception was excellent and compliments to the Sleep Inn!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2010

very close to the airport. Driver was late for work so another hotels driver took me to this hotel.
Ruby Tuesday restaurant next door but other than that there is nothing but hotels in the neighborhood.
I did'nt sleep very well due to the fact that my room was right above the reception area and the night clerk was with her friends or other guests laughing and talking loud all night until atleast 4:00am.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel is probably adequate if you are looking for a quick and inexpensive place to stay near the airport. Otherwise I would suggest to look elsewhere. If you do choose to stay here, let me offer some advice. First of all, make sure your room is not directly facing the parking lot. On my first morning there, I was awakened by the unpleasant odor of vehicle exhaust filling my room, as my ground floor room was just a few feet away from a parallel parking area, and there was a delivery truck idling just outside my window. The window, by the way, did not fit the frame properly, and there was a small gap that prevented the window from fully closing, and allowed the car exhaust in. Yuk. The free breakfast is mostly cold items, and below average compared to what other hotels offer. The walk-in shower requires a bit of care while using; it is not a safe design and my husband slipped and fell (he is NOT a clumsy person by nature!) . The mattresses are very firm and the bedding a bit worn...the second night my fitted sheet/mattress pad kept coming off the bed and woke me up several times. The staff was not exceptionally friendly and didn't seem to care about anything one way or another. I didn't try the fitness center since a staff member was just sitting in there watching tv and it made me uncomfortable. On the positive side...there is a Ruby Tuesdays right next door and it is an absolutely excellent place to dine. Overall, I would have to rate this experience as disappointing compared to the many other Choice Hotels that I have visited. It definitely needs an update to remain competitive, as there are a lot of other hotels in the area to choose from. My suggestion is to choose one of the others.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business