the purpose of the visit was just to find a place to crash for the evening while I was down visiting friends. The young lady at the desk upon check-in, Juwauna was very! hospitable, and professional. We shared a small conversation about the accent I had. Well after checking in, the room was very adequate for my stay. Clean, though a smoking room didn't smell like smoke at all which was rather interesting. (I of course requested the smoking room and she confirmed upon check-in). The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean all in all a very good evening. I didn't spend very much time in the room as I was out and about. There are some concerns that any guest would have staying at this property and I will address those now.
1. Elevator: Made a horrible sound opening/closing. To me, having worked in the hospitality industry I've seen it all, to a guest however this could be very uneasy and evoke some feeling of discomfort and lack of safety. I'm sure if the GM contacts whoever has the contract for the elevator they should be able to fix this quickly.
2. Housekeeping: This is more like a deep-clean/PM type task but the floors in the bathroom could use a good scrubbing. I didn't see any mold, which is good though just for general upkeep of the property show a little lovin' to the floors.
3. "Noise" I only say this to future visitors of the property. The hotel is RIGHT NEAR! an airport, there isn't LOUD noise all throughout the night and there is little to nothing the hotel can do to prevent this. The only reason I am addressing it is for future travelers. Expect some take off/landing noise. I mean, it's an airport and the hotel name as "Airport" attached to it so you know exactly what you're accepting before you book the room.
Final words: The hotel is in good condition, perfect location for airport travel, and has restaurants within the immediate and only about 2 miles down the road. Jawauna made a very lasting first impression and is a good representation of Sleep Inn Airport Atlanta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep Inn Airport, a College Park hotel near the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International AirportThe Sleep Inn® Airport is ideally located just one mile from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.This College Park, GA hotel is convenient to area businesses and attractions like Olympic Stadium, CNN Center, Georgia International Convention Center, Georgia Institute of Technology and Georgia State University.There are a wide variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges located in the surrounding area, including Ruby Tuesday on the hotel premises. Several shops are also nearby.In addition to standard amenities, all spacious guest rooms feature cable television, irons and ironing boards. Non-smoking rooms are available. Coin-operated laundry facilities and valet cleaning services are provided for guest convenience.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Sleep Inn Airport is the perfect hotel for anyone visiting the College Park area. We look forward to seeing you soon.Full-service features and amenities include free airport transportation, Free Morning Medley Hot Breakfast and free local calls. Guests are invited to take advantage of the exercise room.This College Park, GA hotel offers business travelers conveniences like free high-speed Internet access, access to copy and fax services and multiple telephone lines. The meeting room accommodates up to 20 people for small events and business functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleep Inn Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn Airport Hotel College Park
- Sleep Inn College Park
- College Park Sleep Inn