“Not clean, dirty”

Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
“Not clean, dirty”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Found tissue and remote behind bed, lights unplugged, things from previous guest left behind including half of a drink in the fridge. At least the wifi was free and functioning. I guess at $79 a night, value is poor to average, but was glad it was Delta paying and not me.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TravelingCarrolls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is not the Hilton or Marriott! But the hotel was clean. I felt safe walking around the property. The bed was in good shape. The mattress looked fairly new. Very comfortable to sleep on! We did not hear any outside noise, not the airport, not people in the hall, nothing. The staff was nothing but nice and accommodating. It was very easy to find, and very easy to get on and off the interstate. I was very pleased with our stay and would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My car, setting in front of the hotel, was broken into during my stay. I learned the hotel had stopped having security a couple months ago as a way to cut expenses. They also do not have cameras. We needed a band aide. When we called the front desk, we were told they don't have such things that we should go to a grocery or WalMart. Later we called again, got a different person and were told they would have some at the front desk

Room Tip: Don't bother with this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael3735
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed August 30, 2013

we had to stay over night due to the delays but happy we did. we had a good night rest, good breakfast and good pull time - the pool was not perfectly clean but clean.
next time we stuck in ATL we will go there again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Horsham, PA
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I got placed here by Delta Airlines for the night after my flight was cancelled. The hotel desk attendant was ignorant and when i got off the elevator on my floor there was an intense cat urine smell. There is no way in h*ll I would pay to stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Arnie230
JACKSON HEIGHTS
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Put here after Delta canceled my flight. Shabby lobby should have been a hint. Extremely loud room-- both compressors for the building AC and in-room fridge were rumbling all night. I unplugged the fridge, but that oy helped a little-- and I live in NYC, so I am accustomed to noisy nights! Sheets were cheap and rough, pillows too small for the bed, which was lumpy and uncomfortable. I checked out and they immediately deactivated my wifi connection-- and THEN mentioned that I would have to wait for the next shuttle because the first run was full. So I couldn't even get any work done in the seedy lobby while I sipped tea made from lukewarm water and waited. Definitely added nothing positive to my already discouraging travel odyssey.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Camess
Selma, AL
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went through Globalairportparking.com and parked at this Quality Inn for 10 days recently. Was a great experience. Parking rate was extremely reasonable, parking lot well lit and had no problems with vehicle. Shuttle bus routinely goes to the Atlanta airport every half hour. This is not a luxury vehicle, but was clean and driver was courteous and helpful. I used the hotel restroom facilities on both drop-off and pick-up days. Front desk staff were welcoming and helpful, the lobby was cheerful and clean, and all the restroom was fine. Would definitely park here again when flying from Atlanta and will consider staying here in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sleep Inn Airport
#16 of 26 in College Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park

Been to Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!