“Old and dated”

Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Because our flight was canceled Delta put us up in this hotel for the night. It was close to the airport but that was the only good thing it had going for it. Everything needed to be updated and was old and run down. We didn't have the breakfast but we did have dinner at their resturant Bowties. Food was overpriced and not very good at all. It also took a long time for us to receive our food.

1  Thank mollypez

Reviewed May 20, 2013

An unfortunate turn of events caused my sister and I to miss our connecting flight in Atlanta. As such, Delta put us up in this Quality Inn. The stay was less than Quality. Upon arrival, the young woman at the desk didn't speak to us at all...she simply handed us the key to our room. The room was small and dank and I was in serious doubt of its cleanliness. The breakfast was ok and I will say the airport shuttle ran on-time so that we were able to get back to the airport. Again, while this hotel is close to the airport, if you don't have to pay for a stay here, then don't!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blkreign30
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I spent just a night in this hotel, but it was enough to evaluate it is a very good. The breakfast was excellent and the location next to the airport is perfect. We arrived on the international terminal and we took a free transportation to the national terminal and from there another free van to the hotel. Even if I had a room towards the airport, there was very little noise from the planes!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you want a 5 star, top-rated hotel, you're going to pay big bucks. If you're on a budget, like most of us, this place wasn't bad at all. My husband and I booked the room on a different website, but for some reason it didn't go through. I called to advise the hotel and ask their advice, and the young lady at the front desk (her name started with an N, but I can't recall it, exactly) was really helpful. She gave me the web address where I could book the room and save a significant amount of cash. The hotel IS in a pretty shady area, but we never felt unsafe. Our car wasn't messed with at all, and we never had any problems. The room was clean enough to feel really comfortable, and the bed was quite nice, I must say. All of the staff we spoke with were really nice and we enjoyed our stay! Everyone's opinion differs, but I would say that we have average, middle class standards for accommodation, and we found this hotel to be just fine! :)

Room Tip: I would say that, if you're a light sleeper, stay on a lower level floor, because there is quite...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed here several times because it is close to the airport and they do park and fly. It is convenient to be able to leave our cars at the hotel while we are gone. The price is fair and the rooms are ok for a single night stay. The restaurant again, is ok. Nothing fancy at this place but it worked for our needs. The shuttle is not speedy and can sometimes be competitive to get on it. The staff is fine but do not go out of their way to be helpful. If you just need a safe convenient place without many frills to stay then this is the place for you. If you are looking to be pampered, look for another place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

While traveling, my flight was delayed and I missed my connection in Atlanta. My airline offered a complimentary room voucher and re-booked me on the next day. Once I found the shuttle area in the airport, it took about 30 minutes before it arrived and there were several people waiting. It seems like this hotel is frequently booked by airlines that need to comp passengers a night stay due to flight issues. Upon arrival at the hotel, we formed a line and were just given room keys - no information was taken. I made my way to the room on the second floor. The hallways were dark and dingy. My room was at the very end of the hallway next to the stairwell door. The door to the stairs was propped open with a dirty washcloth exposing the decaying stairwell area. It seemed strange that this was open - and for some reason made me uncomfortable. The room was dated - and not in good repair. There were many things that could use attention - the phone was disgusting and the cords were all unplugged, the heat/AC unit was dirty and falling apart, the chair had many stains on it...I could go on and on. The view from the room was the dirty loading dock area where it seems many employees take their smoke breaks. (I could smell smoke in the room every now and then - maybe it was from here?) I didn't find the bathroom to be too bad and there was a nice new TV. The bed sheets were also clean. Do yourself a favor and don't book this property unless you have no other choice. I didn't feel safe and couldn't leave fast enough. I didn't even check out the breakfast because I just wanted to leave. A rating of two is probably one too many for this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bam377
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Upon missing my connecting flight to San Antonio due to bad weather, Delta issued me a $60 voucher to stay at this hotel. Since I didn't have to pay for it and it was one night only, I accepted the invitation.

Upon looking at the dirty stained furniture in the lobby should have been a red flag but I was so tired that I blew it off. The manager gave me a room that someone else was staying in. I went back to the lobby and I got another room.

I got to the room turned on all the lights and to my dismay, the furniture (chairs) were STAINED. You could see where someone tried to clean it, I guess. I didn't sit on any of them, to be exact they were chairs with ottomans. I was DISGUSTED, it looked the furniture had been used and a poor attempt had been made to clean it.

The only things decent about the room was the bedroom was separate from the living area and it was BIG and the king bed was nice. The bathroom sink was granite flat screens were a nice touch, otherwise, it was very disappointing.

I went to get some dinner at the restaurant in the hotel the carpet felt wet and it was DIRTY. The young lady there was the waitress, cashier and bartender. She was helpful as best as she could. I finally ordered my food and went back to my room and 30 minutes later went back to the restaurant and the food wasn't ready as she'd explained to us. Myself and others stood by the kitchen doors and the cook and the young lady were arguing very LOUDLY, everyone sitting in the restaurant heard them, it was unprofessional and embarrassing. The manager went in to the kitchen and don't know what he said to them, if anything, because after he left the kitchen, they were still arguing. I had to wait an additional 30 minutes for my food.

I won't stay there again and I wouldn't advise any one else to either.

• Stayed: January 2013