“Clean room with good shuttle service”

Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Canada
“Clean room with good shuttle service”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had a really bad travel day on Delta and missed my connection on the last flight out of Atlanta that night. Delta sent us to this hotel for the night.

The room was clean and comfortable with a free wifi connection. It was renovated not too long ago. As I didn't have any luggage, I was given free of charge a disposable toothbrush with toothpaste, something I appreciated after a long day. The TV didn't work, but I only had a 5 hour sleep ahead of me so I didn't bother to ask for another room, which I'm sure they would have agreed as the receptionist was nice when I checked in. I didn't have time to use any facility or to check them, but there was a pool, a restaurant and a small gym. For the price on the voucher I had, it was a really great value, I had a nice service and it includes a free shuttle to the airport.

My room was right in front of the elevator which I didn't hear much at 1 a.m. when I went to sleep but it wake me up a few times during the night when people were leaving to take their flight. I could hear them discuss as if I was in the hallway with them before the elevator made it's own noise... So if you stay in a room away from the elevators, I'd recommend this hotel and wouldn't mind if the airline sent me there again on a future connecting flight gone wrong.

Room Tip: Elevators are noisy at night
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because of a cancelled flight. AirTran put us at this place. It's the pits. If I could give it a 0, I would have. Its a old hotel, smelly, nasty. The shower tub backs up and don't drain. Drunk shady people in lobby. Restaurant is old and not very healthy. Spend 6 hours here and that was enough...Good value for a $54 flight voucher, but would of not paid a $1.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oceanoasis
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Did this hotels park and fly and had very good shuttle service both ways. I had a problem with my car and shuttle driver helped with it also. Hotel was average quality but had all you need for night before flight out or back. Breakfast somewhat limited but it was free

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 12, 2012

we walked into the hotel, smelled of strong disinfectant. several seedy looking men loitering. asked an employee about a pool (one of our expectations). walked to the double doors, looked out. oh my gosh! pool was a slimy dark green disgusting color. garden hose floating around in it. we didn't even talk to the front desk. cancelled the reservation immediately over the phone. drove to another hotel in the area for a pleasant night's stay which included a CLEAN pool.

Room Tip: we didn't even take a look at a room. just from the lobby and pool area, we knew it was not the...
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M S
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I conducted a meeting at this property in the beginning of October. The Sales Director came out of her office to shake my hand and greet me with a big smile. She then walked me to my meeting space where I was very impressed because my meeting space seating and setup was correct. To my surprise, she also provided me with pens and notepads. Before the meeting kicked off she even brought us a coffee bar!

Everyone at this property was a pleasure to work with!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Airline gave us a hotel voucher here after missing our connection in Atlanta. Front desk staff was very quick to process a full shuttle's worth of other stranded travelers. We ate at the hotel lounge Bowties and to watch some Monday Night Football. There was one bartender who I thought did a great job handling the place solo. Rooms were standard and clean. Would have like to have been home instead but this hotel was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our second or third stay at Atlanta Airport the night before our flight. They offer stay, park and fly packages. I don't think we'll stay here again. The hotel is clean enough, but it definitely could use some refurbishing. The shuttle was definitely in need up replacing - at least the seat covers which were torn and dirty. The shuttle runs every 1/2 hr, but on the return, we called for pick up and were told it would be 15 minutes. A half hour later, we called again and were told he just left the international terminal and was on his way. It was another 10 minutes. My husband didn't want to go to the restaurant as he recalled it wasn't very good from a previous stay. The breakfast was adequate and acceptable. The hotel is kept pretty clean and is just adequate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sleep Inn Airport
#16 of 26 in College Park
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

Been to Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!