Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport Marriott(College Park)
$132
  • Breakfast included
$121
$109
  • Pool
All reviewsquality innfront desk staffvan driverrecommend this hotel to anyoneevery half hourexcellent customer servicewafflesangelarunway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our transfer flight got canceled due to weather condition, after waited over 2 hours at the customer counter, Delta offered this hotel at 50% discount rate. We all are exhausted at the airport and need a place to stay one night, the room are clean, great location to airport by shuttle for 7 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels before, and you could read the position reviews under my Trip Advisor Account to prove that.

Delta Airlines sent me here because I was on a delayed in-bound Pinnacle Airlines flight (Delta Connection) that made me miss my connecting flight due to mechanical reasons. Let me tell you about the property...

The Hotel Shuttle, which read positive reviews online, never showed up. The Days Inn hotel across the street took us to this hotel. The front desk gave us our rooms right away, which was fast, however my room did have bugs on the floor, and on the comforter. There were people screaming down the hall, which ran up the hallway screaming "ah bugs", what a coincidence...

The Breakfast in the Morning was beyond bad. Unfortunately, Pinnacle Airlines (Delta Connection) provides this hotel as the accommodation for their crews, who appeared exhausted, and starving for food by picking between the bagels and muffins to try to find one that wasn't stale or moldy. Little did I know, the same crew that I met at the Hotel, was also operating my flight. Wonderful. Thanks to this property, I, nor the crew that is responsible for the safe transportation of passengers in our country, received a poor nights sleep.

If the General Manager of this hotel cared about his property, they would be responding and handling with the complaints posted on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelerManDan
Reviewed August 3, 2012

An airline that I won't name canceled my flight and sent me here so, since it didn't cost me anything, I can't comment on how good a value it is for the money.
It may be because I'm old and can recall the motels of the 40s and 50s, but I think that second-rank chain motels like this one are quite good. Clean, quiet, free internet, breakfast with sausage and orange juice better than I drink at home-what's to complain about? I don't mind if a member of the front-desk staff calls me "darling". And there was no charge to get back to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I would give this place ZERO stars if I could.

We decided to park here when we went to Mexico for a week recently....what a mistake. Not only does this place seem to be in the ghetto, but it is dirty, not well kept, and not very many spaces. In fact, we parked in the last possible space. I don't know how people even have parking that stay at the hotel (which, by the looks of it I would not recommend, either). Anyway, we picked up my car at 2am and were greeted by an unpleasant surprise...ANTS. They were totally infesting my car and were everywhere. At 2am an no lighted area in the parking lot this is not what anyone wants to deal with. I went inside and told the lady what was going on and all she said was, "what do you want me to do about it???"....with a dumb blank look on her face. I didn't really have words at this point because I had been traveling all day and was completely exhausted.

I had to Raid my car after we got home, and then spend $20 cleaning it the next day.

I should also add that my car WAS NOT dirty. I had cleaned/vacuumed it the day that we left.

So, although this place is cheap, the savings will not make up for the pain and money you have to spend to clean your car. This is your warning, do NOT park here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Judy and Stoney from the night staff went above and beyond during my recent stay. AirTran had mechanical issues with a plane that resulted in my stay in the lovely, crimefree Atlanta Airport vicinity. Judy welcomed not only me, but the rest of the guests, with a good attitude. The breakfast was also a nice surprise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business