“Parking NIGHTMARE”

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
a80r
“Parking NIGHTMARE”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I would give this place ZERO stars if I could.

We decided to park here when we went to Mexico for a week recently....what a mistake. Not only does this place seem to be in the ghetto, but it is dirty, not well kept, and not very many spaces. In fact, we parked in the last possible space. I don't know how people even have parking that stay at the hotel (which, by the looks of it I would not recommend, either). Anyway, we picked up my car at 2am and were greeted by an unpleasant surprise...ANTS. They were totally infesting my car and were everywhere. At 2am an no lighted area in the parking lot this is not what anyone wants to deal with. I went inside and told the lady what was going on and all she said was, "what do you want me to do about it???"....with a dumb blank look on her face. I didn't really have words at this point because I had been traveling all day and was completely exhausted.

I had to Raid my car after we got home, and then spend $20 cleaning it the next day.

I should also add that my car WAS NOT dirty. I had cleaned/vacuumed it the day that we left.

So, although this place is cheap, the savings will not make up for the pain and money you have to spend to clean your car. This is your warning, do NOT park here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Memphis
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Judy and Stoney from the night staff went above and beyond during my recent stay. AirTran had mechanical issues with a plane that resulted in my stay in the lovely, crimefree Atlanta Airport vicinity. Judy welcomed not only me, but the rest of the guests, with a good attitude. The breakfast was also a nice surprise.

Hugo, Minnesota
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times in the last month hoping I just had a bad room or two but that wasn't the case. The front desk daytime staff have no customer service skills. The minute you walk in they make you feel unwelcome. Night staff is awesome. The last night I stayed there I asked for a quiet room because we had a family emergency and I needed quiet. He put me on the floor blocked for a family reunion!!! I called and complained and they switched my room. The manager did apologize for the incident. The iron at the hotel left black on my white shirt so I asked for another iron. They sent me another one with black all over the bottom! The Bowties cafe is awesome. Some of the best southern fried chicken I've eaten. That does is not enough to make me want to come back.

1 Thank PJ O
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Delta put me up in this hotel when I was stuck overnight in Atlanta. There's a reason why this place has dozens of rooms available for stranded travelers at a moment's notice. When I walked into the room and flipped the switch by the door, no lights came on. I turned on the bathroom lights to get some illumination and investigated. Turned out a previous guest had unplugged most of the lamps in the room, probably in order to find outlets to plug in cell phone and laptop chargers and to use the coffee maker. There were actually not enough outlets to plug in all the lamps and appliances at once. The hotel is overall dingy and tired looking.

1 Thank Frank P
Ellisville, Missouri
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We got stranded in Atlanta for the night due to bad weather. We ate dinner at the Bowtie Cafe. The menu was pretty limited, but we both ordered the Tilapia. It was really a surpise how great all of the food was--the Tilapia was cooked perfectly (too many times I've had it overcooked), the green beans were really good and the baked potato--well its kind of hard to screw that up. But overall the the service was excellent and the food was too.

Room Tip: Didn't stay at the hotel, just ate dinner at Bowtie Cafe
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Alabama
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Was impressed by the 2nd place this hotel is on your list. Therefoe was expecting for more, but was disappointed. The place is clean, great shuttle service, the stuff is welcoming and warm, price is good but to get a towel in the bathroom that is good to be used as a kitchen towel or to be stuck with the facet on worm water because the shortage of space does not allow you to turn it off,. Breakfast is included but when it come to 8:20 they stop serving food. In my case I was asking for more eggs and was refused. All of these you should not find in a 2nd place hotel. And I hate to complain.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Delta put us up here after missing our connection. We checked in close to midnight and we weren't even asked to show any form of ID. The rooms were very old and musty, my pillow was stained.The air conditioner was extremely loud. This hotel looks like it needed to be updated years ago.

Breakfast was decent and shuttle was prompt.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sleep Inn Airport
#16 of 26 in College Park
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

Been to Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!