“Service is definitely quality”

Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I had missed my connecting flight and was referred here by the airline. I thought this was going to be a horrible night for me, but the service I received from the front desk staff was amazing and they went out of their way to help me have a comfortable and stress-free stay. I am so glad I was recommended to stay the night at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport

Reviewed October 24, 2011

When I booked the hotel, I wasn't sure about the location. This turned out to be no problem. The hotel is new, by everything was clean and well kept. When I noticed some pilots and talked to several Delta flight attendants, we realized that we'd made a good choice of hotels. We had the pleasure of being served by Ruby in the dining room. She's very pleasant and accommodating - represented the hotel very well. The airport shuttle leaves every 1/2 hour for a 15 minute trip. My only issue is that I'd prefer to leave my car under covered parking, but that is not a deal breaker.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Delta put us up here after they made us miss our connecting flight in Atlanta. It was terrible. The place looks like a dump. The carpets are gross. My room had a very weird odor, which I got used to after a while. It seemed like all the rooms smelled weird in different ways. When I went to my friend's room, her room had a different weird smell than mine. Cleanliness was iffy. The shower smelled weird. Although, I actually had it better because Carmen said she didn't even get shampoo. She had someone's leftover shampoo in her bathroom. I don't know what the deal was with the front desk rep, but they seemed cranky. Must have been a long day. They were very indifferent when we checked in and didn't even make eye contact. We tried to find another hotel to stay, but it was very late and we were scared to leave our hotel. We didn't feel very safe there either. Our flight wasn't until 11 am the next day, but we were out of there by 7 am because it was so nasty.

Room Tip: I don't know that there are any good rooms in this place. They all smell weird in different ways...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ching B
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We checked in and went to our room. As we walked in the door an overpowering stink hit us which smelled like a sweet mildew odor. I quickly sprayed my entire can of travel size lysol and we went out for the evening hoping the smell would dissipate...after returning it was worse even though we had run the air conditioner. I told my husband I couldn't sleep under those conditions, so we checked out (nothing said except sorry at the front desk) and left around midnight and headed for home 2-1/2 hrs away. Needless to stay, I won't ever be staying here again. My advice is stay away unless you have no sense of smell!

Room Tip: Makes sure you ask to have your room changed right away if you are not satisfied
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri A
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff at this hotel make it happen every time I stay here. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy, and the price is right. The shuttle to the airport is convenient and on time. The breakfast this visit left a lot to be desired though. I overheard the server lecturing a young man to not use the hot drink cups for his juice! Please.. they are going to be used either way. They really could improve on the quality of the breakfast and at dinner the Bow Tie restaurant did not have the food items listed on their menu but their server was great and went out of her way to offer substitutions. Don't get a room facing the airport on the top floor!! The noise this visit from the planes and rowdy guests was bad.

Room Tip: Choice hotels customer service does a good job helping you find a good price.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cozee
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night and had booked a king suite with a pullout sofa bed for our son. Unfortunately, when we got to our room there was no sofa bed. The staff did find us a different room but the whole place looked dingy and dirty. Breakfast was a disappointment too - not much to choose from - we went to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank cislots
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We really enjoyed our brief stay here. The room was a good size with great beds and 2 easy chairs as well as a mini fridge. The room decor was elegant and the price was very reasonable. The breakfast menu was varied and the breakfast room was cheerful and bright.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#16 of 26 in College Park
Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park

Been to Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!