“Ridiculously Nasty with Incompetent Staff & Management!”

Red Carpet Inn Airport West
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in College Park
College Park, GA
“Ridiculously Nasty with Incompetent Staff & Management!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

These rooms were horribily maintained. The staff do not speak english and while changing the spreads put them on the floor. Also the mattresses had blood stains and were down right filthy in conjunction the bathroom swelled from moisture and the doors and the windows, curtains, floors all craved attention. The driver/maintenance man is extremely rude. OMG! My little brother had to continually plunger the toliet stool in the second room that we had requested. After we paid our money, then they said no more smoking rooms. A horrible experience and I will never recommend anyone to go there. In fact there should be a formal investigation on the practices and cleaniness of the establishment. The people were the worst to try and communicate with as they lived on the premises too. They have no training in cleaning rooms in any shape form of or fashion. Oh yeah, claimed to have busines center over phone but upon registering, one needed a laptop etc... Go Figure! Also the pool was never opened for use because of filth, danger, and peeling paint and extremely cheap with toiletries etc.....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank destiny66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

We had to stay one night at this hotel and it was one night too many. The hotel is run down and the lobby smells really bad. Once we got in the room we turned on the heat and it smelled the room up so bad we had to turn it off and turn on the fan. We went to the lobby and asked if they could give us directions to the GWCC due to we had to leave the next morning by 6:00 a.m. The guy asked if we needed right then (as he talked on his cell phone) we told him we just needed it before we left. We never got the directions. We never seen a vending machine or an ice machine. Peopled yelled all through the night. At around 4:00 a.m. we had a man yelling outside our door "why you take my money don't do that, man" They continued to yell at each other for some time. I'm sure it was a drug deal. If possible, please don't say at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank sdkkw

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

Griffin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

I searched a website and I found this hotel. It looked nice from the site so I booked it. When I arrived, I had two rooms a smoking and non-smoking room. Let us talk about the non-smoking room it had a nice size refrigerator. The light switch did not work when you first come in. The toilet in the bathroom did not look clean it looked like it had cigarette ashes on the stool and in the toilet. The showerhead looked like a sprinkler out of your yard. They only had one bar of soap and a pack of shampoo. There was no conditioner to go with the shampoo. The beds are uncomfortable and the pillows are hard. While in the smoking room, one bed had a sinkhole in the middle of it. When my friends pulled back the covers on their beds there was money in it. (Means who ever cleaned the room did not clean it up well). The heating machine would not stay on long once it was turned. Last, I did not know it was right by the airport we heard airplanes the whole night. Last, if you wanted ice or snacks you had to walk half way around the hotel to find the ice and vending area. In my opinion, this hotel is not worth anybody time or money. If you have a chance to go somewhere else, I would take that chance.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Babycakes21
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2008

We had to stay over night in Atlanta b/c of a missed connection at the airport. The shuttle driver persuaded us to stay at this hotel instead of another. We regret this decision. Our first room had a live cat stuck in the walls, the owners did not speak English, or even Spanish. We were told there was wifi in the room when we checked in, but it is only in the lobby. The bed was horrible and location is loud. If you have other options, take those instead of staying here for even one night.

• Liked — We got out alive
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank lizabethvc
south carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2007

I arrived on a Friday night w/ reservations and when I checked in my room it was nasty!! The bed had a stain on the sheets and mattress that looked like pee and was 3 feet in diameter!! I went to the lobby and asked for a second room and it actually had a blood stain on the floor about 4 feet in size with a footprint in it!! Needless to say I checked out and had a hard time getting a credit. I will never go back and I may never use choice hotels again!! Avoid this location!!

• Liked — Leaving!!
  • Disliked — The Filth
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cosmojames
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park

Been to Red Carpet Inn Airport West? Share your experiences!