All reviews cinnamon rolls front desk atlanta airport yogurt shuttle driver stayed one night stay overnight nice breakfast the breakfast area comfortable room domestic terminal nice stay clean hotel free shuttle an early flight soundproofing airplane
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My friend and I booked this hotel for the end of our holiday; we were flying out from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson and picked this hotel purely on its price and location. we were very pleasently surprised; we'd been expected budget, get-what-you-pay-for basics but instead we found a very plush, smart hotel.

It's clearly geared more towards business trips and those flying into or out of Hartsfield-Jackson, but if that description suits you then I can definitely reccomend this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful, assisting us in getting to the nearest Walmart so we could stock up on last minute candy to take home; the breakfast was fantastic, reall All-American stuff and a great way to end the holiday; and the rooms were very clean, the beds HUGE (we had a twin room with a double bed each) and extremely comfortable.

Despite being so close to the airport and busy highways we weren't disturbed by noise at all. The hotel also had a computer room with a PC and high-speed internet available for guests, so we were able to do our online check-in the night before departure.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2011

After reading fairly good reviews of this hotel, I booked a room for one night with a very good rate.

As I drove to this hotel, I needed to park my car on my arrival to the hotel. Due to bad weather and holiday traffic, I arrived at the hotel around midnight. The parking was already full and I had to park just outside of parking lots. It was not only me but I saw probably more than 10 cars parking outside of parking lots.

At the reception, the lady was not so friendly, she was just doing what she needed to do. No smile or greetings when I checked in.

The room was okay, nothing special. It is just an ordinary Holiday Inn room, that's what I thought. The room charge was very reasonable, and we needed just a room to sleep, so we are just happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed at your hotel on December 20, 2010, as we were stranded at the Atlanta Airport due to a mechanical problem with our airplane. Delta Airlines was kind enough to put us up at a nearby hotel until our flight the next morning. We were traveling with our four children, ages 7 to 21.

At the airport, before we looked for your hotel shuttle, we called your hotel to inquire as to when the next shuttle would be coming. We were informed that they would be there to pick all six of us up in 20 minutes.

The weather was freezing cold as we stood outside where we were asked to wait. After an hour of patiently waiting, the children began to cry as they were SO cold...we tried huddling up together to keep them warm. We noticed that other drivers from other hotels came and left several times while we were waiting. Finally, another driver, I believe from the Hampton?, felt sorry for us and offered us a free ride to our hotel in his shuttle. He told us that he noticed us standing outside for 1-1/2 hours as he arrived and left with his customers. We thanked him profusely, and accepted his ride to the Holiday Inn Express.

When we were dropped off at the front door, we noticed YOUR hotel shuttle parked by the front door, empty, and without a driver. This was upsetting to us and the many people riding with us.

We were third in line to check in. This process took at least 45 minutes as the front desk clerk informed everyone that he didn't have enough room key cards, and that his manager was going to have to bring him some. As we waited, more than 40 people were lining up behind us...upset, tired and frustrated. The front desk clerk noticed this problem and offered everyone in line a free snack from the little snack shop adjacent to the front desk.

I noticed a Caucasion gentleman who appeared to be our "driver" by the front desk, and informed him that we were all frustrated that no one bothered to pick us up. He was very defensive and rude to me, and said that he only picks customers up once an hour and that he was there a half an hour ago, honked his horn a couple of times, and no one got in his shuttle. This is completely untrue, as MANY folks were waiting at the airport, scouring the parking lot for your shuttle, and no one bothered to pick us up. I personally believe he was on a cigarette break.

At this time, a woman approached the Caucasion man and asked if it were true that we were offered free snacks for our inconvenience. He told her "no" and that she would have to pay for anything she took out of the little shop. I informed him that the desk clerk offered a free snack to everyone in line, and he was rude to me again.

Finally, an hour after waiting in line, we headed to our rooms. Because we are a large family, we received two rooms, #411 and #409. Room #411 smelled like cigarette smoke, although you have a no smoking policy, and Room #409 smelled like urine. I felt so badly for our children as they were staying in Room #409....but wasn't about to go stand in back of the long line of people to change rooms. It was already approaching midnight, and the children were exhausted.

I tried to call Marcus, the hotel owner/manager from our phone in Room #411 FOUR times (they leave you an extension number to leave a message) but the phone cord was shorting out, and kept disconnecting me. I filled out a comment card and left it at the front desk, but doubt that he received it. Personally, I feel that the comment cards should be mailed to the appropriate person to ensure they arrive.

The only good part of the hotel was the breakfast. The kids had a nice breakfast before we departed.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, and I am going to ask Delta to refer stranded fliers to better hotels.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank thevandys
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today about your recent stay at our hotel. This response is to simply re-cap our conversation in the same manner I received your comments.

I did receive your comments through Holiday Inn’s Guest Relations department as well as seeing them posted at TripAdvisor.com. Your specific, timely feedback is very much appreciated as we strive to constantly improve our service.

Your particular stay reads like a comedy of errors as you and your family were subjected to a long wait in the cold at the airport, a longer wait to get checked into your room and then a defective telephone and a mysterious odor. I apologize that this was your experience at our hotel. As a father of 9 children I understand the logistical circus of traveling with children and situations like yours take on epic proportions when the small children reach their limit.

I have personally inspected room 409 to identify any odors. Unfortunately, my housekeeper and I both have minor colds and couldn’t smell anything, but we are deep cleaning the room anyways. The telephone in room 411 was defective and has been replaced.

While the physical problems in the rooms were unacceptable, I am most disturbed by the reactions of my staff to the unexpected heavy arrivals. Our shuttle should be picking up at the airport every 30 minutes. The driver’s argumentative approach to your concerns is not tolerable and I will take disciplinary actions.

I know that you were not here by choice, but as a result of an airline delay. I hope that you will decide to give our hotel another try. It would give me great pleasure to prove that Southern Hospitality is alive and well.

Marcus Roberts, CHA
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
4601 Best Road, College Park, GA 30337
(P) 404-324-4180 (F) 404-763-3267
"Genuine People Delivering Real Service"

Reviewed December 4, 2010

Stayed at this fantastic property in transit, on the way home from Vacation. The tremendous service we experienced from the staff was quite unexpected even though I had read fellow Tripadvisor comments and thought I knew what to expect.

From the pleasant and helpful check-in we received, the housekeeping staff who actually said good morning, smiled at us and seemed to mean it, the wonderful lady who took pride in the extremely tidy and well-stocked breakfast area, the woman who checked us out with effeciency and a genuine smile to the shuttle driver who seemed to actually like his job, this was a WOW experience all the way through! We had been on a cruise but the sincerity and service actually made us feel like we never left the ship.

The rooms were well appointed and clean, beds were comfy, pillows come in soft and firm and it was relatively quiet throughout.

The 24 hour shuttle leaves every half hour and not only will it take you to the airport but any of the restaurants close by, as well. It's a five minute cab ride to the hotel if you choose ($10) so very convenient in every respect.

Highly recommended and many thanks to the Tripadvisor community for steering us to the right place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

This hotel is great. Kind and speedy clerk, very clean, great shower head, smoking room didn't smell, small but good workout room with tv, very nice dining area for the best continental breakfast I've ever had. Biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, omelettes with cheese, yogurts, milks, fresh fruit, coffee tea, and more-very well laid out and very clean. desk in room, better than most towels. Treated us well even though we were on an airport voucher for just one night. Felt like a safe area too.

• Stayed: December 2010