“Service is Absolutely Super!”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clemson, South Carolina
“Service is Absolutely Super!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn last week for 4 nights while exhibiting at a trade show in the George World Congress Center (GWCC). When I when outside to drive to the GWCC the first morning I discovered one of my rear tires was flat. I asked the desk clerk to try to find someone who could change the tire while I was away at the trade show (I took a hotel shuttle to the airport and caught Marta to the GWCC). The clerk was unable to find anyone who would come out to change the tire in the cold rainy weather so the manager had one of the maintenance crew change the tire while I was away. I asked what the charges were and the manager said "no charge"! I left a nice tip for the maintenance worker anyway but I can't way enough about how helpful everyone at the hotel was.

By the way, the bed was VERY comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. I couldn't have been more pleased!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you John for your feedback.

I am glad we were able to help you out with the tire. Please contact me the next time you are coming to the area and I will make sure to personally handle your reservations.

gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is one of the cleanest and friendliest Hotels around. Plenty of secure parking, quiet rooms, exceptional breakfast, convenient shuttle and easy access. The staff are well trained and knowlegable. Restaurants are nearby. When we checked in at 11:00 PM...we were met by Rainey, who acted like we were neighbors...so lively and caring at almost midnight...sheesh...All the employees speak with a friendly attitude when we would pass them...Another employee especially stood out...A lady named Jewettee Mcneal....she engaged in a conversation like she knew me, while helping numerous guests. When I travel, i like to feel that the people running the desk, cleaning my room, cooking my food and driving the shuttle actually care about me and they SHOW IT !!! Can't go wrong here!

Room Tip: Same as any hotel...away from elevators and ice machine.
1 Thank beye2020
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you Beye2020 for another great review.

The biggest compliment you have given us is your repeat business. Let me know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better.

Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Very convenient location near the airport. Shuttle runs 24/7 every half hour. The front desk staff at this hotel is without question the friendliest I have ever encountered. Rooms are typical for HI express. Only issue is a lack of electrical outlets for charging electronics. They need to upgrade the desk area to allow for multiple chargers. Also need to add outlets to the lamps near the bed to allow for a cell phone CPAP machine etc. Parking is $3-4 less than at the airport or other local lots and the shuttle is fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you Martin for your timely feedback!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our airport shuttle. We are working to add charging stations to all of our rooms and I hope you will see the difference the next time you are in the area.

Thanks again!

Malvern Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a typical holiday inn. Good bed and reasonable self service breakfast -clean sheets and soft towels lots of products in the room and extras like an iron radio tv cafe facilities pen paper magazines the down side is that it is a long way from the airport (a car is needed!) but they do run a very effective bus shuttle service but it's a pain to find the stops at the airport took us lots of questions it's not very clear from the international airport hub. They don't pick up there. You have to get another shuttle to the internal/domestic hub! And the other frustrating thing is there is No restaurant /meal service in the evening so once you've got there - there is nothing to do or eat! But they do lay on another shuttle service to 9 local restaurants and will pick up! If u can be bothered.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Lesley C for your feedback!

I apologize for the confusion regarding shuttle service to the International Terminal. I agree that the set-up is not intuitive and we need to do a better job of communicating this through our reservations information.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time your travels bring you through Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was a regular here at this hotel as a Commuter who pays to park in their lot.

I want to start out by first saying that the Hotel front desk staff and the shuttle drivers are awesome people and great employees.
My problem happened when I flew back from NY and found that my vehicle was not where I had left it the week before. I looked all around the property just incase I had parked it else where, no luck. It was gone. I notified the front desk and they told the manager, I called the police and the hotel manager came out after the police had arrived. Pretty much leaving me alone for over twenty minutes waiting.
I showed the police and Marcus Roberts the manager where my vehicle was parked and pointed out the broken window of a car parked next to where mine was. It was odd that this was in the middle of the day during the week and in supposed view of the security cameras.
To shorten this story some, Mr. Roberts beat around the bush about reviewing the tapes, he gave the police and later on my Insurance Company's agent the run around also.
I never got any answers, the tape was never shown to anyone of authority. I got my vehicle back but I was made to feel like it was my fault by Mr. Roberts.
I never got a sorry, I was offered a hotel room for the night, big deal. I live in this town, I got a ride home.
Never heard back from anyone at the Hotel.
I was a paid guest at their lot for over a year. Thats $6. a day at least 4 days a week.
You do the math.
I would not suggest staying there based on the fact that IF something were to happen to you the manager will not give a crap.
End of story.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Mr Johnson:

I can't begin to apologize for the perception I created in regards to this incident. I am extremely sorry that your vehicle was stolen from our parking lot: first because of the impact this had on you as our guest, and secondly as this reflects poorly on the neighborhood with the presence of criminal activity.

While you were waiting for the police I was reviewing the tapes and found nothing. The vehicle was not parked in an area that was visible by camera. Over the next week I spent 2 to 3 hours reviewing the tapes that show the exit gate and also found nothing. I shared this information with the police and offered them free access to my surveillance tapes. I also shared this with your insurance agent who came in during an extremely busy time unannounced. He left a business card with no phone number on it.

Once again I know that I did not follow up with you in a timely manner and to ensure your satisfaction with our attention to this issue and for this I apologize. The offer of a free room was a gesture of good will as I didn't want you to be stuck because of the unexpected lack of transportation.

If there is anything else I can do for you in regards to this event or to further apologize please do not hesitate to contact me.

auburn, al
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here for a night before our flight to Vegas for our honeymoon. The hotel is very clean, parking is free and the staff is super nice. Even fully booked in a snow storm the service was superb. You can also order food from some local spots. Its cheap and good. Good location right by the airport and I-85. Bed was nice as well as the tv. The General Manager Marcus truly cares about customer service and treated us extra special for our special weekend. I would suggest a stay here over the 4 star hotels near by.

Room Tip: Use the hotel parking and bus to the airport. Its way better pricing.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank auburnnole
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I hope you and your bride had a wonderful time in Vegas and wish you much happiness!

Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Last minute decision to book by airport. Got a fantastic rate, so we figured "its just for one night." Surprised we were when we arrived. Clean, comfortable lobby/waiting area. Check-in was beyond fast and we were even given tips .. shuttle bus will take you to restaurants within 5 miles of airport, we were even presented with a list of them - including fast food! I do have a word of caution - when I first looked room up I actually was looking at reviews of another Holiday Inn Express which Im guessing is on the other side of the highway. In the lobby there was a group that had actually GONE to the wrong Holiday Inn Express .. so just be careful what shuttle you are taking from airport.
Rooms were clean, no frills. Given a king without any additional cost. Seemed like in this day of electronics we didnt have enough outlets in our room so found ourselves unplugging lamps and such.
They offer complimentary breakfast, which included biscuits and gravy, sausage links and eggs! Shuttles to airport are prompt which is great for those who schedule, as we do, our travel plans down to the minute. A delightful experience here wouldn't hesitate to book again. Free Wi-fi and parking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MNatp
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and have found your new 'go to' hotel for the Atlanta Airport! I appreciate you pointing out to be careful about getting to the right hotel. There are 2 Holiday Inn Express hotels as well as 2 Holiday Inn hotels in the airport area which can be confusing.

We are in the process of adding more outlets to our rooms as several guests have mentioned the same issue.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!