“Great Location Close To The Airport”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We Spent One Night At This Hotel On Our Way To Belize City, Belize. This Hotel Is About 5 to 7 Minutes From The Atlanta Airport. It Has A Very Good And Convenient Shuttle Service To The Airport. Breakfast Was Very Good, Hot, And Fresh. There Are Two Free/Complimentary Use Computer Terminals For Internet Usage. Our Hotel Room Was Spacious And Clean. Our Bed Was Very Comfortable And Our Bathroom Was Spacious And Clean. All Of The Staff At This Hotel Were Very Professional, Nice, Helpful, And Friendly. Downtown Atlanta Is Only About 20 Minutes From This Hotel And A Couple Of Interstate Highways Are Close By. We Stayed At This Hotel Earlier This Year, We Came Back Again, And Will Come Back Again The Next Time We Come To Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your feedback.

I am glad that our location and amenities worked well for your trip to Atlanta and look forward to seeing you again.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were changed by our travel agent to this hotel, which is a poor comparison. The rooms are very clean, the facilities the most basic you can expect, although free coffee on tap and water (when filled) in the Lobby. The store is very basic, there isn't a restaurant on site, there is an express breakfast which isn't bad quaility however the staff are very slow to restock it so on my second (forced) visit there I ended up with a bowl of cereal and one slice of toast. A member of our tour had to go into the kitchen herself to request for milk as there wasn't a drop available. You are on the flight path here so expect severe noise take your earplugs if you are a light sleeper like me.

There is a free shuttle to get you to the local area, however there is not alot to pick from either Ruby Tuesdays or Joes Grill. Go for Ruby Tuesdays!! When we visited Joes Grill the police were called to clear 2 groups of girls, that was only at 7pm on a Friday, the service is poor too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you kazzrobo for your review.

While I am glad that you rated us highly for cleanliness I am disappointed that you were not pleased with your stay. It appears that you were a part of the tour group that was moved to our hotel from another downtown hotel. I am sorry that the room accommodations did not meet your expectations, and that the dinner choices were more limited than the downtown option.

I also apologize that we did not anticipate the later departure for the second stay and keep our breakfast open later than normal. This created the situation of hungry guests and a buffet that was not fully stocked. I apologize for this lapse in attentiveness.

I do hope that you will allow our brand and specifically out hotel another chance to earn your loyalty if your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent one night at HI Express and left our car as we flew out of Atlanta. ALL the staff were great - Quwahana, Indiaka, Raoul - friendly, with helpful attitudes. The accommodations were wonderful. We will definitely stay there again if flying out of Atlanta as leaving car right at hotel was less expensive than leaving in airport lot.

Room Tip: Rooms must have great soundproofing. could not hear any noise from planes even though just a mile or...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Karen!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will definitely pass along your kind words to the team. I am lucky to work with such great individuals.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service during your next stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by extremely helpful and friendly staff who welcomed me and my little dog. Got to a very clean room that I have no complaints about. The bed was firm and pillows were marked soft or firm which is helpful. The housekeeping staff was just as friendly and I would definitely stay again. Considering I am fairly picky this says a lot.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Kathryn P for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post your review.

Please let me know if I can be of service for your next stay!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is well used, and only good for a one night stay if need be. Staff very friendly, morning breakfast average, but most of all, this place needs some TLC. Rooms not being properly cleaned, carpets dirty, and even had a missing a piece of threshold floor strip between tile and carpet exposing the carpet tack strip with nails, exactly where you walk, between the bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom space for two people is very small, and beds uncomfortable.
Pros: The staff are friendly, service was good, and they provide shuttle service to airport and local restaurants.
Cons: Old, dirty, and wore out. Hotel maintenance and cleaning people need to be more thorough, and do a better job.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Posttime

Thank you Posttime for the feedback.

I am glad that you had a positive experience in regards to the service of our staff and the convenience of our location. I am disappointed that the condition and cleanliness of the carpet was not up to standard during your stay. I am especially concerned about the exposed tack strip and will be searching for and correcting that immediately. After a busy summer season the hallways and lobby needed attention and so we just had the carpets steam-cleaned last week. I should not have waited until they were noticeably in need of attention and I apologize for this delay.

I will be messaging you offline to get more specifics about your stay so that I can correct any lingering issues and to redeem our reputation in your eyes.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here one night after arriving from London. Typical HI Express - breakfast included was fair and had a decent selection. Rooms were of the usual standard for HI Ex in the States - rather old fashioned looking with very dim lighting but otherwise a good choice. Well looked after as being part of their IHG Rewards Gold club

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you BazandBabs for your review.

I see that you are well-traveled and therefore I am especially pleased that you felt well taken care of. We do appreciate your loyalty as a Gold IHG Rewards member and look forward to serving you in the future.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service during your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I studied the hotel offerings around the Atlanta airport long and hard before picking this one, and I picked well. This hotel is soundproofed against airport noise, and you will need it as the approach to the runway is overhead. Inside the hotel and in the rooms, we heard NOTHING. Amazing.

In addition, this hotel has one of the best free breakfast buffets I have seen in a long time in this class of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you JHR!

Your feedback shows that people do rely on reviews more and more to make their buying decisions. I am glad that we lived up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay.

Come back for a cinnamon roll anytime!

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
#5 of 26 in College Park
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!