“Amazing staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent one night at HI Express and left our car as we flew out of Atlanta. ALL the staff were great - Quwahana, Indiaka, Raoul - friendly, with helpful attitudes. The accommodations were wonderful. We will definitely stay there again if flying out of Atlanta as leaving car right at hotel was less expensive than leaving in airport lot.

Room Tip: Rooms must have great soundproofing. could not hear any noise from planes even though just a mile or...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you Karen!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will definitely pass along your kind words to the team. I am lucky to work with such great individuals.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service during your next stay.

gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by extremely helpful and friendly staff who welcomed me and my little dog. Got to a very clean room that I have no complaints about. The bed was firm and pillows were marked soft or firm which is helpful. The housekeeping staff was just as friendly and I would definitely stay again. Considering I am fairly picky this says a lot.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Kathryn P for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post your review.

Please let me know if I can be of service for your next stay!

Mt Holly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is well used, and only good for a one night stay if need be. Staff very friendly, morning breakfast average, but most of all, this place needs some TLC. Rooms not being properly cleaned, carpets dirty, and even had a missing a piece of threshold floor strip between tile and carpet exposing the carpet tack strip with nails, exactly where you walk, between the bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom space for two people is very small, and beds uncomfortable.
Pros: The staff are friendly, service was good, and they provide shuttle service to airport and local restaurants.
Cons: Old, dirty, and wore out. Hotel maintenance and cleaning people need to be more thorough, and do a better job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Posttime
Thank you Posttime for the feedback.

I am glad that you had a positive experience in regards to the service of our staff and the convenience of our location. I am disappointed that the condition and cleanliness of the carpet was not up to standard during your stay. I am especially concerned about the exposed tack strip and will be searching for and correcting that immediately. After a busy summer season the hallways and lobby needed attention and so we just had the carpets steam-cleaned last week. I should not have waited until they were noticeably in need of attention and I apologize for this delay.

I will be messaging you offline to get more specifics about your stay so that I can correct any lingering issues and to redeem our reputation in your eyes.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here one night after arriving from London. Typical HI Express - breakfast included was fair and had a decent selection. Rooms were of the usual standard for HI Ex in the States - rather old fashioned looking with very dim lighting but otherwise a good choice. Well looked after as being part of their IHG Rewards Gold club

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you BazandBabs for your review.

I see that you are well-traveled and therefore I am especially pleased that you felt well taken care of. We do appreciate your loyalty as a Gold IHG Rewards member and look forward to serving you in the future.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service during your next trip to Atlanta.

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I studied the hotel offerings around the Atlanta airport long and hard before picking this one, and I picked well. This hotel is soundproofed against airport noise, and you will need it as the approach to the runway is overhead. Inside the hotel and in the rooms, we heard NOTHING. Amazing.

In addition, this hotel has one of the best free breakfast buffets I have seen in a long time in this class of hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you JHR!

Your feedback shows that people do rely on reviews more and more to make their buying decisions. I am glad that we lived up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay.

Come back for a cinnamon roll anytime!

McGregor, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Missing our flight to Peru, we had to stay overnight in Atlanta. Having never been in Atlanta before, we searched out at the airport our hotel options. Fortunately, we called the Holiday Inn Express which picked us up at the airport in their free shuttle and even took us to a nearby restaurant for dinner and shopping. Sat on their relaxing patio overlooking a ski competition on the lake.Very convenient and accommodating. Used their guest computers to reschedule our travel itinerary. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Great price! Exceeded expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryAnn D
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for this excellent review.

While I am very glad you enjoyed your visit this review actually belongs to the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Airport West which is located on Princeton Lakes Pkwy. The view from our hotel includes Jumbo Jets, but no Jet-skis!

Hope you had a pleasant trip to Brazil.

Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

When you stay at a hotel near the airport you simply want value, a decent night's sleep, and get on to your travel. We got that and more. The people at the hotel were very nice. The hotel at $92 including taxes was a very good value compared to its competition. When you add breakfast, a free shuttle, and a clean room, you get a place that meets or exceeds expectations.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you David for your feedback!

I am glad to read that you found everything you needed and more in our hotel and will share your comments with my team.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service the next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!