All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskatlanta airportshuttle driverstayed one nightstay overnightnice breakfastthe breakfast areacomfortable roomdomestic terminalyogurtnice stayclean hotelfree shuttlean early flighthiesoundproofing
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel on the fly during our road trip. It was conveniently located just off I-85. The front desk agents were very friendly, the bed was comfortable and the amenities overall were typical of a HIE. We were amazed that the planes screaming by outside were blocked out by the soundproofing inside. Just a few minor quibbles:

1. The handicapped parking was on the right side of the building yet they had a sign on the right side entrance encouraging mobility-challenged people to come in the *front* entrance.

2. My wife found the bathroom toilet to be set too low. I can see where she is coming from. She also felt the tub could have used more handrails.

3. The room could use more electrical outlets, especially on the left-side nightstand facing the bed. As it was, the lamp on said nightstand was plugged into an outlet in the middle of the bed and kept falling out.

Overall, we had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you Tony for choosing our hotel during your recent road trip.

I am glad that you were pleased overall with your stay and greatly appreciate your constructive criticism. I just went and looked at the sign that you mentioned and agree that it makes no sense! I have walked past that sign for four years and never thought twice about it. Thanks for your fresh perspective.

I will also be working with my housekeeping and maintenance staff to address the other issues you brought up. Thank you for taking the time to post these comments!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just 5 minutes from the airport great after and before a long flight. We stayed here twice. On landing at Atlanta and on leaving. The room was a little small but it was very clean , the beds are so comfortable and it is quiet, you wouldn't know you were so near an airport. The breakfast was great and was quickly replenished. The staff are wonderfully friendly and so very helpful. We enjoyed the complimentary bag of goodies on check in, its very thoughtful. As we travel with a mobility scooter we need extra help on the shuttle bus therefore I would like to thank Michael for all the assistance he gave us. When we return to Atlanta, we will certainly be staying at this hotel.

2  Thank JBLANCASHIREUK
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you JBlancashire for your timely and thorough review!

Your biggest compliment to us is your continued loyalty. I will publicly recognize Michael for his extra efforts in making you comfortable on the airport shuttle,

Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance for your next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you need an inexpensive motel near the Atlanta Airport, this one fills the bill nicely. Although planes continually fly over it, you never know it because the rooms are so quiet. They have the usual amenities: iron/board, 2 easy chairs, wi fi access, and a table. One great touch is you can set your A/C to a specific temperature, not just the old hot/cold or something in between. Check in/out is a breeze, and the staff are very friendly, willing to answer questions about directions, times, etc. If you are a Priority Club member, you get a goody bag at check in with muffins and water. Breakfast is included and surprisingly (to me, anyway) has a large selection of cereal, muffins, drinks, etc. I have to drop my rating one notch because we left instructions for a wake-up call that never came. Luckily I am a light sleeper and was awake even before the time I had indicated. Overall, a good value and a place I can recommend.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, and I can't really say that our rooms were any quieter than others. There didn't seem to be a large number of guests the night we were there, so there was no noise from the hallway.
1  Thank David A
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you Buckmode for the very detailed review of our hotel. It looks like you enjoyed everything the hotel had to offer and were treated well by our staff.

I do apologize that your wake-up call was not completed as requested. I have double-checked our system to make sure there are no mechanical or computer problems and found none. I can only assume it was human error on our part and will review our procedures with the team at the front desk to make sure this does not happen again. I am glad you woke up on your own and didn't miss anything important.

Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more comfortable.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff was so friendly and helpful. They took care of all of our needs. The hotel itself was going through a remodel, so it wasn't anything special. Breakfast was very good and had a large selection. The pool wasn't open when we were there, which was kind of disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Jennifer for taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad that you found the staff friendly and helpful and that we took care of all of your needs. I do regret that the pool was not open during your stay: I always try to get the pool open by the first of May, but this year we had to install a lift in order to comply with new ADA regulations and this delayed our opening.

I do hope that you return the next time you are in the area as I hope to turn your "ok for the price" into something more like "Fantastic for the price!" or just simply "Fantastic".

Hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

With the Airport so near, the Holiday Inn Express offered the consistent amenities that a Holiday Inn has. Service was good and rooms where adequately sized. It was thoughtful to have amenities/toiletries present as I forgot my shaving razor and cream. Good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you glennroymd for your feedback.

I am glad that our convenient location was a benefit to you and that we were able to provide a razor and shaving cream. The last time I traveled by plane I had to throw away my regular sized shaving cream and shave with soap for a few days so I know how important these personal toiletries can be.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you are in the Atlanta Airport area.