“No Complaints”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here while attending a veteran's event nearby. The property was clean and well kept. Rainey, the front desk employee, was so accommodating to some special requests I had asked for upon my arrival. She fixed me up with a friendly smile and was very courteous even though the phone was ringing and people were waiting to check in. She handled it all so well. The room was clean and sufficient for my stay. The internet was fast. The pool area was well kept and had enough pool chairs for everyone in our group who lounged at the pool on Saturday afternoon. The breakfast was very good. It offered fruit and yogurt for a healthy meal, and eggs, biscuits and gravy for anyone that wanted something more substantial. Overall, this property was good. I would recommend it to anyone flying into or out of Atlanta if they needed to overnight near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gillsville
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thanks Gillsville for posting your feedback.

We were all excited to welcome your group back to the hotel as we appreciate the service you have all performed for our country. Chatting with your members is always a treat as you are dedicated to preserving an important piece of our history.

I am glad that Rainey made you feel welcome and will make sure to recognize her in our next employee meeting.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time your group is in town.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Moved here from another chain because of issues. I have stayed here in the past and felt it was a good property to stay with. This time I was struck by the courtesy and helpfulness of the front desk and everyone I encounted from the first entering the doorway.
The front desk person ( sorry I cannot remember the name ) that assisted was very friendly, helpful and exhibited a customer service attitude that is not seen much any more. From there I went to the restaurant lounge and had a meal. The service there was also exceptional compared to other chains I have stayed with. Deborah, the lady the worked the bar, helped me with drinks and and a food order. I asked for something a little different than on the menu. Deborah talked to the cook and came back telling me the cook would prepare the food as I requested. These events were just a sample of the above average customer service I received while staying at this property. Deborah did an AWESOME job for me at the bar. Everyone in this property has a great personality and a customer service attitude. Stay there if you can!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms can hear the jets from Atlanta airport, although not too badly
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you KBD for posting your comments!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that the employees made you feel special. I will be sharing your feedback in our staff meeting later today.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Check in was easy ,the whole staff was great,rooms clean,no complaints or problems to report. I stayed there after reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor.com, I will be going back . I only wished they had healthy items at breakfast such as fruit, but I did enjoy their breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for posting your feedback.

It is really encouraging to know that you enjoyed your stay. I am grateful to all of the travelers who take the time to share their experience and I will be reviewing your comments with the entire team in our next employee meeting.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel offers free parking which is a big plus close to the airport.

Bed was comfy and, but some of the room furniture is in need of repair, that is the only reason i am not rating as 4 (desk chair was broken, leaned sideways when sat on and lounge chair has rip in it.

This hotel is located very close to the domestic terminal of Atlanta Hartsfield Int´l airport. They provide a shuttle every 30 min.

The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Since the building is close to the airport the hotal has very good nice insulated windows which makes the rooms quite.

Internet is fast and reliable.

Breakfast is accodring to Holiday Inn Express standard.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you Stbunco for not only posting your helpful feedback, but also for taking a picture of the damaged chair.

I apologize that this furniture was still in service even though it has obvious damage. This looks like a cigarette burn which is unfortunate since we are a non-smoking hotel. I am having a meeting with my employees later today and will share your picture as well as your comments. I will find this chair and have it repaired as well as the wobbly desk chair in that room.

I am glad that you enjoyed the service and amenities of the hotel and hope you will return often.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff at this hotel was really good, we arrived early and our rooms were not ready yet. The front desk co-ordinated with housekeeping to get our rooms cleaned and that allowed us to check in early.

Only a short drive the airport and really good value for your money.

Lots of shopping and eating with blocks of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you Kanukster!

Your timely feedback is very much appreciated and I will share it with the entire team. I am glad our team worked together to get you checked in early and you were able to enjoy the area.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service the next time you are in town.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Pros:
* Clean common areas & rooms
* Free parking, wifi, breakfast, airport shuttle and breakfast is quite good
* Very close to airport
* A/C & plumbing work well, no issues at all
* Helpful staff

Cons:
* Room doors slam shut and walls are thin, so it's very easy to hear commotion outside at night
* A/C can be a bit loud

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you wizard for your feedback!

I am glad that you found many positive features during your stay and that overall you enjoyed the accommodations. You are not the only one who has mentioned the slamming doors and we are working on a solution.

Please let me know when you plan to return and I will let you know how successful we have been in providing a quieter door closer. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and for writing a review.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

After researching hotels convenient for our overnight stay, I am pleased to say we were more than happy with our choice.
Check in was smooth, no hold ups, we were given all the appropiate information and bid a pleasant stay.
We were in room number 328, the room overlooked part of the car parking area and also the swimming pool which was covered over, probably due to the horrendous weather!
We really enjoyed the complimentary coffee and cookies, and the breakfast was really enjoyable.
Overall a great stay and would have no hesitation in staying here again or recommending it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your timely feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Atlanta and that the hotel met your expectations. I do apologize for the unseasonable weather, but invite you to try us again sometime. Today it is sunny and 70 degrees and we are preparing to open the pool for the summer.

Please let me know the next time you are planning a trip and I will make your reservation personally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
#5 of 26 in College Park
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!