“A hotel when you arrive”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is located very close to the domestic terminal of Atlanta Hartsfield Int´l airport. They provide a shuttle every 30 mins on the hours and halv.

The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Since the building is close to the airport the hotal has very good nice insulated windows which makes the rooms quite.

The subway is about halv a mile away so that you can get downtown without any difficulties.

Internet is fast and reliable.

Breakfast is accodring to Holiday Inn Express standard.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments!

I am glad that you found our location convenient and the staff friendly. I will share your comments with the team.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you need accommodations at the Atlanta Airport.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I thought the staff was amazing! After i checked in and got up to my room, i discovered that the air conditioner did not work. they had instructions on how to use the air conditioner, but they were for a different kind of air conditioner. the temp outside was about 82 degrees when i checked in at 10 pm, so it was hot. I had some business to take care of before I went to bed , so it did not bother me that the pool was closed on such a hot day. What did bother me was that there was no way to use the internet. The dial-up internet that we used in the late 90's was faster than what I had at this hotel. it was basically un-usable.

The beds, bathroom, and television was also satisfactory.

1  Thank bigtwagner
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you Mr. Wagner for your timely and specific comments.

I am glad to know that the staff was amazing, but I share your disappointment with your guest-room experience. I was able to find a record of your stay and have been able to correct the deficiencies in room 619. The wrong instructions were still in the room and the AC was still not cooling, so I am very thankful that you posted your comments before we rented this room to someone else!

I also wanted to check the internet speed since I just spent a lot of money to upgrade our system. I am actually typing this response from the room and have a pretty fast connection (http://www.speedtest.net/result/2667072201.png)(8.98 Mbps download) through Comcast. I don't have a record of any system problems during your stay, but I have asked my isp to check things out anyways. As a Platinum Priority Club member you know that Holiday Inn Express has made internet access a high priority for our guests and ensuring a quick and seamless experience is our goal.

Thank you again for your timely post. I cannot in good conscience keep your money after the disappointing experience and have refunded the charges to your account.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I were flying out of Atlanta Airport and this location offered everything we needed: Wonderful service, remodeled comfortable rooms, airport shuttle with helpful driver, and parking for our vehicle for the week we were gone! They also serve a great breakfast but our flight was too early to benefit from it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your encouraging review.

I will make sure to share this with my team in our next employee meeting. I am sorry that you missed our Express Start breakfast. Let me know the next time you are in and I will make sure to save you a couple of cinnamon rolls.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Located near airport. We bought the stay and park package. One night stay and a week of parking. A great deal. Secured parking.

The hotel is nice. A boutique feel. Friendly, competent staff. Breakfast included, and it was very good. Room was nice. Smallish bathroom but certainly big enough for us.

The only negative is the lack of restaurant. But everything elase make up for that. This is likely our new hotel of choice when traveling out of Hartsfield.

Room Tip: No room preference.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you GeorgiaPecan for your feedback.

I am pleased that you found our location and service convenient for your out of town trip. The next time you are in please ask the front desk for a list of restaurants that our shuttle services as we bring you to some of the best eating in the South from Simon's Steak and Seafood to The Pecan and The Feed Store.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel has hosted us for the second time and the service, food and hospitality was excellent. Our company trains distributors and provides food each day of the training. Even though the hotel uses outside sources for food, the choices made were excellent and the quality of food was unmatched. The only complaint came from travelers and the round about way GPS mapped them to the hotel. Three employees stood out above and beyond their duties. Jewettee, Ms. Peggy and Davonte were excellent to work with.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you Mr A for your business as well as your positive feedback.

I am so glad that your meeting went well. I have to agree about the caterer we have been using to service our banquets and meetings: the food is simply incredible! I feel free to brag about them as it is a third-party. The quality of their food and attentiveness of their service are on par with the full service hotels in the area.

I am also glad to see that some of my employees went 'Above and Beyond'. I will make sure to publicly thank them in my next employee meeting.

We look forward to making your next meeting a success. Please contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms work desk with a real chair flat screen tv and good wireless signal. Typical holiday inn express amenities. Friendly front desk. Only down side is there is nothing around the hotel as far as walking to food. If you have a car or don't mind calling for pizza its a solid choice

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your timely review.

I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities as well as the friendly front desk. We do offer shuttle service to many local restaurants for guests without a car. The front desk or shuttle driver would be glad to give you a list of available options. Of course, calling for pizza is still one of my favorite options!

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you visit the Atlanta Airport area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was average. It's an older hotel but good for the rate I paid. Staff was friendly and the bed was comfortable. The area doesn't seem to be the safest. However, the hotel makes you use your key to use the elevator. That helped.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting about your recent stay!

Unfortunately, I think you actually stayed in a different hotel based upon your comment about the elevators. The hotel you stayed in was most likely the Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South on Airport Blvd, in College Park. We are located about a half mile away.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Atlanta!

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
#5 of 26 in College Park
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!