All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskatlanta airportshuttle driverstayed one nightstay overnightnice breakfastthe breakfast areacomfortable roomdomestic terminalyogurtnice stayclean hotelfree shuttlean early flighthiesoundproofing
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked into our room after a long day of driving from Florida. First thing that happened is the toilet wouldnt flush. Called down right away for a different room. Was told rudely, that the hotel was sold out that they would send someone up to fix it. It was late and we were very tired, my husband found that if you held the handle for a count of 30 it would finally work. So when the repair man finally came 30 minutes later, I told him to fix it after we left, we were going to bed. AS we got in bed we tried to turn on the air in the room as it was getting stuffing in there. NOW the fan/air conditioner would not turn on at all.. Called again to see what they could do for us and was told someone would be up to look at it.. My husband said forget it because its midnight by this time and we were tired. Laying in bed trying to sleep when the repairman shows up knowing on our door at 12:45! Unbelievable....Terrible service and Rude staff at this hotel...DO NOT stay there.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank classygrl
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for posting comments about your stay. I am floored by the experience you had and want to apologize for the low point of your vacation.

It is our goal to ensure everything in your room works before you check-in and I am distressed by the maintenance issues you discovered. And, it appears there was a lack of communication between the front desk and maintenance as you requested to have the problems addressed after you checked out and not in the middle of the night. I would be very upset if someone knocked on my door at 12:45 am.

I have not been able to find any specifics about your stay in order to address the specific staff members involved, but have reviewed our common sense policies with all of my overnight employees. I have also asked my housekeeping team to be more proactive in uncovering maintenance needs to ensure a spotlessly clean and well maintained hotel.

From reading your other reviews I see that you are a frequent traveler and that you have had a range of experiences in hotels. I hope that you will give us another chance to earn your loyalty so that we can be one of the 5-dot reviews in your portfolio!

Please contact me directly if I can be of service.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

A standard Holiday Inn with comfortable beds and a nice room. After my first night in Atlanta, needed a good night of sleep. Well I did not get it. There were some "people" using the term lightly with no class and no respect for others who were up till at least 3am. Numerous phone calls to the front desk and even yelling at them myself seemed to do nothing to help them understand that people are sleeping. The hotel apologized and offered dinner the first night. I really felt they should have refunded my money as I barely got any rest.

The bus driver, Zachary? excellent. The night auditor as well tried her best, so kudos to them and their customer service.

I would have rated it higher, but felt this for me is a good rating given the first night experience and compensation offered.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you KT for sharing your comments with your fellow travelers.

I am so sorry that you did not get any sleep in my hotel due to the noise from other guests. This was an impromptu Family Reunion that booked as individual reservations. We try to block reunions away from other guests as long conversations in the hallway are typical with family members who are reconnecting. However, since we didn't know this group was a group they ended up with rooms on several floors and generated many complaints!

We should have taken stronger steps to eliminate this noise and I apologize that it continued until the wee hours of the morning. I wholeheartedly agree that some form of compensation for your inconvenience should have been offered and I appreciate the creativity of my Night Auditor in offering Dinner (especially since we don't have a restaurant). Since you booked through a third-party internet site our options were limited.

I just discussed this with my Front Office Manager and we will be re-training our staff on how to quickly quiet down noisy guests to ensure all of our guests get a good night's sleep. Thank you for recognizing the staff members who impressed you during your stay. I will make sure to publicly praise them in our next staff meeting.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service on this issue or for a future stay.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Picked this hotel so that I could turn my rental car in at night, and easily get to the airport in the morning. Well, the hotel was fine, location was convenient, and there are restaurants fairly close. It took only a few minutes to get to the rental car center to return the car, so I was well set up for the next morning.

When I arrived, being a priority club member, they welcomed me with a bag that included a wrapped piece of pound cake, a bag of chips, and a bottle of water. This is the only Holiday Inn Express where I have been greeted that way.

Breakfast was good, hotel, rooms and service areas were clean. Some Holiday Inn Expresses are not this clean, so that was nice. The hotel was fairly quiet, though I did have one set of noisy neighbors, so the walls aren't soundproof.

Shuttle service to and from the airport runs about every 30 minutes, which is fine, unless you just happen to miss the shuttle, as I did. Shuttles run from the hotel on the hour and half hour. Not exactly sure when they run from the airport.

If using this hotel again, I would return the car the day of the flight. The drive to the rental car return is very quick, and there is a free elevated train between the rental car center and the airport that runs every 2 minutes. Would have been far more convenient, had I known.

The parking lot is gated, and an access code is required to exit the lot. Just an extra bit of security.

Slept well, and I don't always sleep well when traveling, so that was great.

If I fly into Atlanta again, I will probably use this same hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank re34646
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your timely review of our hotel.

I am glad that you found our location convenient and that you slept well. I get a lot of positive comments about our mattresses and about the soundproof exterior walls which work together to give you a great sleep experience.

Please contact me directly if I can be of service for a future stay.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

After driving in from Houston.this holiday inn was so worth coming too. friendly staff.clean and well designed rooms.be sure to have pancakes! You will know when you get there you will see what I mean

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mslee77

Thanks for posting about our hotel!

I agree that the pancakes are worth the trip. Just this morning a guest hit the button for 10 pancakes instead of 2 and then couldn't find the cancel button. It reminded me of Lucy and Ethel in the candy factory if you are old enough to remember "I Love Lucy". So, the staff ate some of the extras for a late breakfast and we were reminded of how good they are.

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had to overnight in Atlanta to take a morning plane. There are a million hotels near the airport to pick from and I was very pleased with it for an overnight stay. We paid $85 ($97 with all taxes). We could have gotten the room for $71 if we were willing to pay ahead with a no-cancellation clause.

There is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. It leaves at :15 after the hour and :45 after the hour. We waited for it to come and when it did not come the bus driver from the Holiday Inn took us on her bus and dropped us off after making a stop at that hotel. The hotel is very close to the airport...less than a mile?

The room was large, clean, newly furnished and had free wi-fi. There was a flat screen tv, king bed with really good firm mattress and a clean, good bathroom. There is a free breakfast that we did not take since we had to leave at 6am. They had fresh fruit at the front desk for us to take with us. Overall, I think it was a high quality Hampton Inn quality room. We requested a non-smoking room and got it.

I would have rather paid $71, but since we were flying in did not think it would be wise if our flight got cancelled. They of course do not let you "buy" the room at $71 the day of, so don't plan on getting that deal the same day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pyegirl

Thank you Pyegirl for posting your comments. I absolutely love your profile picture with the shark swimming through the wave; it reminds me of the beach where I grew up.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your brief stay and for explaining the pricing options we offer. Many people book the lower price without understanding the restrictions which can lead to dissatisfaction if they need to make a change.

I do apologize that our shuttle did not pick you up on time, but I am glad that one of our neighbors took care of you and got you to our hotel. I do monitor our shuttles using a GPS system to ensure consistent service and I will look for times during the past few weeks that may have been a problem in order to correct any issues. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention through your post.

Please call me if I can be of service.