“Another Consistent Hotel stay”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Florence, South Carolina
“Another Consistent Hotel stay”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

such nice folks, clean property inside and out, There is plenty of up close parking. We always stay here when visiting Atlanta, Easy in and out, 10-15 minute drive to downtown. Unbelievably quiet. especially so close to the Airport. Great Breakfast. We have stayed here many times and everything is always consistent. We feel secure at this hotel. We stayed two nights this time. Going to stay there at the end of February 2013 for business this time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beye2020
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks for posting comments about your most recent stay.

I appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to serving you in February.

gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The pictures accurately reflect this hotel. Downstairs lobby was clean & comfortable. Breakfast was great. The room was clean & comfortable. I stayed in a king non-smoking room & it did not have a fridge or microwave, so prepare for that. There is however, a microwave downstairs by the check-in desk.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Olivia1221
Thank you Olivia for your feedback!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, the pictures are fairly recent and show the results of our most recent renovations. You are also correct that not all of our rooms have a microwave/refrigerator; only about a third of our 162 rooms. Guests who request a micro-fridge unit are accommodated as much as possible.

Please contact me directly the next time you are in the area and I will block a room for you personally.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I got stranded in Atlanta due to Hurricane Sandy and had to spend the night. I am so glad I got this hotel. What a great place. The staff were sooooo nice, especially Vida. Great people who made the stay so nice, even though it was only one night, I felt at home. The next morning had a great breakfast and again such nice treatment from the staff Vida especially and Jewettee. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler. I got stranded once before in Atlanta and got such a horrible hotel with no breakfast. I would definitely pick this hotel if I ever had to go to Atlanta or ever got stranded again (God forbid). Anyway I meant to write this revieve 2 months ago, better late than never.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pauline G
Thank you Pauline for following up and posting this review. I am sorry that you got stuck during your travels, but glad that you had a good experience at our hotel.

I have already thanked both Vida and Jewettee for their efforts in making you comfortable and passed your comments along to the rest of the staff.

Hopefully, your next stay will be planned as Atlanta is a great place to spend a few days. Please let me know if I can assist you with reservations for your next trip.

Padua, Italy
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Although it was after midnight both the shuttle driver and receptionist were friendly and helpful. Hotel service was perfect, rooms clean and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank William M
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We get a lot of arrivals after midnight and that is why we run our shuttle 24 hours per day. Let me know if I can be of service the next time you are in the area.

Charleston, SC
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great Hotel, very modern and clean. Had a nice stay, the shguttle service was very helpful in naming restaraunts and picking us up/ dropping us off. Clean bathroom, very comfortable bed as well. Like the fact that they offer breakfast in the morning. I would certainly stay in this hotel again if I had to stay overnight in Atlanta. Very convenient to the Airport, Food, Entertainment. Lots of restaraunts and shopping within walking distance if you wanted to walk

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott S
Thank you Scott for your feedback.

I am glad you found everything to your liking. Please contact me directly if I can be of service the next time you are in the Atlanta Airport area.

Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've had good experiences at Holiday Inn in the past, but this stay didn't live up to my expectations. Airplane noise was minimal, but hallway noise was loud and we could basically hear everything including the elevators. Not a huge deal for me, but for a light sleeper this might be problematic. The issue came in the morning when I went to take a shower. There was no hot water at 8 am, only lukewarm at best, and during the shower it kept going to cold off and on, like someone was constantly flushing a toilet, making the shower barely tolerable. My boyfriend took a shower after me and experienced the same problems. While checking out a few hours later, I mentioned the issue with the water to the woman at the front desk and she hurriedly told me sorry, we'll send someone up to look at the problem and bid me to be on my way, but what good did that do me then? It was a pretty awful inconvenience to not have a basic amenity, but she did not offer any kind of discount on a future stay, reimbursement, or at the least some priority club reward points since I'm a member. I understand things go wrong all the time, but not being treated like my business is important will definitely make me skip Holiday Inn in the future and go back to Marriott where I always am made to feel valued.

Room Tip: Request a room far away from the elevators
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emily E
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your timely and honest feedback.

I am so disappointed to read about your hot water issue. There is nothing worse than a cold or lukewarm shower in the morning. Most likely this was a shower cartridge that failed and needed to be replaced. Thank you for reporting this to the Front Desk so that we were able to correct the problem.

I also share your overriding disappointment that we failed to offer any form of compensation for your inconvenience. Obviously I have not correctly trained this agent to understand how an empathetic response can make all the difference in letting you know how important your business is to our hotel. I will work with my agents to try to see these kinds of comments from the guest's perspective and to make sure that they do everything possible to make things right.

Marriott is a great brand and I am sure you will be happy with their hotels. However, if you will give us another chance to earn your business I believe you will find tremendous value and a commitment to your satisfaction with Holiday Inn Express.

I would love the opportunity to correct this situation to your satisfaction and to make sure that the mechanical problem has been repaired. Please contact me directly at your convenience if you are willing to provide more details.

Long Island NY
Reviewed November 9, 2012

post Sandy in ny, business to do in atlanta, now a nor easter in ny. cannot get home so I call holiday inn express and there it is a king size bed with ac and heat. and the best front desk associates that made my impromtu stay enjoyable.
complimentary shuttle to restaurants , sports bar and the airport. clean comfortable, affordable and the place you want to be when left to stay in Atlanta. Long live the Express locations.

Room Tip: get the king and get it away from the elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JokerLongIslandNY
Thank you Joker for your feedback!

I am glad that we were able to provide a comfortable spot for you to weather the storm. I hope life is getting back to normal for you.

Please let me know if I can be of service the next time you need a room in Atlanta!

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!