Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport Marriott(College Park)
$116
$120
$109
$99
  • Pool
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskhi expressatlanta airportshuttle driverspent one nightstay overnightnice breakfastnice stayyogurtfree breakfastthe breakfast areagreat customer servicean early flightfree shuttlepeggysoundproofing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2012

i arrived early around 8am and checked in early. You can tell that the hotel has been made over... Hotel is close to the Airport which is a plus. I dont think i will stay here again and i didn't see the difference between the rooms they offer. With a disability i didn't find this hotel comfortable at all.. I'm back home in pain now trying to get better for my trip to thailand and singapore and will pay more for a comfortable user friendly room... the hotel staff was the best i've seen for a while.. I would only come back for the excellent customer service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bigboss206
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My daughter was stranded at the airport late one night. She was frightened as the airport became more and more deserted. As she was trying to reach the person who was suppose to pick her up, I went online looking for a hotel where she could stay. D'Angelique was so helpful and kind. She told me about the shuttle and said she would make sure the driver knew to pick my daughter up. I want to make sure D'Angelique is recognized for going above and beyond in the customer service department!!! THANK YOU !!

p.s. I was also pleased that it wasn't going to cost a fortune for an emergency hotel room near the airport!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank nancy2907
Reviewed August 15, 2012

There are two very different sides to this hotel to consider. If what you are looking for is a clean bed and a shuttle to the airport this is not a bad place; very close to the airport and rates are reasonable. Staff is friendly and the breakfast is typical. On the other hand if you are a business traveler dependent upon good visitor access to the hotel and good connections to WIFI then go on down the street quickly. This is a gated parking lot so access for business pickup is difficult. What is worse is the WIFI in the hotel rivals the old AOL dial-up for slowness. 30 minutes in the Business Center to get a boarding pass while watching the grass grow under the old computer - never again!!!! WIFI access in the rooms is just a slow so if WIFI is needed to connect to the office look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill M
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you Bill for your timely and candid review of our hotel.

I am pleased that you found the staff to be friendly, the location convenient, and the rates reasonable.

I do apologize for the 'slow-as-molasses' wifi during your stay! We have experienced some significant challenges in this area for the past month that I am working on with our network provider. When I upgraded our bandwidth to 20mb last year I assumed that would last for awhile. But, with every guest carrying at least one if not multiple devices that access our network we will be upgrading again to keep up with demand. I should have this solved within the next few weeks and hope you will give us another chance to earn your business.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in the area if I can be of service.

Marcus Roberts
(404) 324-4180
gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was an overall decent property, but owners need to pay a little more attention to detail and care about customer experience.

The lobby was nice, although a bit busy the night I arrived and check-in staff were great. I was surprised at how small the hotel room was for being in GA; the bathroom was extra small with the tub and toilet in small room and the sink out by entrance to room.

The furnishings and decor were typical Holiday Inn Express, had a decent sized LCD but did lack some basic television channels that one of the kids usually watches, but for a 2 queen room it worked for 3 people.

Hotel is right under the flight path for planes departing Hartsfield-Jackson so you've been warned. This major fact is why hotel isn't a recommendation and why management needs to offer more for the money and amount of noise.

Pool is outdoors and GA (all of GA) is buggy and muggy in the summer so good luck. The exercise room needed some major help; the a/c didn't work although there was a cheap floor fan in there it didn't help much, and equipment was on the old side.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank travel94531

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent stay. I am pleased to see that you found the staff great and the location convenient.

I do apologize that your stay was less than satisfying due to the layout and amenities of the hotel. I can assure you that I take your concerns seriously and will address the things that can be addressed as quickly as possible. The AC unit in the fitness center is scheduled for replacement in a few weeks and I will place the machines back into the correct position today!

The building was designed to minimize outside noise as we are in the direct flight path for the airport. While most of our guests marvel at how quiet our building is I am sorry that your experience was different.

Thank you again for our comments. If I can be of service now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Marcus Roberts
(404) 324-4180
gm.atlbr@kelcohotels.com

Reviewed August 8, 2012

'Wonderful visit; hotel was extremely comfortable and very clean. In particular, the staff at the front desk (Di'Angelique, Peggy, Ronald, Vida, Crissy and Rainey) provided very professional support throughout my 4-day visit while I taught a seminar at the HIE.

Room Tip: No additional comments at this time.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business