All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskatlanta airportshuttle driverstayed one nightstay overnightnice breakfastthe breakfast areacomfortable roomdomestic terminalyogurtnice stayclean hotelfree shuttlean early flighthiesoundproofing
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel in prepartion to fly out of the country. It's very clean, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is great! We paid to leave our car in the hotel's parking lot while we were gone. The shuttle brought up to the airport on the morning we left and picked us up when we got back. Got our car and drove home! You can't beat the price compared to airport parking. Plus they shuttle you to and from the airport. The price is great for all that you get. Would highly recommend for anyone traveling for a few days and need a close airport hotel with great quality.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind response! The highest compliment that you have given us is your repeat business. I trust that you will find us working to constantly improve on your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service when planning your next trip.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We checked in late and left the next morning, but the sleep was great! Very friendly staff and great hot breakfast. Pancakes were exceptional. Room was quiet and clean. Only problem was it had a small old tube television. Needs to be updated. All in all great nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get a Great Night's sleep. I am also glad to see that you enjoyed our hot breakfast. I agree that the pancakes are fantastic and personally perform quality checks on them often!

You will be happy to know that we will be installing new TV's in all of our guestrooms within the next few months.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance the next time you are in the Atlanta Airport area.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Just what you expect from a cookie cutter property - nice lobby - the room was clean, comfortable. Struggled with the wi-fi - called - never got it to work. The night Front desk clerk was very off-handed. I checked in late that night and to get information was like pulling teeth.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Daytonahotels
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable. I am not pleased about the trouble you had with the wi-fi access and the lack of information from my late night desk agent. We upgraded our wi-fi last year to make sure that our guests do not experience connection issues or a lack of bandwidth since we now offer 20 mb service. Our agent should have given you the information needed or connected you with our support department promptly to resolve your issue. I apologize that this was not done which led to a frustrating experience.

I hope you will give our hotel another opportunity to earn your business. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance the next time you need accommodations in the Atlanta Airport area.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Phyliss was the most disrespectful housekeeper I have ever came in contact with because of her I will not return to this location. First she knocked on my door @ 9am on christmas eve. I told her I was not ready for service and that I would be leaving in a hour. she replied I dont come back I only come once so take this towels. We went back and fourth for about five min. About eleven I let her no I was leaving and if she could clean my room and my daughters room. She just rolled her eyes @me. I get back later that night and she had not cleaned my room. She was very nasty and mean. However christmas day another young lady with glasses cleaned my cant remember her name but she was sooooo nice. She cleaned both our rooms with a smile. I did not have 2 deal the hostile behavior displayed.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Esha10
gmatlbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I actually spoke with you about this on Tuesday morning and I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know about the situation before you left the hotel as this gave me a chance to personally apologize and make amends. I have already dealt with the personnel issue and can assure you that this level of discourtesy is not and will not be tolerated from any staff members in the hotel. I am glad that your dealings with other staff members were positive as you mentioned here and during our conversation. I hope that you will use the certificates that I gave you to give us another opportunity to redeem our reputation in your eyes. I trust that your next review will be 100% positive in keeping with our goals for every guest experience.

Thank you again!

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Excellent hotel and stay! I know, I know, my title says "roach motel" so why do I say excellent otherwise? Because it is, but if it weren't for two long and narrow German cockroaches running around the bathroom area, it would have been a perfect stay. But, since it is not a perfect world, I expect something to go wrong when I travel. I told the front desk clerk about the roaches and the look on her face said it all, she responded immediately by grabbing her maintenance report and told me they would take care of it immediately which I knew they would!

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Your title makes me cringe, but I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and the staff. It is very unusual for uninvited guests to be lurking in your bathroom and we have taken care of the room you were in. We also completed an additional inspection and treatment from our professional pest control service as a result of your report. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!