“very pleased”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We were very impressed and pleased with our 1 night stay. One of the best we've experienced. The staff was pleasant and couldn't have been more helpful. We felf safe. The room was spacious and clean. The mattress was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and the serving area and dining room fully stocked and very clean. The "park, sleep and fly" LaQuinta gets a 5 star rating. This will be our only choice for future trips. The shuttle service to and from LaQuinta to the airport was also exceptional.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 15, 2009

Missed a flight and needed a place to stay until l the next day. Got a great rate and even let me check in at 11am. Was so impressed with the quality of the room for what we paid. Room seemed very new and the amenities were fantastic. Not a bad breakfast in the am either. Got way more than i expected for a night in Atlanta next to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2008

I stayed Nov 7th - 11th with a friend at this Laquinta and I have nothing bad to say. I booked the executive deluxe suite and was pleasantly surprised by how large the rooms were. The living room was very spacious with cable tv, fridge, coffee maker, sink desk, sofa bed, and easy chair. I slept in this room so I can report that the sofa bed was not bad at all and unfortunately I have slept on my fair share of sofa beds.. The bed in the bedroom was a king size bed that looked very comfortable. The room was very clean, staff was super polite and friendly. The breakfast was ok, nothing fancy but it was free... Shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and the driver was courteous.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2008

When we first arrive to the hotel I was pleasantly surprise with the look of the hotel. Ascetics were real nice for the price. Me and my 4 friends were there for vacation two in a bed and one in the sofa bed. Well my friend for three days said that something was biting her in the bed! We kind of blew her off but low and behold she was getting bit by something in that sofa bed. We really didn't mention it to the hotel because we were pleased with the rest of the hotel (but we should have), so for the last few days no one slept in the sofa bed.

Here’s the kicker!!!!!!! The website says 12:00 pm check out time and if you call there reservation center they will tell you the same thing. Well according to the manager their wrong its 11:00am and if you’re not out by 11 they will act real unprofessional and nasty to get you out!! It was 11:21 when the manager calls and basically told us TO GET DRESS AND GET OUT!!!! THEN SHE CALLED 15 MIN AND HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME TO SEE IF I WAS OUT YET!!!! When I told her what the website says she really didn't care and just told her housekeepers to go and clean the room we were in!!! If you stay there don't sleep on the sofa bed and you better get out ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Stuck in Atlanta due to weather, along with at least a million other people. Managed to get the last room at this LaQuinta, and at that point ANYTHING besides the airport floor looked great. I was very pleasantly suprised with this hotel. It's an older property, but the rooms have been updated nicely. Very comfortable beds, very roomy, clean and quiet. The breakfast was nice, a typical continental breakfast, but in a nice homey dining area. The staff could not have been nicer.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on 4-30-08 and again on 5-10-08 on our way to and from St. Martin. The hotel has just been redone and is fabulous. Everything is new and the rooms are huge. Nicely furnished living room with microwave, TV and coffee maker, seperate bedroom with another TV and large bathroom. The place is spotless and they allowed us to keep our car there for 10 nights in the price of the room. The staff was great. I would stay at the hotel again in and heartbeat. The also have a courtesy van to airport.

S. Tate
Birmingham, Al.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2007

The reviews saying this place is a dump gave me pause for concern, but to my surprise it was extremely clean and newly renovated. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful with every detail of my stay. The room was spacious and well appointed. I had a problem with my toliet leaking and they got on it right away. They determined it needed further work and switched me to an even better room on the same level. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. Honestly, this is the best La Quinta Inn I have ever stayed at. And I have been to many all over the U.S.

John J.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!