“Perfect place to rest your head!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I had booked 2 rooms for my myself, my wife and my parents, in advance of our arrival from the UK. We arrived late evening after our flight and were thankful for the quick check-in, and the free coffee/tea in the foyer which we were directed to by the lady on reception. To be honest, with the very good rate which I had paid, I was not expecting the room to be so good! It was a suite with separated living room and bedroom areas. There was also a kitchen area with the fridge, microwave etc. and a very well equipped wash basin area outside of the toilet/shower/bath room. Breakfast in the morning was also well presented with plenty of choice (waffles, cereals, toast, egg, yoghurts etc).
The bed was also very comfortable, and I must admit to sleeping through tropical storm Lee that passed through Atlanta that very night! (The a/c may have helped keep outside noise to a minimum - not a criticism, I find the low drone helps me sleep!!)
If it weren't for the fact we were moving on with our holiday the next morning, I would have had no qualms about staying longer, and would suggest no better value could possibly be found in the immediate area?

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed there just for 1 night. Hotel is convenient to the airport. The price was 80$. The room was very big and clean. There was everything you may need.The staff was friendly. There was a good pool.The complimentary breakfast was great! We loved this hotel!

1  Thank Irina K
Reviewed September 18, 2011

For the life of me, I don't know why anyone would pay more to stay anywhere else. Yes, you can find a little nicer property, but you will not receive more 'bang for your buck' anywhere else. This is a clean, respectable, nice place, convenient to the airport, with a good breakfast, generously sized rooms, well maintained, friendly-enough staff, a newspaper, and coffee available even before 6:30 AM. It is not a five-star resort, but I give it five stars for value!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I arranged for a 5 day stay at our favorite resort on Cozumel at a great price flying out of Atlanta. Flying out of our home airport of Knoxville was $400 higher - so we decided take advantage of the Park/Sleep/Fly program at the La Quinta. We had to leave very early and returned late enough to spend the night on our return. The property was a short drive from an i-85 exit and staff was very friendly. The suites are very generously sized and nicely appointed for the price - the bed was very comfortable. The property is fenced and we felt comfortable leaving the car. Our flight out was too early to take advantage of the hot breakfast - but we did enjoy it before our drive home. The shuttle is available 24 hrs and drops right at the check-in (roughly seven minute drive) and is picked up at the hotel shuttle bus area for the trip back to the hotel. I recommend getting a room away from the pool area and on an upper floor for maximum quiet.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Had 3 rooms for family, visiting our soldier! Wonderful rooms, good food and excellant staff. Thanks LaQuinta...we'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

First impression: Clean hotel, very nice staff at the check in desk, open lobby with interesting architecture, huge room! Seriously big for the price paid. Generous sized desk and supportive work chair. The 'living room' area had a decent couch, comfy chair, and was big enough to feel like you were reallly in a separate room. Mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker may please those who are staying a little longer than overnight like I did. Oh, and the TV in my room was not a flatscreen, but it did swivel. Not a big issue, but 27" ones are so cheap any more that they're almost expected.

Bed was comfortable and clean. This was my second hotel in 2 days and the pillows were stil not my style. I prefer latex or foam, these were some sort of poly fill...some flat, some hard and some soft. I eventually found a combination that worked since there were 5 or so on the bed.

Carpet by the bathroom was torn some and one of the sliding closet doors was cracked at the bottom and only one of them worked. I could still get into the closet for my needs but if you were going to hang a lot of clothes this would have been an issue. Bathroom was fine for one night. The tile and grout needs a lot of help, the caulking could be replaced, and the tub needs a serious scrub or re-surfaced. It was the only thing that showed the discounted price at this hotel, the rest was great.

Breakfast the next morning was more than adequate, all the usual contenental items with the addition of waffels and eggs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The hotel room was nice, not great, but nice. When I booked this hotel there was one review regarding the crime in the parking lot so I made sure to look out the window to check on the car a few times throughout the night. We arrived after being on the road all day and after I checked in, my wife and I went up to the room without our luggage to use the bathroom and check the condition of the room. I left my car parked in the passenger drop off area in front of the lobby for that short period of time. When I came back down to get my luggage I was hassled by the clerk to move my vehicle from the passenger drop off area. She tried to make it seem like she was doing me a favor. She said she didn't want my car to get towed especially since she just saw a police officer drive by. Like my car was going to get towed for parking next to a yellow curb for 5 minutes. So to appease her I asked her to watch my luggage while I parked my car. The other issue I had with the staff was regarding the check out time. Online it says 12:00pm check-out time. However the hotel claims to have an 11:00am check-out. When I requested to be able to check out by noon the clerk on the phone starts telling me about how they have a big group coming in...Like I want to hear about how much I inconvenience them. Eventually she grants me my request. The room was decent. My only issues with the room were the lack of conveniently located electrical outlets (none near the bed), the difficulty controlling the fan on the A/C, and the flaw in the workmanship of the carpet/tile border between the bathroom/bedroom. The carpet just didn't quite make it all the way to the tile. There was a 1/2 inch gap between the two. The minor flaws in the room were nothing compared to the lack of friendliness with the staff. Breakfast was decent, but nothing to brag about. There are plenty of hotels in the immediate vicinity of this hotel. For a few extra bucks you can probably buy some better service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!