I was traveling through Atlanta for buisness and only spent one night at this hotel. I am a frequent traveler and tend to stay loyal to Marriott when I can.
First and foremost, the bed in my room was the single best hotel bed that I've ever slept on (and I've slept in plenty of $300+/night rooms). The pillows were incredible and the room was impecably clean.
The Good: Hotel was nice and large. It did not seem overcrowded. The elevators were very fast and without a wait. Rooms, as previously stated, were fantastic. Friendly staff, though the hotel was sparsely populated by staff. Also, the work out room was very clean and amply supplied with equipment. The pools were very big and, though they were never crowded, could easily accommodate a huge number of guests.
The Bad: Very weird location. It was very safe, but it was really only convenient to the airport. I went to downtown ATL at night to check out some sights and the commute wasn't bad at about 15 minutes. There is a well populated area about 5 minutes drive from the hotel with a wide variety of fast food. There is nothing within walking distance from the hotel at all in terms of food or entertainment. I never heard any airplanes in teh evening, but the mid afternoon did have its share of loud airplanes taking off from the nearby airport.
The Ugly: Even though the hotel is located on plenty of land, self parking is $10.00/night and valet is about twice that. The parking lot is not particularly conducive to making an easy trip to the car from your room, so make sure you bring in all your bags in one trip. The Starbucks in the lobby isn't a real Starbucks. You can order from the menu, but the baristas are located in the kitchen of one of the restaurants. The cleaning service began fairly early at about 8:30. As I watched TV in my room during the morning, I could hear the cleaning crew knock on every door on the hallway asking if the room was ready to be cleaned. Very distracting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in a convenient location less than 2 miles from airport when you stat at Atlanta Airport Marriott. Our hotel in Atlanta, Georgia is also close to the convention center and downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlanta Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Airport Hotel College Park
- Marriott Hotel College Park
- Marriott College Park
- College Park Marriott