“Nice Airport Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Orlando
“Nice Airport Hotel”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

A very clean and nice Marriott that always seems to have great rates. If I am in Atlanta and need to drive around on the southside, this is a great option. The Marriott is a little off the beaten path and not near much, but I am always able to get a rate near or below $100.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
New York, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2009

While trying to fly back to New York from Atlanta on a Sunday afternoon, my wife and my flight was cancelled by thunderstorms in NYC. We booked a room at the Airport Marriott and I was ready for anything but an enjoyable experience. Instead, we had a very nice room--totally quiet (obviously key given the location), well appointed (except only two bath towels--should have had four), very clean, comfortable bed/linens, new flat screen, internet, etc. Dinner at the restaurant was also very good. I would definitely stay here again if in-transit overnight at Hartsfield.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2009

I just returned from a brief stay at this hotel and it was fantastic. Every single staff person was friendly and helpful Check-in was a breeze and I only paid $76 per night and I reserved the room on the Marriott website. My room was on the 10th floor and it was very clean and very well-appointed. The bed was a little soft for my taste, but I slept well. I had two room service meals. Both were served at the perfect temperature and the person taking my order was very well-versed with the menu and answered my many questions. The person who delivered the food was friendly and made suggestions of area restaurants if I wanted to try a meal out during my visit. When I left the check-out was easy and the girl at the desk called ahead for my car. Valet parking is twelve ollars. It w as raining and I decided to use valet. I usually use self-park. I will use this hotel again when I need a place near the Atlanta airport. I felt it was an excellent value. For the price of what I typically pay for a hoel in Buckhead I had a nice room, two meals, and valet parking. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank BeingGreen
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 13, 2009

Good decent Marriott. Good Concierge level. Driver from airport was rude with no manners. Be prepared to know which Marriott you are staying at because he was a real jerk to people who said simply "Marriott". He's reply: Which one...there's many...don't you know.
Food was average. I ate at the bar downstairs which you can order from any of the restaurants. Again, the food was average. The bathrooms were tiny, tiny, tiny. The bed was the best part of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
athens, ga
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott before flying out the next day. We booked a package deal in which we got to park "free" for up to 7 days for spending one night at the hotel. The place was extremely comfortable, clean, and everyone was friendly. The shuttle to the airport was quick and easy (both coming and going) and ran all the time. It was a great deal to not have to pay for parking or driving the typical 2 + hour drive from my house the day of a trip. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2009
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Leaving and entering the Atlanta Airport is no fun (e.g., arriving on an international flight, one has to go through Immigration, get their baggage and go through Customs, which is normal, but then need to go through security once again before taking a train to the main terminal and waiting at the baggage return carousels), but since we chose a flight schedule that involved an overnight stay, we are glad we chose this hotel, based largely on Tripadvisor reviews (and the price). Paid just over $100 (AARP rate). We had just a short wait at the airport for the hotel shuttle (on Xmas Eve), and got back to the airport the next morning when we wanted to. The Allies restaurant and bar were still open when we arrived after 9 p.m., and we had a decent dinner at the former (for more comfortable seating and lack of smokers that were at the bar). The room was quite comfortable. We were not there long enough to need Internet use, but $12 a day sounds okay given the $9 I later paid for about 5 minutes at a hotel in Las Vegas. I thought we got a free "USA Today," but wouldn't have cared if we had not. Not sure why this is listed under College Park and not Atlanta, given the fact that people would use it mainly as an airport hotel. If we had to overnight near the Atlanta airport again (and, given the hassles of exisiting and returng to the airport, there is something to be said for direct conections), we would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Liked — Location (convenience to airport)
  • Disliked — Needing to hassle with Hartsfield Airport to get there
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Wyoming
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Stayed here one night on an overnight leg on the way home from a trip. Got a great rate thru Marriott website so we weren't expecting a lot. Really nice hotel, recently renovated. Very nice front desk with quick check in and a good dinner at their hotel restaurant. Very quiet, comfortable rooms, with flatscreens and nice duvets on the beds. Have stayed at hotels like this costing 3-4 times as much so this was a great stay for a terrific price.

Free airport hotel shuttle, prompt and again, very friendly. The only thing keeping this from excellent would be it is on its own and you are pretty much stuck eating there (which is fine for an airport hotel!) Prices at restaurant/bar were good, too.

• Liked — Location 5 min from airport and nice newly redecorated rooms
  • Disliked — Dining choices close by (walkable), but hotel restaurant good!
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!