Atlanta Airport Marriott
$110
$109
$85
$67
All reviewsthe concierge loungesushi barself parkatlanta airportshuttle runs every minutesbusiness meetingoutdoor poolnext morningfree shuttlefront desk stafflobby areabusiness centerdefinitely stay here againovernight stayshuttle servicethe room was nicedomestic terminal
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My last review sang the praises of our favorite Atlanta airport hotel. I stand by my previous rating of 'five', with one change. An unfortunate incident after our last stay is the cause.

We had redeemed frequent flyer miles for one night at the Marriott. This was acknowledged at checked in, and correctly appeared on the final bill the next morning. However, in addition to the cost of the four meals purchased at the restaurant, our credit card was also charged for one night's lodging. Fortunately, my wife diligently reviews our credit card statement each month and caught the mistake. A call was placed, and we were assured that a response would occur within 24 hours. A second call was placed when the response did not occur. This time the correction was made.

So, even though the problem was eventually resolved, one point is taken away for the original mishandling of the billing and the subsequent slow response. Oh, and no apology.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel staff was amazing! Check-in was great, as Brenda S. is a very sweet and helpful lady. She was GENUINELY friendly, and didn't try to rush through the process, even though there were a TON of people checking in because of various sporting events in the Atlanta area.
The bellhop was so sweet, as were the valet staff. The shuttle driver, John, was AWESOME! He played tv show trivia for us to keep the ride interesting and fun, and was super attentive.
Our room was clean, had a great view of the Atlanta skyline as well as the airport. I was concerned that airport noise would be a problem, but it wasn't at all. The bed was very comfy, and we had the best night's sleep at a hotel in a while.
The lobby restaurant (the Voya Bistro), on the other hand, did not meet expectations. The food was good, but the wait staff was EXTREMELY SLOW, and not very friendly. We waited forever (at least 20 minutes) for our first round of drinks, and even longer for food. Hoping the second night would be better, we tried it again. Drinks and food came out faster, but waiting for the waitress to get the bill split correctly was ridiculous. We were a party of 10, split checks. It took an hour and a half (no exaggeration!) to get our bills right. The waitress would not let us tell her what we each ordered, but instead went back SEVERAL times to try to figure it out herself, all the while waiting on her other tables. It was very late by this point, and our children were late getting to bed to be rested for a full day of court time the next day.
The Southside, on the other hand, was perfect for breakfast, staff was fabulous, food delicious.
I would stay here again if I have to be near the airport, but otherwise, I'll stay downtown from now on.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

No way this hotel gets anything above a 3 star rating. Ok, the breakfast buffet was good; omelets made to order, large cut, fresh fruit selection, etc. However, the service was about as bad as service gets. I saw my server twice, once when she delivered the coffee and again when she left the bill after I asked someone to get her. I wasn't the only one as I heard others asking the omelet chef for help because servers weren't assisting.

With regard to the hotel, the only thing nice looking was the lobby. This has to be an old hotel. It looks and smells like one that has had a few face lifts. Yes, the bed was comfy, but the place did not feel clean to me. This was really just an ok stay and not one I would choose again. I stayed there for one night and that will be the last stay for me.

Oh, and to conclude my experience with the hotel, I called and asked them to send an email copy of my bill and was told to email a request for it. When I attempted to email a request, the message was returned undeliverable. Um, really, I am way to busy for this level of no customer service but unfortunately its typical of Atlanta service in general.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Anthony C, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations and I apologize for the lack of service you experienced. This is certainly not indicative of our normal service levels and I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate hosts. I hope we have the opportunity to earn back your trust in the future and welcome you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Beds were comfortable and plush. Food at the hotel bistro was delicious!!! Staff was friendly and always ready to help. Just wish the movie rentals weren't so expensive.Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Service always outweighs the product for me. If it's a nice place great but if the people make me feel welcome, that's even better. Its been a long day of traveling and this staff has made me feel like I've made it home for the night instead of being stuck in some hotel because of flight cancelations. I would absolutely recommend this hotel 110%. Spencer was so genuine and helpful. The bistro waitress had such a wonderful personality on her first night. The bellhop let us take the elevator while he took the next one. The shuttle driver still had a personality at 12:00 at night. Sure do love the south. The rooms were nice as well. Very clean and well decorated.

• Stayed: March 2014