Atlanta Airport Marriott
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$59
Hotwire.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungesushi barself parkatlanta airportshuttle runs every minutesbusiness meetingoutdoor poolnext morningfree shuttlefront desk stafflobby areabusiness centerdefinitely stay here againovernight stayshuttle servicethe room was nicedomestic terminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2013

For all of you who didn't like the fact that you have to pay for Wifi at this hotel, never fear!! I just stayed here last weekend and the hotel JUST installed a new system where you can get free high speed wireless internet. You put in your last name and room #, and it gives you the option of choosing either the free high speed internet OR paying $12.95 for the SUPER high speed. Considering I was just checking e-mails, browsing the web and checking social networking all weekend, the free Wifi was perfect for me. It worked well and was fast. I did find at the end of my stay that it was charged to my bill, HOWEVER, the manager at the desk when I checked out took it off, and explained that they had literally JUST installed the new system and were apparently getting all of the kinks out. She actually took time to ask me how the system worked and what it asked me to do when I tried to logon. I told her that it worked very well for me and that I appreciated the fact that they would now be offering free wireless!

Overall, this is a great hotel if you are wanting to stay near the airport. I scored some unbelievably cheap fares, and for what I paid, it was MORE than worth it. The hotel was very clean, my room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. It was also quiet and I was able to get a good night sleep.

The parking is a bit of a pain and would be the biggest downside to this hotel. You do have to pay $15 a day which I didn't appreciate, and, because you need a guest key to get into the building from all of the other entrances other than the main door, upon check-in you have to walk a loooooooong way from the parking to the front door, and with heavy bags that were weighing me down and killing my shoulder, that was not super fun. Now, granted, after you've checked in and gotten your key, you can just use any of the back doors by the parking lot to get in, but that initial walk is annoying with bags. I would say the parking issues (both the distance and especially the cost are the biggest cons to this hotel).

The staff were friendly and helpful. Both at check-in and check-out as well as a few other times in which I needed to ask a question, I found the staff to be very nice. Kudos!

The restaurant was surprisingly delicious. I don't think I have to tell any of you on here that hotel restaurants are generally mediocre at best. My friends and I had drinks late the first night and had dinner/snacks very late (around midnight) on the second night after coming in from our evening concert. The waitress who waited us on both times was very sweet and friendly. The service was prompt, and the food was delicious. I had already had dinner the second night so I just ordered some of their homemade potato chips as a snack. They were absolutely delicious and indeed homemade! They came with a great onion dip and really hit the spot. My other friends tried the quesadillas, pulled pork sliders, cheese dip, a grilled chicken dish, and a couple of other dishes and everyone was extremely surprised by the quality. They also have a sushi bar which was not open when we were there (due to how late we came in). All in all, great food.

In that the hotel is near the airport, it is a bit far away from downtown Atlanta. It took us about 20 minutes each way in our rental car, so if you're looking to be near the action this might not be the hotel for you. However, if you need to be near the airport, this is a great option. I did not use the shuttle but I did see it coming and going many times while I was here.

All in all, this was a great stay and if you can get a very low rate like I did, it's absolutely worth the money!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The bed is extremely comfortable, the pillows and sheets are clean and have no strange smells (not chemicals or anything). The shuttle to and from the airport is very punctual. I think the room for just one night is very expensive ( no breakfast and no free wi-fi in the room, but it was totally worth it.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lsan4
Reviewed December 26, 2013

my overnight stay was enjoyable, wish I had more time to stay longer and look at the scenery. if I'm need a hotel in the area again I will this one for sure. My husband loved the comfort of the bed especially the pillows.

Room Tip: need microwave and compact refrigerator.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I came in late from the airport with no reservation and the Marriott desk folks were very accommodating to me. The room is a basic Marriott room, I have stayed in nice, but clean so no complaints. I would stay here again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I love this hotel, because it's a modern, clean and plenty of staff on hand to cater to your every need. The bed was very comfortable, which I had a good night sleep and woke up refreshed. They have a restaurant in the hotel and their food is not cheap at all, but there food is good, except for the steak I wouldn't recommend. Overall I enjoyed my stay and I recommend this hotel, because it's modern, clean, comfortable and the staff is friendly and go out of their way to assist you.