“High end service with a smile”

Atlanta Airport Marriott
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“High end service with a smile”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with Marriott for an Acura convention. I was impressed as soon as we pulled up to the valet. There was a gentleman with a smile and a prompt greeting. Upon arrival at the front desk we had 2 more polite employees hold the door and welcome us with a smile. Check in was a breeze and everything was explained well. We had dinner at the Champions restraunt located in the hotel. It was good. The next morning we had an excellent breakfast buffet supplied by the hotel.
The room was comfortable. The pillows were nice. I had a lightbulb out in my bathroom. The shower tub was very slick and I about fell numerous times.
Overall I enjoyed my stay with this Marriott and I would return if I was traveling in this area.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while visiting and going to World of Coca-Cola. Room was nice seemed clean but smelt a little like an ash tray. The pool area was awesome indoor-outdoor just swim on thru. Kids absolutely loved it. Price wasnt bad and it seemed to be in a pretty safe area as long as you dont drive a few block away, then its not so good. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank mdlaw80
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We over-nighted here and met friends for cocktails at their large and accommodating Southside Grille. Our room was appropriately comped when we discovered upon waking for our morning international flint, the shower malfunctioned. Inconvenient but handled well.

Room Tip: If you are flying international and taking the hotel shuttle, allow for an extra 15 minutes to get t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PlatterTalk
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We traveled to Atlanta to fly to Hawaii because my husband is active duty army and we are getting stationed there. We stayed two nights. For only ten extra dolllars charged to the room our family of five all received a full breakfast. There is even a short order cook that makes waffles..eggs..omlets for you with the buffet. The staff is wonderful. Bell staff were prompt to take bags up to our room and on our departure when we requested services again at the desk we barely made it to our room before he arrived. Lol the shuttle service is excellent. It runs every fifteen mi.s and drops you off right in front of the delta entrance and he also unloads all of your baggage and is very friendly. Surprisingly I heard no noise of airplanes. As for the reconstruction the only time we heard anything was behind walls near the elevators intermittently during the day. It was not even an issue for us. The view of the planes coming in on the seventh floor was amazing to watch and the children enjoyed it. If I had any complaint at all it would be the restaurant that serves the breakfast. The breakfast is wonderful but the dinner service wasn't as tasty and a tad bland. And depending on your server the service can be slow. Other than that it was a wonderful stay. Oh..the indoor pool was great for the kids.

Charlevoix, Mi.
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand the bad reviews. I was on the 2nd floor in the smaller towers overlooking the pool. Nice balcony, unbelievably comfortable bed and the Filet Mignon was better than Ruth Chris. My internet and bottle of water was free but that could be because of my rewards status. Yes the rooms are a bit small but had a comfortable chair, work desk & office chair. The only thing missing was a mini fridge but I didn't ask if available being I didn't need it. The hotel shuttle is prompt and the driver was very nice. I will stay here from now on when stuck in Atlanta

Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Being very tired from traveling to thr Bahamas, staying in this hotel was a real treat.
Not only for the quality of the property, but also for the first-rate service of the staff.
We spent some time in the South Side Lounge, and enjoyed the help of our food server Lexi (Alexis)
She was very friendly and went out of her way to help my wife with the selection of our menu.
The room proper was excellent, tast-fully furnished and decorated.
It was a welcome stay after our poor experience in Nassau, Bahama.
The shuttle service to and from the International Airport was flawless, and it runs on-time around the clock.
There was nothing to complain about, and Lexi took good care of us.
R. van den Berg

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rav9092001
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, comfortable beds and I like that they have a screen providing flight updates in the lobby. The staff is very pleasant and professional. The only thing I did not like is that the hotel do not provide free Internet service in the rooms, although the Internet is free in the lobby. The price of the Internet service in the rooms range from $12 to $14 per day. The room rates per night is not cheap so free Internet would be a great amenity for their guest. Overall, I would stay there again when returning to the Atlanta area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!