“Very Nice - But have Plenty of Money at Southside Lounge”

Atlanta Airport Marriott
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed April 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed overnight to attend a banquet on March 29, 2008. Upon arrival each employee we encountered was very courteous and went out of their way to speak to us and see if we needed any help. The check in was quick, friendly and painless - and our room was PLUSH ! We were on the 12th floor and our room was very nice. The bed was so soft and comfortable - I wanted to bring it home. It also had a huge flat screen tv we enjoyed. The room was clean and had everything we needed. It was pretty cool to lounge in your bed and see a huge jet fly close by your window but not have to hear the noise of it. We never heard any airplanes until we went outside.

The only complaint I had - upon waiting for the banquet to begin - we decided to go have a drink in the Southside lounge. Upon standing at the bar a few minutes - the bartender never acknowledged us but finally a waiter appeared and took our drink order. We ordered 2 Tom Collins (not a fancy drink by any means) - she did not go behind the bar - she actually left the bar and went somewhere else to obtain the drinks - have no idea where. When she came back, the drinks were probably just in a plain 6 ounce glass - WITH A $26.00 TAB !!!.. $26.00 for 2 drinks --- they ripped us off --- Our friends went down the hall after that and there were bars set up in the halls due to a couple of banquets going on.. He ordered two drinks for $7.00 a piece.

Like I said the hotel is very plush and I would definately stay there again - but I would never go into that Southside lounge AGAIN......

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed March 30, 2008

We volunteered to stay behind overnight for an overbooked flight. Nice modern rooms, and I did not hear the first airplane overhead.

Used a breakfast voucher at the Starbucks downstairs. Great shuttle service back to ATL. I noticed booking kiosks for business travelers in the lobby, and I will keep this one in mind if I need to be in ATL on business. XLNT!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Spent a few nights recently. The hotel was in great shape. Super plush bedding and pillows. Employees everywhere.

Check in Kiosks (good or bad) I will let you decide, but I did get exactly what my profile lists and didn't have to wait in line behind 15 people.

Concierge lounge was well attented, had above average fare, and was right next to my room.

Bentleys restuarant has AWESOME steaks even if they are overpriced.

They even have a sushi bar in the lobby.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 14, 2008

My partner, her father and son and myself stayed at the Airport Marriott twice in both December 07 and January 08 on both legs of our winter vacation, and had a pretty good experience.

The rooms have recently had a refit and look pretty good; they also feature large flat screen TVs with HD and HBO/Sport channels etc. The lobby looked good without feeling 'cold', and the Southside Lounge was a welcome place for a beer and some OK food.

My only two small complaints would be that the pool area - underused during our visit - could do with an overhaul and that the Sunday rate on our first stay was almost double the Saturday rate on our second; which was a bit annoying.

But the staff were polite and friendly, there was a shuttle to/from Hartsfield-Jackson every 15 mins, and the hotel was good overall. A clean and convenient option.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2008

The Marriott at the Airport is fantastic for a layover in Atlanta. Check in went very smooth and we were welcomed very graciously. The hotel is much larger than I expected, and is most likely very busy during conventions.

The hotel is situated near a great many other hotels, so there aren't really many dining options outside the hotel property. That being said, we ate at the sushi bar in the main lobby and found that the service and quality of the dishes were outstanding. The room was very comfortable and exactly what you would expect from a Marriott in a major city.

Would stay again if near the airport.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Enjoyed a brief overnight here. Good coffee making facilities and good bar/restaurants on the site.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2007

I was able to book my room using credit card points through Expedia and Thankyounetwork.

I was hesitant on using valet based on past reviews, but saw that the price difference was only going to be $3 between self-park and valet. I did not like valet because I was only staying for 7 hours or less. That still was considered overnight. Although the sign said 8 hours was overnight.

Check-in was simple and quick. Considering I booked through a 3 party site I did not know what to expect. They acknowledge it was pre-paid and gave me the room keys.

I had a beautiful room with a flat screen TV!! The furnishings were modern. The bathroom was small, but well appointed and comfortable. They had amenities from Bath and Body Works.
The bed was wonderful!! I had a comfortable night's sleep. I could not hear outside noise.

Check-out was extremely easy & enjoyable since I was leaving 5AM. All I had to do was confirm my bill, which was already at my door and checkout via the telephone.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying close to the airport. I am seriously considering for my next trip to stay here for my late night arrivals and then go to my "real hotel" up north (close to Smyrna).

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!