“Ditto - great for layover”

Atlanta Airport Marriott
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We volunteered to stay behind overnight for an overbooked flight. Nice modern rooms, and I did not hear the first airplane overhead.

Used a breakfast voucher at the Starbucks downstairs. Great shuttle service back to ATL. I noticed booking kiosks for business travelers in the lobby, and I will keep this one in mind if I need to be in ATL on business. XLNT!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 22, 2008

Spent a few nights recently. The hotel was in great shape. Super plush bedding and pillows. Employees everywhere.

Check in Kiosks (good or bad) I will let you decide, but I did get exactly what my profile lists and didn't have to wait in line behind 15 people.

Concierge lounge was well attented, had above average fare, and was right next to my room.

Bentleys restuarant has AWESOME steaks even if they are overpriced.

They even have a sushi bar in the lobby.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 14, 2008

My partner, her father and son and myself stayed at the Airport Marriott twice in both December 07 and January 08 on both legs of our winter vacation, and had a pretty good experience.

The rooms have recently had a refit and look pretty good; they also feature large flat screen TVs with HD and HBO/Sport channels etc. The lobby looked good without feeling 'cold', and the Southside Lounge was a welcome place for a beer and some OK food.

My only two small complaints would be that the pool area - underused during our visit - could do with an overhaul and that the Sunday rate on our first stay was almost double the Saturday rate on our second; which was a bit annoying.

But the staff were polite and friendly, there was a shuttle to/from Hartsfield-Jackson every 15 mins, and the hotel was good overall. A clean and convenient option.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2008

The Marriott at the Airport is fantastic for a layover in Atlanta. Check in went very smooth and we were welcomed very graciously. The hotel is much larger than I expected, and is most likely very busy during conventions.

The hotel is situated near a great many other hotels, so there aren't really many dining options outside the hotel property. That being said, we ate at the sushi bar in the main lobby and found that the service and quality of the dishes were outstanding. The room was very comfortable and exactly what you would expect from a Marriott in a major city.

Would stay again if near the airport.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Enjoyed a brief overnight here. Good coffee making facilities and good bar/restaurants on the site.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2007

I was able to book my room using credit card points through Expedia and Thankyounetwork.

I was hesitant on using valet based on past reviews, but saw that the price difference was only going to be $3 between self-park and valet. I did not like valet because I was only staying for 7 hours or less. That still was considered overnight. Although the sign said 8 hours was overnight.

Check-in was simple and quick. Considering I booked through a 3 party site I did not know what to expect. They acknowledge it was pre-paid and gave me the room keys.

I had a beautiful room with a flat screen TV!! The furnishings were modern. The bathroom was small, but well appointed and comfortable. They had amenities from Bath and Body Works.
The bed was wonderful!! I had a comfortable night's sleep. I could not hear outside noise.

Check-out was extremely easy & enjoyable since I was leaving 5AM. All I had to do was confirm my bill, which was already at my door and checkout via the telephone.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying close to the airport. I am seriously considering for my next trip to stay here for my late night arrivals and then go to my "real hotel" up north (close to Smyrna).

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2007

What can I say? It was just a single night's stay, but everything was perfectly fine. The room was clean, the A/C worked well, (which is a TOP priority for me), and the flat-panel high-def. TV was fantastic. Didn't hear excess noise from other rooms and the restaurant downstairs served a good meal. You're probably only going to stay here if you need to be near the airport or if you're on a layover, and if that's the case, you can't go wrong here. Pretty decent price, too. I think I paid something like $85. Make sure to ask for an AAA discount if you're a member.

Stayed: September 2007
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!