“Small Rooms”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“Small Rooms”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked this room for my 8yr old Bday, it was her sister and a friend. Kid of like a kids sleepover in a hotel room. The amenities were nice. Nice outdoor/indoor pool model. Great gym overlooking the pool. Parking was awful though. We had to park sooooo far away from the door b/c everything was full. Parking was 13/day. The room was sooooooo small. I felt like i was staying in a college dorm. The bathroom was even smaller. I've stayed at other Marriott brands before, such as Courtyard and Residence Inn and there rooms and bathrooms were spacious. The door to the room was so tiny. If you were obese you would probably have to enter the room door sideways. So overall i give the stay and Average. Good for the amenities, but the room was just too tiny and VERY basic for it to be Marriott. I think I'd rather stay at one of there other brands where i can get free parking, free internet, free breakfast and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: I'm guessing you should do an upgrade, b/c the standard guest rooms are VERY small. Shockingly...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shivon7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The staff is very polite and the rooms are clean. The location is great for the airport and the park and fly package is very affordable and convenient. My husband accidently left his iPhone in the room and they held it for him until we returned from our trip. I think that speaks volumes for the staff and security.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Spent 3 nights there as part of a corporate meeting. The hotel and its ground are so convienent to the airport, but it does not scream "airport hotel." The outside pool and grounds are like a mini-resort. The gym was better than average with actual free weights. Staff was friendly and wiling to help. Rooms are standard Marriott hotel; a bit small, but adequate for rest and business. Restaurants were the downfall; typical of airport hotel. They have a few restaurants, but the menu is basically the same. One kitchen right? Loved that this hotel gave me a little taste of resort while doing business.

Room Tip: Lobby Bar serves decent sushi!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I spent one night here last week before catching a flight and overall I was very pleased. I dropped off my rental car and found the shuttle almost immediately. The check-in was friendly, room was standard Marriott quality. The hotel has a nice gym and several good restaurants. In particular Bentley's Steakhouse was excellent.
In the morning the shuttle back to the airport was quick and easy.
Only downside was the concierge lounge which was too small for a hotel this size with not enough seating at breakfast and not much to choose from.
Other than that I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GA
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've stayed here several times. The weekend prices can't be beat. Especially if you need a quick stay over near the airport. This hotel is more of an upscale hotel where everyone can feel comfortable. There are constant shuttles back and forth from the airport. The rooms are nice and clean. We have stayed on several floors and have enjoyed all of them. The pool is indoor/outdoor which means it's twice as large and has a beautiful firepit area with lots of luxury seating around it. We recently stayed here and notice they are now offering food/drink service to the pool are as well.

Room Tip: We request a lower room on either side of the pool. These rooms have patios on the back with sliding...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Atlanta Marriott Airport Hotel for one night. We dropped off our rental car, hopped on the Sky Train and were at the hotel in a couple of minutes. It is a very short walk to the hotel. Check-in took less than 2 minutes. They were extremely organized and gave our kids some little stuffed animals.

The hotel is very new and quite lovely. We upgraded to the Concierge floor which was great with the kids. We could easily get snacks and drinks. The staff here were very helpful and friendly.

We have stayed in many hotels and we found this hotel to have the friendliest staff we have ever encountered. They really made us feel welcome.

After a nice buffet breakfast we left for the airport. You exit the hotel, walk around the corner and hop on the Sky Train. It is maybe a two minute ride to the Domestic Terminal at the airport. We had to take the shuttle to the new International Terminal which was no trouble at all.

Loved this hotel. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the concierge floor if you are travelling with kids. It is more than worth it. The availa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a one night layover in Atlanta on our way home from a trip. For what was billed online as a 4-star hotel we thought the price was a real value. Unfortunately in took less than a minute for us to realize why. We were interacted with (because greeted would be false) by one of the women at the front desk who curtly, and with no sense of understanding, informed us that the room with a king bed we had reserved wasn't available and that we'd have to settle for a room with two double beds instead. This sort of thing does not happen at a 4-star hotel. Were this the Motel 6 and 'ol Tom Bodett was laying this news on us (while keeping the light on for us of course) I would understand. But as a hotel that sells itself as a 4-star establishment this was wholly unacceptable. I politely and respectfully expressed my disappointment to the front desk lady who responded by handing me the room key and, with all the forced corporate ingenuineness she could muster, wished my a pleasant stay. Now I understand that mistakes get made and these sorts of screw ups happen, I'm a forgiving and understanding kind of guy, but to flat out ignore a customer's disappointment and dissatisfaction with their experience at your hotel is a crime worthy of public flogging. What my my interaction with this Marriott employee told me, within a minute of being in the hotel, was that I was not valued as a customer and as long as they had my money they could care less about my stay. It's a sad, but entirely common, experience in corporate run mega-hotels. I personally will never stay at another Marriott again as a result of this experience and would encourage anyone I know to do likewise. There are plenty of options around the airport in Atlanta. Why would you actively choose to stay somewhere that doesn't have the slightest concern for you as a customer, the person who allows them to stay in business?

For the record, the room was clean and reasonably comfortable. It was what I'd expect at a two-star hotel, clean and ho-hum, small TV, not much for actual amenities etc. Unfortunately this is allegedly a 4-star hotel. An average hotel fronting as a luxury hotel and run by insincere, phony, and downright rude staff. Don't stay here, there are far better options.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!