“Very nice hotel”

Atlanta Airport Marriott
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I booked this hotel through Priceline and was very happy with the value for money. I have 20+ years of hotel management experience and also own my own Inn so am pretty much "in the know" when it comes to hotels. The check in was very efficient and the front desk clerk apologized profusely that they did not have a room with 2 beds (see note below) as they had a group of teenagers who were having a conference that had taken up all the double bedded rooms. She did however promptly arrange for a rollaway bed and trust me having worked both front office and housekeeping I was amazed at the speed at which it was delivered. The room clean and comfortable and the bathroom - although not large was a nice size and very clean. Funnily enough this was the 3rd hotel I stayed in during the week and NONE used trash can liners. A small thing but just something I noticed. We ate at the Sushi Bar, the service was very slow and although the Sushi chef was very gracious, we waited a long time for service (it was 9.30pm and there was NOT a lot of people being served but it seemed as if the waitress had been on a break). The continental breakfast was very good value and delivered on time. I had the choice of leaving my car at the hotel or at the airport parking while I was away, long term off airport parking would have been cheaper but I chose to pay the $10/day and use their airport shuttle service which was very efficient.

My only gripe is with room requests (ie needing a king or 2 bedded room) is a major headache, but this is more a priceline issue than a hotel issue, and a frequent one - Priceline says call the hotel, the hotel says we can't make the request you have to talk to Priceline, call Priceline back and get the run around again. I know some on here will say well then don't book with Priceline but (1) the hotel gives rooms to Priceline to sell and (2) the customer saves money. In addition with my hotel background I know its a REQUEST and not guaranteed.

Overall I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have stayed here several times when flying out of the Atlanta Airport early in the morning. I usually get a package deal where I can leave my car at the Marriott for a week or so. It is very convenient to get there the night before, have a good night sleep, and then take the shuttle over and then back when you get home. Overall, the hotel is above average in quality and the staff has always been helpful. Yes they do nickel and dime you to death (like most business traveler oriented hotels), but if you plan ahead it is really not a bad deal. I would stay away from the on-site restaurant though. The service is usually slow and the food is overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We did a one nighter the the Marriott Airport on a weekend trip to Atlanta. We have previously stayed at the Renaissance at the airport which was very nice. This hotel seemed a bit more dated and not nearly as plush.
The arrival was crazy. Since we arrived at 9 pm and were leaving in the morning, self parking seemed like the best option. There were countless cars arriving as we came in. The attendant brushed us off to the self park lot when we told him we didn't need valet parking. It was a good walk to the self park lot, but we did the hike.
Check in was easy enough. The room was only $80.00/night Government rate and we were up and in in a flash. The room was small, but well appointed. It was about 1/3 of the size of the room we had the the Renaissance. Since we were only there for 9 hours and not even unpacking, it was fine.
We did not eat or drink at the hotel, so can't help there. Next time, we'll be back at the Renaissance.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kevbat
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this Marriott. Typically, airport hotels leave a lot to be desired but this hotel was very nice. About the only downside is the location. While very close to the airport, it is somewhat isolated, so if you don't have a car you are pretty much out of luck finding someplace to eat other than the hotel. However, the hotel restaurant was pretty good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Just a quick overnight stay at the airport on the way to a conference; so I chose this hotel since I normally stay at Marriott brand hotels. This Marriott is a bit dated - decor needs a makeover. Rooms were slightly below Marriott standards; restaurant was closed the night I stayed there (Sunday) and there are limited options within walking distance. I stayed on the concierge level and looked forward to using the lounge - but it was also closed during my stay. . . . . disappointing. Will cloose another Marriott the next time through town.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This hotel was nothing special. No microwave in room, refridge was 1/2 the size of a normal hotel refridge, tv worked only on a few channels (was offfered reward points but we don't stay at these types of hotels to expensive) and you had to pay for internet in the rooms. (No we didn't have to pay for it cause it was part of the package from the convention we attended but still cheaper hotels offer it for FREE.) I prefer where we normally stay and plan on staying with that chain. They offer so much more for so much less and even have a great continental breakfast. Yes the room was nicely furnished but and the housekeeping was extremely friendly but the price you pay I hope they pay their housekeeping a decent wage.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2010

This hotel is close to the airport, though the immediate neighborhood offers nothing. There is a free hotel shuttle from the airport which runs every 15 minutes, and a flight board in the lobby to update travelers. The hotel is up to Marriott standards, but is starting to show some age, starting with the table directly inside the front door. Ate at the Southside restaurant for dinner; it was good, though the menu was limited. There is also a cafe and a more upscale steakhouse inside. There is a counter with Starbucks coffee as well. The fitness center was a good size. One pleasant surprise was outdoor tennis courts and an indoor/outdoor pool.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
The Westin Atlanta Airport
The Westin Atlanta Airport
#103 of 173 in Atlanta
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport

Been to Atlanta Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!